potential BMW partnership with French car maker

Old March 29th 11, 05:52 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
frischmoutt

Default potential BMW partnership with French car maker

HI,
Did anybody know about the partnership between BMW and a French car maker
(peugeot or citroen) ?
Especially if this ended with a new engine, if so,
what are its main characteristics and
has it been mounted in any bimmer model or simply in French cars ?

TIA & Best regards

Old April 6th 11, 11:35 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
AD[_2_]

On Mar 29, 7:52*pm, "frischmoutt" > wrote:
> HI,
> Did anybody know about the partnership between BMW and a French car maker
> (peugeot or citroen) ?
> Especially if this ended with a new engine, if so,
> * * what are its main characteristics and
> * * has it been mounted in any bimmer model or simply in French cars ?
>
> TIA & Best regards

I do sincerely hope that no part of french engineering will find its
way into any bmw.
Did you possibly mean: "Did anyone know about an upcoming attempt
of french to suck some usable technology out of germans so that
they stop producing total junk?"

Aside from food and patchwork families are french producing any goods
these days?

As far as I'm concerned france had been a 3rd world country for a few
decades now,

It's odd that they still produce some 4 wheel contraptions.
Must've been the influx of jap blood into reno. Have you driven a
radioactive reno lately?
Old April 6th 11, 11:35 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
AD[_2_]

Old April 7th 11, 01:38 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
DAS[_2_]

What extraordinary xenphobic (and ignorant) claptrap.

DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
--
[...]

Old April 7th 11, 02:02 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
R. Mark Clayton

Indeed the French, in particular Citroen, produced the first front wheel
drive cars, first hydro-pneumatic suspension and much else.

OTOH...

Old April 7th 11, 02:02 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
R. Mark Clayton

Old April 8th 11, 10:29 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
frischmoutt

Honestly, I've to admit that French manufacturers have been producing junk
for years. The reason why I turned myself towards german makers: BMW for 30
years and Mercedes last year as a second car, however the latter seems to
produce the classA cars from the same molds as citroen is using and I'm not
fully satisfied of it. But for strange reasons, my wife didn't want to have
two bimmers in the garage and this is another story !
More recently, a friend of mine who is in the process to change his French
car by something better in quality asked me if I had any advise to give him
and if I was aware of such a partnership. He's scared by the HDI engine
issues and he would like to avoid to get into the same pitfalls as before.
Although the new bimmers have not the appeal of the old ones, they still
look more beautiful than ours !

Regards

news: ...