RIM SIZE FOR 2006 WRANGLER X

Old August 31st 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Default RIM SIZE FOR 2006 WRANGLER X

twaldron wrote:
> Bill Spiliotopoulos wrote:
>> My TJ came new without the rear anti-sway bar installed.
>> As they come from the factory, the shocks are what prevents the
>> springs from getting un-seated. If you remove the shocks, the axles
>> drop much more and the springs almost fall out. The only other thing
>> that limits the axle from dropping all the way down, is the track-bar
>> in combination with the upper/lower arms.

> I think you're exaggerating the effect here. If you remove the shocks,
> the springs will not fall out, not a chance. Now if you remove them and
> hyper compress one side of the axle you _might_ possibly be able to
> remove the opposite spring with some concerted effort. A lot of people
> use a spring compressor at that point.
>
> tw

Naw, jack up one side only and the rear suckers fall out. You need to
compress the front ones on one side to get the droop to 'pull' out a
spring, but no compressor is needed for either. I helped with a spacer
install a bit ago.

The Jeep isn't street legal without the anti-sway bars in most places.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
Old August 31st 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Bill Spiliotopoulos

Well, to literlly fall out, you first have to remove the bump stops,
otherwise the spring will seat again in it's place when the suspension sits.
Yes, you don't need a spring compressor to remove the springs. If you remove
the shocks and disconnect the sway bar, the axle drops enough in each side
to remove the springs without a compressor. You can even install taller
springs of much higher lifts whitout a spring compressor if you disconnect
the track bar.

The key about the shocks limiting suspension travel in expansion is that -
if correctly set - the spring is completely or almost completely unloaded
when the suspension is fully extented in that side. So no damage is done to
the shock. Of course, if the suspension movement was limited by the shocks
in the half of the travel, then the shocks would be busted in no time.

Bill Spiliotopoulos,
'96 XJ,
'06 TJ.

? "Mike Romain" > ?????? ??? ??????
g.com...

Old August 31st 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
twaldron[_5_]

I'll buy that description. Listen, I'm just glad to be able to have a
decent discussion with someone on the NG. With all the crap, it's been a
LONG time.

tw

Old September 1st 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

"Bill Spiliotopoulos" > wrote in message
> My TJ came new without the rear anti-sway bar installed.

I'd take it to your dealer and double-check that it was not supposed to have
one, no rear anti-sway bar can be dangerous on the TJ in certain
situations.

2006 Wrangler rims fit 94 wrangler?? Anyone have answer? Jeeeprs Jeep 1 May 18th 07 03:37 AM
Noisy new 2006 Wrangler TJ Tracie Jeep 3 February 21st 07 04:16 PM
Tire size for lifted 2002 Jeep Wrangler Wilson Holmes Jeep 6 April 14th 06 09:06 PM
Need Full Size Doors '97 Wrangler TJ jeepers kreepers! Jeep 10 April 2nd 06 04:48 AM
2006 Wrangler changes???? Robert Jeep 8 April 4th 05 05:54 PM