Oops

Old April 29th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Oops

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> Earle Horton wrote:
>>

>> I believe that this clip addresses the automatic transmission question.
>>
>> > The automatic transmission offered no engine braking,
>> > and the truck constantly tried to run away coming
>> > down the grades.

> Sure sound to me like someone that had no clue how to drive an
> automatic.

lol! oh yes, once again mike knows more about what happens from behind his
computer screen. you and earle are quite the pair! :-)

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

Old April 29th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Nathan W. Collier" wrote:

> "Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> > Earle Horton wrote:
> >>

> >> I believe that this clip addresses the automatic transmission question.

> > Sure sound to me like someone that had no clue how to drive an
> > automatic.

> lol! oh yes, once again mike knows more about what happens from behind his
> computer screen. you and earle are quite the pair! :-)

You are too much man....

If you are smokin' out the freakin' brakes, you are in the wrong gear!

That works for 'both' an automatic and a standard.

If you hit the hill at 90 and now can't downshift without exploding
something, you are a freakin' idiot.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Old April 29th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> If you are smokin' out the freakin' brakes, you are in the wrong gear!
>
> That works for 'both' an automatic and a standard.
>
> If you hit the hill at 90 and now can't downshift without exploding
> something, you are a freakin' idiot.

you are one ignorant **** mike....sitting behind your computer trying to
give advice on yet another topic where you are painfully clueless. when
youre already in 1st. gear and the vehicle is overpowering both the tranny
and the brakes there isnt much more you can do but clinch your asshole real
tight and hang on until you reach the bottom of the hill.

Old April 29th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Nathan W. Collier" wrote:

> "Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> > If you are smokin' out the freakin' brakes, you are in the wrong gear!
> >
> > That works for 'both' an automatic and a standard.
> >
> > If you hit the hill at 90 and now can't downshift without exploding
> > something, you are a freakin' idiot.

> you are one ignorant **** mike....sitting behind your computer trying to
> give advice on yet another topic where you are painfully clueless. when
> youre already in 1st. gear and the vehicle is overpowering both the tranny
> and the brakes there isnt much more you can do but clinch your asshole real
> tight and hang on until you reach the bottom of the hill.

I just went and read the post Nathan. Calling you an idiot is doing
real idiots a dis-service.

Only one thing I can say. Have you read the Darwin Awards page?

Mike.
Old April 29th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

IIRC Nathan, it wasn't a situation where you told the wife, "We're moving to
Montana because I say so...."

Did you ever actually tell your wife you bought the Vette, or does she still
think you were only thinking about buying it? Is ts still in your brother's
barn?

Old April 29th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

IIRC Nathan, it wasn't a situation where you told the wife, "We're moving to
Montana because I say so...."

Did you ever actually tell your wife you bought the Vette, or does she still
think you were only thinking about buying it? Is it still in your brother's

Old April 29th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
. ..
> IIRC Nathan, it wasn't a situation where you told the wife, "We're moving
> Montana because I say so...."

whats the point?

> Did you ever actually tell your wife you bought the Vette, or does she
> still
> think you were only thinking about buying it? Is it still in your
> brother's
> barn?

nah, brought it home, had fun with it, then sold it for a lot more than i
paid for it. whats your point? you arent really trying to compare hiding a
purchase from the wifey for a little while with crying about how the wifey
is making you sell your jeep, are you?

Old April 29th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> "Nathan W. Collier" wrote:
>>
>> "Mike Romain" > wrote in message
>> > If you are smokin' out the freakin' brakes, you are in the wrong gear!
>> >
>> > That works for 'both' an automatic and a standard.
>> >
>> > If you hit the hill at 90 and now can't downshift without exploding
>> > something, you are a freakin' idiot.

>> you are one ignorant **** mike....sitting behind your computer trying to
>> give advice on yet another topic where you are painfully clueless. when
>> youre already in 1st. gear and the vehicle is overpowering both the
>> tranny
>> and the brakes there isnt much more you can do but clinch your asshole
>> real
>> tight and hang on until you reach the bottom of the hill.
>>

> I just went and read the post Nathan. Calling you an idiot is doing
> real idiots a dis-service.
>
> Only one thing I can say. Have you read the Darwin Awards page?

lol.....more loose and empty bull**** from mike. you couldnt respond to my
already being in 1st. gear because that shows you to be the FOOL, so instead
you just throw loose insults in a rather pitiful attempt at proving
something. for someone who loves to post the group charter and give others
**** for off topic postings you sure are a HYPOCRITE.

Old April 29th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
> "Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> IIRC Nathan, it wasn't a situation where you told the wife, "We're moving
>> Montana because I say so...."

> whats the point?

That you sometimes do you wife's bidding, no matter what.

>> Did you ever actually tell your wife you bought the Vette, or does she
>> still
>> think you were only thinking about buying it? Is it still in your
>> brother's
>> barn?

> nah, brought it home, had fun with it, then sold it for a lot more than i
> paid for it. whats your point? you arent really trying to compare hiding
> a purchase from the wifey for a little while with crying about how the
> wifey is making you sell your jeep, are you?

I have a lot more respect for my wife then, I wouldn't buy a car and then
lie to her about it.

I'm not selling my TJ, you missed the inflection of the post.

Old April 29th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
. ..
> That you sometimes do you wife's bidding, no matter what.

certainly, as would anyone. its isnt the same thing as letting someone
dictate what youre "allowed" to own.

> I have a lot more respect for my wife then, I wouldn't buy a car and then
> lie to her about it.

lol.....i know.....from the sounds of it you would wait until you got her
permission. :-)

> I'm not selling my TJ, you missed the inflection of the post.

and you missed the spirit of mine.

2003 Rubicon Wild Bill Jeep 8 December 26th 05 02:18 AM
Oops...! Daniel J. Stern Driving 20 November 28th 05 03:04 PM
Thought my Rubicon could fly - oops swbell Jeep 35 July 7th 05 12:02 PM
oops Steph Honda 0 January 10th 05 04:11 PM
Oops, 155 needs new mirror for drivers side (RHD) SteveH Alfa Romeo 0 July 21st 04 11:10 PM