just saw......

Old August 12th 05, 09:23 PM
jim.gm4dhj

> :
> : yes three times...'79 '84 '02...seems to be going down the
> : toilet............you ever been to Scotland in England? ......
>
> No, I have not have the pleasure. I would like to someday though.
>
> I'm about as Irish as you can get without being there, would like to go
> there some day too.
>
> Pretty scarey stuff going on in England right now, it's sad.
>
> Wow, Scotland.. isn't the internet amazing!
> and you have a Mustang ?
>
> Kate

Yup '66 coupe...couple of Mercs and a suzuki bike.....off to Londom tomorrow
for a weeks holiday if BA will take me...hope I make it back...call ya in a
week...Jim

http://www1.blog.co.uk/main/admin/bd....php?uid=26093

Old August 13th 05, 03:27 AM
SVTKate

Safe journey!

"jim.gm4dhj" > wrote in message
:> :
: > : yes three times...'79 '84 '02...seems to be going down the
: > : toilet............you ever been to Scotland in England? ......
: >
: > No, I have not have the pleasure. I would like to someday though.
: >
: > I'm about as Irish as you can get without being there, would like to go
: > there some day too.
: >
: > Pretty scarey stuff going on in England right now, it's sad.
: >
: > Wow, Scotland.. isn't the internet amazing!
: > and you have a Mustang ?
: >
: > Kate
: >
:
: Yup '66 coupe...couple of Mercs and a suzuki bike.....off to Londom
tomorrow
: for a weeks holiday if BA will take me...hope I make it back...call ya in
: week...Jim
:

Old August 20th 05, 08:51 PM
jim.gm4dhj

I'm back...didn't get bown up... but no food on BA....... :~(

Old August 20th 05, 10:00 PM
SVTKate

"jim.gm4dhj" > wrote in message
: I'm back...didn't get bown up... but no food on BA....... :~(
:

Good that you made is safe and sound!
You lost me with this one:
"but no food on BA"

what's the BA ?

Old August 20th 05, 11:19 PM
jim.gm4dhj

"SVTKate" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "jim.gm4dhj" > wrote in message
> : I'm back...didn't get bown up... but no food on BA....... :~(
> :
>
> Good that you made is safe and sound!
> You lost me with this one:
> "but no food on BA"
>
> what's the BA ?

British Airways......strike...no food.....do you watch TV ? .........

Old August 21st 05, 01:35 AM
SVTKate

"jim.gm4dhj" > wrote
: > what's the BA ?
: >
: >
: >
: British Airways......strike...no food.....do you watch TV ? .........

Hell, you have to BUY the food on airplanes here these days.
Or grab something before you board. It's insane.

Yes, I watch TV but try to avoid the news except in the morning I watch the
locals sometimes, usually for the weather.

Why do you ask?

Old August 21st 05, 05:34 AM
Spike

Unless one were planning a trip on BA (is that the same as BOAC?) not
much point in paying attention. American airlines have been having
problems off and on for decades. I'd be more concerned if my flight to
see my daughter on this continent was cancelled/on strike/etc.

As for the food, cardboard is cardboard. I'd just as soon make a stop
at Burger King or McDucks... or if I'm feeling in an evil mood... stop
at Taco Hell and get lots of gassy stuff.... : 0 ) I have flown on a
couple of trans Pacific flights which had excellent fare. Royal Thai,
JAL, Quantas were all quite good. So was SAS in Europe. But times and
contractors do change.

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:19:05 GMT, "jim.gm4dhj"
> wrote:

>"SVTKate" > wrote in message
link.net...

>> "jim.gm4dhj" > wrote in message
>> : I'm back...didn't get bown up... but no food on BA....... :~(
>> :
>>
>> Good that you made is safe and sound!
>> You lost me with this one:
>> "but no food on BA"
>>
>> what's the BA ?
>>

>British Airways......strike...no food.....do you watch TV ? .........

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad what fools these morons be....
Children are obscene but should not be heard
Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!
Old August 21st 05, 01:38 PM
dwight

"Spike" > wrote in message
> Unless one were planning a trip on BA (is that the same as BOAC?) not
> much point in paying attention. American airlines have been having
> problems off and on for decades. I'd be more concerned if my flight to
> see my daughter on this continent was cancelled/on strike/etc.
>
> As for the food, cardboard is cardboard. I'd just as soon make a stop
> at Burger King or McDucks... or if I'm feeling in an evil mood... stop
> at Taco Hell and get lots of gassy stuff.... : 0 ) I have flown on a
> couple of trans Pacific flights which had excellent fare. Royal Thai,
> JAL, Quantas were all quite good. So was SAS in Europe. But times and
> contractors do change.

With all of the flying I've done in the past, I've never boarded an airplane
looking forward to the meal. In fact, I have never eaten airline food.

Just give me coffee. Or that warm brown water that passes for coffee. I'll
eat before or after the flight, but not during. (Usually, I'm glued to the
window anyway, enjoying the view.)

Of course, I've never been on a flight longer than six hours, no
transatlantic stuff. For that, I'd probably pack a Snickers bar.

dwight

Old August 21st 05, 06:10 PM
jim.gm4dhj

er the flight, but not during. (Usually, I'm glued to the
> window anyway, enjoying the view.)
>
> Of course, I've never been on a flight longer than six hours, no
> transatlantic stuff. For that, I'd probably pack a Snickers bar.
>
> dwight

Seeing as you lot don't know what BA is.... think that BOAC are still on the
go...I will ask..what is a snickers bar ??? :~)

Old August 21st 05, 08:08 PM
SVTKate

"Spike" > wrote in message
: Unless one were planning a trip on BA (is that the same as BOAC?) not
: much point in paying attention. American airlines have been having
: problems off and on for decades. I'd be more concerned if my flight to
: see my daughter on this continent was cancelled/on strike/etc.
:
: As for the food, cardboard is cardboard. I'd just as soon make a stop
: at Burger King or McDucks... or if I'm feeling in an evil mood... stop
: at Taco Hell and get lots of gassy stuff.... : 0 ) I have flown on a
: couple of trans Pacific flights which had excellent fare. Royal Thai,
: JAL, Quantas were all quite good. So was SAS in Europe. But times and
: contractors do change.

You are such a lucky old *******!
I would LOVE to be able to gripe about food on all the international
flights!