what exactly happened here?

Old April 27th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default what exactly happened here?

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> John Belushi?

A good comedian, but I prefered Sam Kinison -- nothing was sacrosanct, he
believe in insulting *everyone*...

"I don't worry about terrorism. I was married for two years."

"You see this stuff here? This is sand. You know what it's going to be 100
years from now? It's gonna be SAND!! Nothing grows in this ****! You live
in a ****ing desert."

Old April 27th 06, 07:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Further Off Topic: what exactly happened here?

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> It was sad, he died in a freak accident, coming to a complete stop
> tying to avoid a drunk coming across to get him, according to his new
> bride. I liked him, too.

Yep, sometimes it just doesn't pay to get out of bed in the morning...

http://www.billhughes.com/ftheword.wav

ROTFLMAO...

Old April 27th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

It was sad, he died in a freak accident, coming to a complete stop
tying to avoid a drunk coming across to get him, according to his new
bride. I liked him, too. http://www.billhughes.com/ftheword.wav
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old April 27th 06, 09:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Kate" (please ask)> wrote in
:

> "JD Adams" > wrote
>
>:
>: Bill is admittedly controversial. But there is more admiration than
>: scorn; he has much knowledge that he is always willing to share, and
>: he has experience that few understand. And I admire his restraint.
>: It has been said that the greatest quality a leader can demonstrate
>: is the ability to ignore hatred. This is here for all to see.
>
> I'm not fesharing your opinion here JD.
> People can lose admiration and respect for someone, no matter what
> their knowledge base is, if they consistantly go out and bring trouble
> home with them. A lot of Bill's knowledge can be gained from other
> sources easily enough without all of the hooey that is going along
> with it lately.
>
> In this case, Bill made some waves in another group, or groups and
> then rather than quash it, he encouraged it to escalate and now it has
> landed here because he is so hammerheaded he will not let it go.
>
> I say he needs to stop it.
> I don't admire him for this sort of thing.
>
> The folks in here giving him ego strokes for his actions are not
> helping much either. I think Bill **** in his own mess kit.
>

>: I don't mind trolls being miserable by themself. But if they insist
>: on spreading their anger publically, it is wise to follow Bill's
>: example.
>
> They wouldn't have been angry if Bill would have stopped poking
> through the bars with a stick.

From the looks of reading into this thread some more, it appears my
assesment of the *poking* was instigated by this "Bill" individual?
I'm all for some well deserved prods but this is causing havoc across
many, many newsgroups. Once you tease a bear, or hoard of bears, don't
expect it/them to stop at your newsgroup door.

Off for some more "ahem" reading....

--
SneakyP
To reply: newsgroup only, what's posted in ng stays in ng.

Some choose to swim in the potty bowl of nan-ae rather than flush it
down :0)
Old April 27th 06, 10:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

In article >,
Grumman-581 > wrote:
#"Jeepers" > wrote in message
#> Austin, otherwise known as the "Third Coast"
#> Liberal Texas
#
#Yep, Austin is definitely the most liberal place in Texas, but it's still
#probably more conservative than *any* place in Kalifornia...

I would have to disagree. I think that the majority of the counties
in CA are not all that liberal. Note that I did not say the majority
of the population in CA, just the majority of the counties. I think
that Los Angeles county, the San Francisco Bay Area counties, and
Sacramento county pretty much dominate the rest of the state into
submission with their burgeoning populations which are very liberal
and very well organized.

People in the north counties openly want to split off into another
state (Jefferson). They have been pushing for this since before
WW2.

The not-so-liberal areas also have some of the better places open for
jeeping. It seems to me that the really liberal areas don't like off-
road driving and if they have any areas that would be suitable for
jeeping, they close them off or severly limit access. For example, in
the arguably liberal San Francisco Bay Area is Coe Park, which only
allows 4x4s in once a year, while the relatively more conservative
Ukiah area has the huge Cow Mountain OHV recreation area next to it
which is only closed when it's too muddy and for controled burns.

A interesting series of maps is he
http://www.princeton.edu/~rvdb/JAVA/election2004/
If you look at the area for Austin, TX, and the blue areas to the south,
they are a lot bluer than most of the counties in CA.
Keep in mind that this is only mapping the 2004 election and is not a
perfect indicator of conservative vs. liberal, but you can get a general
feeling of who lives where. A better example of a few counties pushing
the others around is Oregon: Portland alone pretty much sent the state
to Kerry.

/herb
Old April 27th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"...we've got sand too.....but we don't EAT it!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

tw
2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.

Old April 29th 06, 08:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 00:42:36 -0700, L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

> It's not quit that bad, while they may not be able to stop the
> cowards from posting to a news group, (which I have pleading to my
> server for that) most have have written personal like letters detailing
> how to block the cowards from mailing my home addresses, and how to stop
> them from forging my name to posts.
> A couple of examples:

<snip boilerplate>

Wow. What a victory.

