47 Willy's

Old April 23rd 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike chambers

Default 47 Willy's

Just brought home an 47 Willy's . Runs great needs some brake work .
Not sre if i need a new clutch or linkage. Was driving it around the
yard and after 20 minutes of fun the tranny would not go into gear.
Pushed it back to the garage for the night. The next day i started it up
and the it shifted just fine like nothing happend. Any ideas? Thanks

Later Mike

Old April 23rd 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

"Mike chambers" > wrote in message
Just brought home an 47 Willy's . Runs great needs some brake work .
Not sre if i need a new clutch or linkage. Was driving it around the
yard and after 20 minutes of fun the tranny would not go into gear.
Pushed it back to the garage for the night. The next day i started it up
and the it shifted just fine like nothing happend. Any ideas? Thanks

Later Mike

Umm...
when you get a little older... you tire more easily?
Sorry... I couldn't resist.
Hope you find the cure.

K.
06 Rubi, with some doo-dads on it.

Old April 23rd 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Cool.

I would be thinking linkage or engine or tranny mount allowing something
to shift so it won't.

I also would be checking the gear oil out. They can refuse to shift if
too hot from being dry....

Mike
'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build
Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com

Old April 24th 08, 08:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike chambers

Very funny. I am tired.LOL

Later Mike

Old April 24th 08, 08:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike chambers

Mike thats what i was thinking. The little Jeep was just used around the
guys farm. Hard saying if they even changed the oil. I'll change all the
fluids and then see what happens. And when i'm under there i'll look
over the linkage. Sure looks good sitting next to my 87 . They say Jeep
ownership is like a sickness. You can never have enough of them. Thanks
for the help.

Later Mike

Old April 24th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

"Mike chambers" > wrote in message
Very funny. I am tired.LOL

Later Mike

Yea
*sigh*
me too....

K.

Old April 25th 08, 05:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.\(ßill\)Hughes III

Hi Mike,
CJ2A Operation and Care Manual: http://www.thecj2apage.com/om1.html
Search within: http://www.apple.queensu.ca/CJ3B/
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

Old April 27th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.usenet.kooks
Pink Freud[_7_]

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:51:49 -0700, L.W.(ßill)Hughes III wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> CJ2A Operation and Care Manual: http://www.thecj2apage.com/om1.html
> Search within: http://www.apple.queensu.ca/CJ3B/
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
>
> http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

Damn!

I thought you had died.

Well, you will soon, so there's still hope.

Hope that info is more up-to-date than you are, Jurassic Porky.

Now load up PowerPest1986 and blast some spam.

Not here of course, you're to AFRAID to do that, and not AUK either,
you're TERRIFIED of them.

;^D

> "Mike chambers" > wrote in message
>> Just brought home an 47 Willy's . Runs great needs some brake work .
>> Not sre if i need a new clutch or linkage. Was driving it around the
>> yard and after 20 minutes of fun the tranny would not go into gear.
>> Pushed it back to the garage for the night. The next day i started it up
>> and the it shifted just fine like nothing happend. Any ideas? Thanks
>>
>> Later Mike

"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

-- Army Officer's Guide

Old April 27th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Bob[_25_]

"Mike chambers" > wrote in message
> Just brought home an 47 Willy's . Runs great needs some brake work .
> Not sre if i need a new clutch or linkage. Was driving it around the
> yard and after 20 minutes of fun the tranny would not go into gear.
> Pushed it back to the garage for the night. The next day i started it up
> and the it shifted just fine like nothing happend. Any ideas? Thanks
>
> Later Mike

I would say just change the fluid. You will most likely find water. Change
the transfer case also.

Old April 27th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Clap Trap

BTW, It's "Willys" as in Willys-Overland. Not "Willy's" as in belonging
to a guy named Willy.

46/47 ? Willy's Mike chambers Jeep 27 July 9th 07 06:00 PM
46/47 ? Willy's (Nothing to say of any relevance, just C&P Crap) L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_187_] Auto Photos 0 July 4th 07 03:16 AM
46/47 ? Willy's (Nothing to say of any relevance, just C&P Crap) L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_186_] Auto Photos 0 July 4th 07 03:16 AM
1942 Willy's MB GPW VIDEO [email protected] 4x4 0 December 23rd 06 07:12 PM