Pos side terminal problem

Old October 24th 04, 03:54 PM
Ed Tackett

Default Pos side terminal problem

Happened to me. Pos side terminal cracked at teh housing on my 2002 leaked
battery acid on my AC lines and Wiring harness. It was a mess. I fixed it no
biggie nuetralized the acid and away we go. That being said you should sell
your Saturn and find another car to buy. It looks like no matter what you
will not like the car. Loose the stress.

n/t

DK666

Old March 10th 05, 02:28 AM

Ed Tackett wrote:
> Happened to me. Pos side terminal cracked at teh housing on my 2002

leaked
> battery acid on my AC lines and Wiring harness. It was a mess. I

fixed it no
> biggie nuetralized the acid and away we go. That being said you

should sell
> your Saturn and find another car to buy. It looks like no matter what

you
> will not like the car. Loose the stress.

Same leak problem here today on my '02 SL2 - suppose I should have
taken the "36 month battery" much more seriously...it lasted 38 months.
Couldn't tell there was a leak at all until I unscrewed the positive
terminal - or more correctly gave the terminal 1/2 turn before the post
broke off inside the old battery. Fortunately the battery acid was
contained in the tray - baking soda and water doing the trick right
now.

What irks me is that my other Saturn ('01 LW300) had just about the
same problem 6 months ago. And I thought it was just a fluke. So it
goes.

OD