Though Jeep, Libty is 100% girl car

Old October 25th 05, 11:52 PM
Lon

Default Though Jeep, Libty is 100% girl car

KJ.Kate proclaimed:

> "B a r r y" > wrote in message
> : KJ.Kate wrote:
> : >
> : > Yea, but the rest of us had fun with it
> : >
> :
> : In my area, the Lib is a.k.a. the 4WD Jetta, due to the typical owner's
> : driving habits.
>
> Well, I feel the same way about mini vans, soccer moms in huge SUVs wh cant
> drive worth a **** and people yapping on their cell phones.
> It's the driver, not the rig.

On behalf of drivers everywhere, perhaps you could refrain from
calling the eenie-meenie-miney-mo-Van drivers, cell phone drunks,
lane drifters, sleeping leftlane roadblocks, etc. etc. "drivers".
Thanks.

Old October 26th 05, 12:07 AM
Billy Ray

Me a liberal?
Thanks, I needed the laugh.

At the bottom of that linked page select the album titled something like
"interesting pix" as slide show them.

The interesting thing about the voting by county red/blue map is with the
exception of a few demoncratic cities the whole country voted for President
Bush.

My political affiliation is, and always has been, Independent. My
philosophy is that I vote for the guy that is going to screw things up the
least.

That being said when I went to vote in a 'primary" election a few years the
Demoncratic little-old-lady (who was more spry) jumped up and asked if I
wanted a Demoncratic ballot. I replied "No, ma'am, I'm an American."

--
(remove SPAM)
2002 Jeep WJ 4 Liter Automatic

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...2309395&idx=33

Old October 26th 05, 12:12 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
> diesels tend to have better MPG's

i own two really big diesels
http://inlinediesel.com/trucks/3gen/1/index.html each is capable of 20mpg if
driven sensibly. towing 10,000 pounds in the mountains at 80 mph i can get
15 in either.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com

Old October 26th 05, 12:13 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"KJ.Kate" > wrote in message
> 7.3 turbostroke diesel

damn girl, you missed it on both accounts. you almost got a jeep, and you
almost got a diesel. ;-)

........sent with love! :-)

Old October 26th 05, 12:21 AM
Billy Ray

The Grand Cherokee built in Austria (called the WG) comes with a Mercedes
diesel engine. That engine is available everywhere but North America.

--
(remove SPAM)
2002 Jeep WJ 4 Liter Automatic
Sharing is why we are all here....... or should be.
..
"Bret Ludwig" > wrote in message
ups.com...

http://www.billhughes.com/smog.jpg which is of course a lot older than
> your pickup. Some how I have this feeling your husband would not have
> allowed to buy the diesel Libby, reason would have ruled out.

My stepmother still drives the '64 Benz 220SE backfitted with the
300TD engine and trans her father built up for her. He died almost
twenty years ago and she is no mechanic. She takes it in for regular
maintenance (a local independent garage, since the dealer calls it "a
*******mobile" and won't touch it,he's a dick , no loss) and it has
over 200K miles (not km) since he built it up. He redid the engine and
trans which had at least a hundred thousand on them when he got to
them. She is nearly 70 and the vehicle will probably need only a head
service and maybe a trans OH for the rest of her driving life.

It's too bad no one will come up with a way to put these in Jeeps
because they have to be the most dependable and tough car engine ever
built. The transmissions aren't as golden, but you don't want a
slushbox in a offroad vehicle anyway.

Old October 26th 05, 12:24 AM
Billy Ray

Exactly,

--

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 26th 05, 12:39 AM
Matt Macchiarolo

Best I've ever gotten was 13 unloaded. Towing I get about 9-10.

Old October 26th 05, 02:09 AM
KJ.Kate

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
: My diesels got about six.

Woah! At that, no wonder you hate them.

Old October 26th 05, 02:18 AM
KJ.Kate

"Bret Ludwig" > wrote in message
oups.com...
:
: KJ.Kate wrote:
: > And sooooooooo
: > just what in the hell is WRONG with a "Chick" version of the Jeep?
: > Huh?
: > Chicks like cars, chicks like all different kinds of cars
: > Maybe we LIKE having a vehicle that the guys don't want to share with
us!
: > MAYBE we already have a "workhorse" (for instance, mine is an F250 4x4,
: > turbo diesel, long bed, supercab pick-em-up truck) and we want something
FUN
: > but not a bare roots rock crawler.
:
:
: Nothing, nothing at all...for chicks.
:
: I mean, men and women, are different. I say, "vive le difference!"
:

Me too! I am really glad that they're different! men are so much more fun to
play with than women are!

: From '30s Figoni et Falaschi bodied Delages and Delahayes to the Fiat
: 500, Marilyn Monroe's Chrysler convertible with the square steering
: wheel, to modern Mary Kay pink (a tasteful pink, not the gynecological
: bright one GM offered standard on ghettomobiles) Cadillacs, there have
: always been cars that look right only for women. The Libty is such a
: car.
:
: Conversely, some cars no woman should drive by choice. She will be
: figured a dork, or a dyke, if she does. Look at some of the beaters the
: lesbians in places like Dallas and Denver drive.

Sorry, I don't currently know any dykes, and I suppose I am the resident
dork LOL
BUT, you may have missed it. I have done my stint in CJs, and just wanted
something different this time.

That doesn't mean I won't get another one or something similar, but for now,
I require something a bit more civilized.

KJK
:

Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi in UK Dori A Schmetterling Chrysler 4 June 2nd 05 10:22 PM
What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 06:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 02:22 PM
Chrysler to show Jeep pickup and "FirePower" sports car concepts inDetroit MoPar Man Chrysler 4 December 10th 04 07:45 PM