Group Map

Old October 29th 05, 07:16 PM
Earle Horton

Default Group Map

I drove a tractor, and worked on them too. There were some trails through
the orchard, that we were paid to drive a Jeep on, or even a two wheel drive
pickup overloaded with tools, that most of you guys would want lockers for.
We had free fire wood, but we had to go get it. One time we drove a tractor
up a steep trail, to get at a disabled crawler. After I fixed the crawler,
we decided that the tractor couldn't make it down the steep, wet hill by
itself. We decided on the other guy driving the tractor down the hill,
while I followed in the crawler, hooked to him by a tow chain. Now, I might
consider paying the orchard owner to let me do that kind of stuff for a
month or two next summer. Funny how things change, as you get old, the
lights go dim, it gets harder to hear things...

Earle

Old October 29th 05, 08:01 PM
Stupendous Man

>. Now, I might
> consider paying the orchard owner to let me do that kind of stuff for a
> month or two next summer. Funny how things change,

There are things in life that took for granted, things we only learn to
appreciate as we get older, like being spanked by a middle-aged woman.
Sorry, this thread seems to be bringing out some interesting thoughts. I
better go see what my wife is doing.
--
Stupendous Man,

Old October 29th 05, 10:57 PM
Billy Ray

I thought it was because, in my case, I wanted to hear and see less.

Old October 30th 05, 03:28 PM
KJ.Kate

Oh SURE!
Run off and forget to turn the video cam on......

sheesh

KJK

"Stupendous Man" > wrote in message
:
: >. Now, I might
: > consider paying the orchard owner to let me do that kind of stuff for a
: > month or two next summer. Funny how things change,
:
: There are things in life that took for granted, things we only learn to
: appreciate as we get older, like being spanked by a middle-aged woman.
: Sorry, this thread seems to be bringing out some interesting thoughts. I
: better go see what my wife is doing.
: --
: Stupendous Man,
: Defender of Freedom, Advocate of Liberty
:
:

Old November 8th 05, 03:03 PM
cantrelm

I'm in too!!
Tom
00 TJ

"KJ.Kate" > wrote in message
> In one of the groups that I read, someone posted a link to a group map.
>
> In their case they were talking about locating parts or moving them or

some
> such thing, but I think it would be kind of neat just to see where folks
> here are from.
>
> I took the giant leap, started one for this group and even was the first

one

FAQ for this newsgroup Dima BMW 5 May 11th 05 10:19 PM
Well it looks like Mitch is trying to ruin this group like he didthe flight sim group artie beamer Simulators 14 April 3rd 05 12:00 AM
Roadmate 700 Auto Navigation Discussion Group Tobee General 3 January 31st 05 06:09 PM
Chrysler group set to kill off its Dodge Stratus and Chrysler Sebringcoupes MoPar Man Chrysler 54 January 3rd 05 04:21 PM