89 Honda accord Carburetor/fuel delivery problems?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 15th 04, 04:42 AM
bob62

Default 89 Honda accord Carburetor/fuel delivery problems?

Hi, I have an 89 Honda accord LX. with a carburetor. and I am having some
serious issues with this and they are quite puzzling. ok, ONe day i was
driving and it just starts bogging down the car would run but with the gas
pedal to the floor it will only go up to in between 1000 - 2000 rpms. my
solution to this was getting a new carburetor, but I went and got one from
a junk yard and installed it this morning and the problem still occured.
before I took the old one off i checked the gas line and cranked it to see
if it was pumping any gas, and it pumped gas perfectly. so it cant be the
gas pump. I know that one. Any answers or solutions on what I should check
would be very appreciated. thanks alot! its the only car I got and im
having to bum my mothers car when I need to go places.