Oops

Old May 5th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Oops

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
> "RJ" > wrote in message
>
>>You can possibly get a bum truck from anybody, but you are virtually
>>guaranteed a junker from UHaul.

> and ryder. http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9893/tow4or.jpg first of a
> half dozen or so breakdowns with the ryder.

Ryder no longer exists as a retail truck rental operation (I think that
their OTR truck leasing arm "Ryder Logicstics" still exists but I didn't
bother to look it up).

Ryder sold their truck rental arm to Budget in 1996 along with a lease
on the trademarks, Budget operated the "Yellow Truck" business as "Ryder
TRS". In March of 2002 Ryder filed suit against Budget over the use of
the trademarks. In July of 2002 Budget filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
protection and in January of 2003 began pulling the Ryder name off its
trucks and phasing out the yellow boxes.*

In 1995 I wondered what would happen to Ryder and their heavily
advertized yellow trucks, now I know.

*<URL:http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0OQD/is_11_5/ai_100543103>
Old May 5th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

According to the Ryder web site, they only do business and local rentals any
more.

Earle

news

Old May 5th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"RJ" > wrote
> Why anybody would rent a UHaul for a big move mystifies me.

LOL! One of my fond memories happened driving through a blizzard in Wisconsin.
Me and my FWD plus a few 18-wheelers were the only ones still on the road.
Suddenly out of the driving snow emerged a U-Haul truck with a car in tow, the
driver white knuckled at the wheel and his passenger obviously terrified. Across
the side of the truck was painted "An adventure in moving". I'll bet it was an
adventure the poor couple never forget! I still hope they got wherever they were
going safely.

Old May 7th 06, 09:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

LPG conversion probably. That's how I run the Wagoneer.
Dave Milne

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
om...
> I saw an Excursion in Vitoria, Spain. I couldn't believe it, what with

the

Old May 7th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

LPG is cheaper in Europe? Here it is quite a bit cheaper than petrol, $1.80
versus $2.80 a gallon, but no one knows how long this situation will last.
The petrol price includes road use taxes too. It could have been a diesel,
but I was so surprised to see it, that I didn't look.

Earle

. uk...

2003 Rubicon Wild Bill Jeep 8 December 26th 05 02:18 AM
Oops...! Daniel J. Stern Driving 20 November 28th 05 03:04 PM
Thought my Rubicon could fly - oops swbell Jeep 35 July 7th 05 12:02 PM
oops Steph Honda 0 January 10th 05 04:11 PM
Oops, 155 needs new mirror for drivers side (RHD) SteveH Alfa Romeo 0 July 21st 04 11:10 PM