VW Bug 1600cc Gas to Propane Conversion Kit

Old April 19th 05, 01:45 AM
Howard Rose

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:33:44 GMT, "Tim Rogers" >
wrote:

>"Howard Rose" > wrote in message
.. .

>> You can get tanks that fit in place of the spare wheel, but I guess
>> that would only be suitable for the 1302/1303 Super Beetles. Plus I
>> would not like to think what would happen in a serious front-end
>> accident.
>>

>.............A ruptured tank of gasoline is as potentially lethal to a
>vehicle's occupant as any other type of fuel. Maybe even more so. Because a
>gasoline tank has air which contains oxygen displacing the fuel inside the
>tank, it has the capacity to go off like bomb.

fair enough!! I didn't really think of that...

--
Howard Rose
1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe
Old April 19th 05, 08:55 AM
Juper Wort

"Howard Rose" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:26:12 -0500, "jjs" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Howard Rose" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >>I am not sure where you would put the extra tank in a Beetle and still
> >> have room for your passengers.

> >Pull a trailer of tanks.

> Or do as they did in WWII and have a big bag of gas on the roofrack!
> --
> Howard Rose
> 1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe
> 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe
> 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
> http://www.howard81.co.uk/ (cars on website)

Visions of Dads Army episode.....!

James

Old April 20th 05, 11:11 PM
ilambert

Thanks tothe prompt about WWII,I am wondering about the VWs of that era that
burned coal(fumes or dust or oil?,can't remember)Anyone have a good site
same?Thanke

Old April 21st 05, 06:39 AM
Jan

I scanned this article on "Alternater fuel beetles" off VW Trends
several years ago :

http://www.geocities.com/janbugger/altern.html

Jan

ilambert wrote:
> Thanks tothe prompt about WWII,I am wondering about the VWs of that era that
> burned coal(fumes or dust or oil?,can't remember)Anyone have a good site
> same?Thanke
> "Juper Wort" > wrote in message
>
>>"Howard Rose" > wrote in message
. ..

> [...]
m...

Old April 22nd 05, 01:43 AM
ilambert

Cool site,Jan.Thanks
"Jan" > wrote in message

> I scanned this article on "Alternater fuel beetles" off VW Trends several
> years ago :
>
> http://www.geocities.com/janbugger/altern.html
>
> Jan
>
> ilambert wrote:
>> Thanks tothe prompt about WWII,I am wondering about the VWs of that era
>> that burned coal(fumes or dust or oil?,can't remember)Anyone have a good
>> site same?Thanke

om...

12V conversion question N8N Technology 1 February 9th 05 02:01 AM
propane hot enough for broken bolt removal? [email protected] Technology 3 December 31st 04 09:59 AM
55 plymoth disc brake conversion Ryan5446 Antique cars 0 July 20th 04 03:21 AM
Car conversion notes, addendum 2 David Dalton General 3 June 22nd 04 02:25 PM
FS 1966 Dodge Bus RV conversion Thomas Allemani Antique cars 0 March 13th 04 09:58 PM