But you have taken care of yourself -- in a psychotic kind of way. No
thought of anyone else, just Bill.

"Bill Kill" would be the shortest film ever made.

From: metacolo Anonymizing Remailer > 4/17/06
2:13 PM
Subject: [Fwd: Billy goat ****er]
To: "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" >

Thank you for contacting the Abuse Complaint Administrator
of the metacolo Anonymizing Remailer.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have
experienced as a result of inappropriate use of this system by a
particular individual.

The purpose of this anonymous remailer is to permit individuals
including crime victims, domestic violence victims, persons in recovery,
and others, such as those living under oppressive regimes, to
communicate confidentially in a manner that ensures their privacy under
even the most adverse conditions. Unfortunately, there will always be a
very small percentage of individuals that choose to abuse the anonymity
that this and similar systems worldwide afford to insult, harass, or
send otherwise unwelcome email.

The operator of this remailer does not condone such messages, or their
content, in any way.

Just as the Post Office is unable to prevent abuse of the mail system as
long as there are public mailboxes into which a person can drop a letter
without including a return address, this remailer cannot preemptively
prevent irresponsible individuals from using this system to send
inappropriate messages. However, unlike the Post Office, this remailer
enables you to assure that you will not be inconvenienced by users of
this remailer in the future.

How to block your email address from receiving email from the
metacolo Anonymizing Remailer:

To block the users of this remailer from sending email to your address,
please send a message to >
containing the line

destination-block

anywhere in the body text of the email. You can simply reply to this
message using your email program and send back this entire message for
your current email address to be permanently blocked from users of the
metacolo Anonymizing Remailer.

If you wish to block additional email addresses that you may use from
receiving email though this remailer, please reply to this email with a
line similar to

DESTINATION-BLOCK

You must include one such line per email address that you wish to block.
You can include more than one line in your reply.

How to block an entire domain from receiving email from the
metacolo Anonymizing Remailer:

If you are the legitimate root administrator or postmaster of a domain,
you may request that all email addresses served by you domain are
blocked from receiving email from this remailer . To place this block,
please send the following line as "root" or "postmaster" to
> in the body text of your email:

DESTINATION-BLOCK @domain_to_be_blocked.com

Note that there are similar remailer systems in operation on the
Internet that not affiliated with the metacolo Anonymizing Remailer.

Since the administrator of this remailer has no influence on those other
systems and is likely to be unaware of many of these other systems, a
destination block that you may choose to request by replying to this
email is only effective for the metacolo Anonymizing Remailer,
not for similar systems that may exist on the Internet.

Many, but not all, remailers subscribe to the Remailer Abuse Block list
(RAB). You can block your email address from receiving email from all
remailers subscribed to this block list by visiting

http://www.paracrypt.com/remailerabuse/

Should you receive unwanted email from other remailers after requesting
to be place on the RAB, please contact the abuse administrator for the
respective remailer.

How to obtain the name of the sender of an email that you received
though this remailer:

This remailer uses the Mixmaster anonymous remailer software. The
Mixmaster software has been carefully designed to withstand attack by
even the most severe regimes in which torture is a common means of
inquiry and basic human rights are nonexistent. As such, it is
impossible to determine the original sender of an email that has passed
through this system.

The administrator of this system is technically unable to determine the
original sender of a message that has passed through this remailer, no
matter how much the administrator may desire to do so, even if the
administrator were ordered to do so by legal or extra-legal means. We
regret any inconvenience this necessary safety protection may cause to
some recipients of undesired emails.

Remember: you can prevent future unwanted emails sent to you via this
remailer by simply replying to this message.

Sincerely,

-- The metacolo Anonymizing Remailer Administrator

From: Thrasher_Admin > 4/16/06 10:10 PM
Subject: Re[2]: request a source block.
To: "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" >

Dear Mr Hughes,

Monday, April 17, 2006, 11:58:52 AM, you wrote:

> Thank you.

No problem. Both source blocks and destination blocks are in place for
both accounts. You won't get the auto-response from the remailer
because I added the destination blocks manually before they were
processed.

--
Regards,
Thrasher Admin

--
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 29th 06, 09:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.drag-racing,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 01:59:35 -0700, L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

> It's just a step, on the way to closing 24.86.24.251.
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

And that will affect me how, Power Puff?

And you should be cautious; if you block all these people there won't be
anyone left who'll talk with you......

Old April 29th 06, 01:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.drag-racing,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

It's just a step, on the way to closing 24.86.24.251.
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

that the way they do top 40 countdowns on his planet........>:-{)