Ford OEM Keychain

Old December 27th 04, 12:29 AM
John Riggs

Well, it would appear you are doing just that. Now, if you have a lard
ass and can't get a bike with 84 horses to go that fast, sounds like a
personal problem. I had a bike half that size and it was doing well over
120...you do the math.

Regardless, I'm done listening to ya.

Old December 27th 04, 01:20 AM
Jim Warman

OK, lads.... out of the sandbox for 10 minutes...... party's gettin' rough
(at Xmas, yet, with the peace and goodwill stuff....).

I would have loved, dearly, to get a SoftTail Springer...... I wasn't about
to try and push "Mrs. Claus" quite that hard. My 03 Sporty cost less new
(with some toys.... forward controls, P-pad, sissy bar and some other little
stuff) than an Intruder. And the Intruder has a smaller motor, a battery
that's near impossible to get at (I have a friend with one) and just doesn't
have that "mystique" that HD possesses. I guess it's whatever floats yer
boat but for my money all that glossy black and shiny silver in a lowish
slung V twin is drop dead gorgeous. (Puffing his chest out) People will walk
past those Tuperware clad crotch rockets with nary a glance and offer up
compliments that gush bad enough to embarrass me.

Due to weather and work constraints, I only managed a little under 4000 km
with one short highway trip last year. Even though I'm in the throws of a 3
year home reno project, I plan on fixing that in the summer to come. If I
can wear this one out, at least I have a trade in that a Harley dealer will
accept and there's always the chance that a Springer will be perched in my
driveway.

Old December 27th 04, 04:08 AM
HarleyVA

"John Riggs" > :

> Well, it would appear you are doing just that. Now, if you have a lard
>ass and can't get a bike with 84 horses to go that fast, sounds like a
>personal problem. I had a bike half that size and it was doing well over
>120...you do the math.
>
> Regardless, I'm done listening to ya.

well buddy, *you* do the math. The difference in hp to go from 120
to 160 is *huge*.

I'm not the one with a personal problem. If you think a CB900's top
speed is 160, show me *anywhere* that shows that besides your
imagination. BTW, the speedo doesn't even register 160 on a
900, how did you even know it was going that fast?

.. .

Old December 27th 04, 04:28 AM
John Riggs

Mrs. Mechanic got you a Harley for Christmas? Outstanding! They do look
nice, and yes, they do hold their value. I like the old style of the
Harleys, and it's hard to argue with all that bottom end torque, but I'd
like to get my hands on the V-Rod and see how it stacks up. Like you, I
don't care for all the plastic on the sport bikes....just looks wrong, and
there's not a lot you can do with plastic....it's just there
The sad part of the one I have is that unless I restore it, it isn't worth
much, and if I do, it's worth a little less than it sold for new. I always
thought they should be lower and longer, but that's a bit of personal taste.
The challenge of being a po' boy is ya have to learn how to get by without
spending a lot of money, so I try to keep my toys within my non-existent
budget. Everything has to be minimalist, leaving off what isn't absolutely
necessary. Every 10 pounds on a bike is approx to 100 pounds on a car....it
adds up quick if you aren't watching what you're doing. Maybe when the new
year gets kicked off and biz picks up I can put a few more bucks in it to
make it how I'd like, starting with the bore, new pistons and rebalance, and
bigger carbs....but that's just another wish list if biz don't pick up soon.
My buddy has been hammering me to make him a frame so he can park an S&S
engine or something similar in it. Not that I can't, but without a jig, it's
not as easy as it sounds. It's easier to buy one or get a used frame from
salvage and rework it the way he wants. I am not a big fan of hard
tails....they are kidney killers, but they look nice if you are just
wrenching for show.
Well, your instructions worked. The cruise is back online and working
fit an proper. Thanks

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
| OK, lads.... out of the sandbox for 10 minutes...... party's gettin' rough
| (at Xmas, yet, with the peace and goodwill stuff....).
|
| I would have loved, dearly, to get a SoftTail Springer...... I wasn't
about
| to try and push "Mrs. Claus" quite that hard. My 03 Sporty cost less new
| (with some toys.... forward controls, P-pad, sissy bar and some other
little
| stuff) than an Intruder. And the Intruder has a smaller motor, a battery
| that's near impossible to get at (I have a friend with one) and just
doesn't
| have that "mystique" that HD possesses. I guess it's whatever floats yer
| boat but for my money all that glossy black and shiny silver in a lowish
| slung V twin is drop dead gorgeous. (Puffing his chest out) People will
walk
| past those Tuperware clad crotch rockets with nary a glance and offer up
| compliments that gush bad enough to embarrass me.
|
| Due to weather and work constraints, I only managed a little under 4000 km
| with one short highway trip last year. Even though I'm in the throws of a
3
| year home reno project, I plan on fixing that in the summer to come. If I
| can wear this one out, at least I have a trade in that a Harley dealer
will
| accept and there's always the chance that a Springer will be perched in my
| driveway.
|

| "John Riggs" > wrote in message
| > Well, it would appear you are doing just that. Now, if you have a
lard
| > ass and can't get a bike with 84 horses to go that fast, sounds like a
| > personal problem. I had a bike half that size and it was doing well over
| > 120...you do the math.
| >
| > Regardless, I'm done listening to ya.

Be Grateful for DCX. At Least They Aren't FORD! Ted Jeep 32 December 23rd 04 03:48 AM
Mitchell on demand 2004 - 2003, Alldata CD SETs, BMW ETC, General Motors, Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Mercedes Truck, Mini E, Porsche, Saab, Volkswagen, Volvo, AUDI, Jaguar, Land Rover, CHRYSLER DODGE, Peugeot and Renault, Acura Isuzu, Kia, Mitsubishi, Niss vvcd VW water cooled 0 September 19th 04 11:35 PM
Ford Coil Packs Bubba 4x4 2 April 21st 04 05:36 PM
Do they still offer Ford Cougar in North America aniram General 7 April 19th 04 02:24 PM