Salvage title

Old April 25th 08, 11:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tikbalang[_2_]

Default Salvage title

Here in Florida we have the "salvage title".
I'm sure there is the same concept in other states.
Question is -
I just want to buy the newest Corvette with the lowest mileage that I
can afford. I intend to drive it and enjoy it. So why not a salvage
title?
Pros? Cons?
Let me clarify that the cars I have checked out have certainly been
restored/rebuilt to a high quality.
Anyone have any experience along this line?
Old April 26th 08, 02:18 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

If you plan to keep it forever, no problem.

Old April 26th 08, 06:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Salvage title means it has been totaled by an insurance company in the past.
If you care about resale value then pass it up. At resale time, unless you
have a very special car, buyers can choose amonst many cars. They will
surely pass up one with a salvage title if they can get another similar car
with a 'clean' title

Vito

Old April 27th 08, 05:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jon[_6_]

Tikbalang wrote:

> Here in Florida we have the "salvage title".
> I'm sure there is the same concept in other states.
> Question is -
> I just want to buy the newest Corvette with the lowest mileage that I
> can afford. I intend to drive it and enjoy it. So why not a salvage
> title?
> Pros? Cons?
> Let me clarify that the cars I have checked out have certainly been
> restored/rebuilt to a high quality.
> Anyone have any experience along this line?

The main problem is that the car could have some major hidden problems
like a bent frame.
Old April 27th 08, 06:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
darden25

If you plan on keeping it to the grave, no problem.

All DMV's now report salvage titles to ALVIN. CARFAX most likely has it
documented as they subscribe to ALVIN.

There are a few states that will not accept a request for registration or
title on a salvage vehicle.

Old April 30th 08, 05:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tikbalang[_2_]

Thanks for the comments.
The main thing is that this car would be checked out thoroughly before
purchase so there are no mechanical "surprises". Then it would be
drive, drive, drive, with no regard to the amount of miles I put on
it. Then when it wears out I could always part it out. I don't think I
could get screwed doing that.
Does that sound like a plan?

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:25:37 -0400, Tikbalang

Old May 1st 08, 03:20 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

That would qualify as "keep it forever" in my book.

Tikbalang wrote:
> Thanks for the comments.
> The main thing is that this car would be checked out thoroughly before
> purchase so there are no mechanical "surprises". Then it would be
> drive, drive, drive, with no regard to the amount of miles I put on
> it. Then when it wears out I could always part it out. I don't think I
> could get screwed doing that.
> Does that sound like a plan?
>
> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:25:37 -0400, Tikbalang
> > wrote:
>
>> Here in Florida we have the "salvage title".
>> I'm sure there is the same concept in other states.
>> Question is -
>> I just want to buy the newest Corvette with the lowest mileage that I
>> can afford. I intend to drive it and enjoy it. So why not a salvage
>> title?
>> Pros? Cons?
>> Let me clarify that the cars I have checked out have certainly been
>> restored/rebuilt to a high quality.
>> Anyone have any experience along this line?

Buying a salvage title car usenet-news.net Technology 5 March 26th 06 11:06 PM
1991 Civic Salvage Title TeGGeR® Honda 5 October 6th 05 02:58 AM
Mustang with "salvage" title: Impact on value, sale-ability? [email protected] Ford Mustang 5 July 27th 05 03:19 PM
Buying Advice - '99 Integra, Salvage Title Deeg Honda 20 February 6th 05 06:41 AM
1995 Honda Passport -- Salvage Title Question ajpdla Honda 5 December 22nd 04 05:16 AM