1988 BMW 735i

Old November 27th 18, 03:44 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Scott Dorsey

Default 1988 BMW 735i

> wrote:
>I'm actually wanting to sale my 88 735I BMW. It needs a head gasket possibl=
>y. It just ran hot and I parked it cuz I had to buy a larger vehicle anyway=
>. I don't want a lot for it either although I've spent 1500$ on new parts a=
>nd garage repair. Engine is super clean and well maintenance when I was dri=
>ving it. I love this car. It drove perfectly and ran smooth as a beautiful =
>dream. Contact me if u want more details. Email me at =
>om. my name is Shawna.

What you didn't say, and what is one of the most important things, is where
you're located.

These cars are kind of notorious for electrical issues, and if they have
been kept in California they're apt to be a lot more reliable than if they
were kept in Massachusetts. But this is actually one of the more reliable
older 7-series cars, with an inline six instead of some of the crazier BMW
engines that went into later 7s. Like pretty much all BMWs, though, running
the engine hot is apt to have done some real damage.

Does it have an automatic or a manual transmission? Not a lot of these
were made with manuals and there is demand for manuals.

I'd find your local BMWCCA chapter and send them an email to put an ad in
their newsletter for it. You're selling it as-is so don't expect a lot of
money, but you can get it a good home with someone who will take care of it.
--scott

1988 BMW 735i [email protected] BMW 0 November 25th 18 02:05 AM
1988 735i R. Mark Clayton BMW 0 July 19th 07 07:38 PM
Parting out a "e32" 1988 735i :\ BMW 1 February 14th 05 03:11 AM
Opinions of the 1988 735i ---Should I buy one?? Mark J. Amero BMW 7 November 20th 04 09:47 PM
1988 735i vs current 5 himes BMW 0 November 15th 04 09:56 PM