The New 2013 Mustangs Have Arrived!

Old November 15th 11, 07:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default The New 2013 Mustangs Have Arrived!

Hard to complain about any of the changes. Shows Team Mustang is
fully dialed in!

The GT

http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...-breaks-cover/

Boss 302

http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...urns-to-roots/

GT500

http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...00-gets-650hp/

Patrick
Old November 15th 11, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

In article
" > wrote:

> Hard to complain about any of the changes. Shows Team Mustang is
> fully dialed in!
>

> The GT
>
> http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...-breaks-cover/
>
> Boss 302
>
> http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...302-returns-to
> -roots/
>
> GT500
>
> http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...t-500-gets-650
> hp/
>
> Patrick

Nice. If only someone would buy me one. I'll even take a v6.
One of the random pictures had a rear view with squarish exhaust tips...
Yuck! I think it was a Shelby. They just didn't look right to me.

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.
Old November 16th 11, 07:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Nov 15, 5:04*pm, twk > wrote:
> In article
> >,

> " > wrote:
> > Hard to complain about any of the changes. *Shows Team Mustang is
> > fully dialed in!

> > The GT

> >http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...-mustang-break...

Love the optional Recaro seats! And standard HID. Overall, awesome
job, Ford!

> > Boss 302

> >http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...ang-boss-302-r...
> > -roots/

How can't you love the new Boss 302? Seems this will be the last year
though. Bring on a new Boss 351!

> > GT500

> >http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...-shelby-gt-500...
> > hp/

> Nice. If only someone would buy me one. I'll even take a v6.
> One of the random pictures had a rear view with squarish exhaust tips...
> Yuck! I think it was a Shelby. They just didn't look right to me.

I think they're round. But whatever. 200+ mph, and the now the most
powerful production car in the world, and it's a Mustang...
incredible!

And wasn't that long ago, Ford was ALWAYS two steps behind GM
performance. Now Ford dominates, except in sales. Weird!

Patrick

Old November 16th 11, 11:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

In article
" > wrote:

> On Nov 15, 5:04*pm, twk > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,

> > " > wrote:
> > > Hard to complain about any of the changes. *Shows Team Mustang is
> > > fully dialed in!

> > > The GT

> > >http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...-mustang-break...

> Love the optional Recaro seats! And standard HID. Overall, awesome
> job, Ford!
>
> > > Boss 302

> > >http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...ang-boss-302-r...
> > > -roots/

> How can't you love the new Boss 302? Seems this will be the last year
> though. Bring on a new Boss 351!
>
> > > GT500

> > >http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...-shelby-gt-500...
> > > hp/

> > Nice. If only someone would buy me one. I'll even take a v6.
> > One of the random pictures had a rear view with squarish exhaust tips...
> > Yuck! I think it was a Shelby. They just didn't look right to me.

> I think they're round. But whatever. 200+ mph, and the now the most
> powerful production car in the world, and it's a Mustang...
> incredible!
>
> And wasn't that long ago, Ford was ALWAYS two steps behind GM
> performance. Now Ford dominates, except in sales. Weird!
>
> Patrick

Sorry Mr. Shelby! The square tips were on an SMS machine.

<http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...011-sms-302-mu
stang/adsc_1074.jpg>

I hope he doesn't read this news group. <hangs head>

Old November 17th 11, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jeff[_59_]

It will be interesting to see how much of a sales spike the across-the-
board Shelby nose will result in. We were both of the opinion that
Camaro has been kicking Mustang's butt in sales largely to Ford's
insistence on downgraded cosmetics on V6 packages, while Chevy blessed
the their six will all of the styling panache of the show car hit and
movie star. (IMHO, the base Camaro is actually better looking than the
SS, with its nose slit and large jowls breaking up an otherwise clean
design.)

Meanwhile Ford had always reserved their most stylish presentation for
the Shelby, giving us obvious Good, Better, Best options...until now.
I had been waiting for the right 2011 to go on the used market...but
it's 2013 or bust for me now. I hope others agree & Ford's decision is
rewarded with a Camaro-whipping sales boost.

Unfortunately the 2013 will likely be a one-year wonder as I have a
bad feeling the 50th Anniversary 2014 is going to look like a Taurus
Coupe. Surely the 50th Anniversary Mustang will proudly display the
"new face of Ford"--a dominant trapezoid grille, thin back-swept
headlights, and secondary bumper skirt grille that subtly blends with
the shape of the main grille (see '12 Focus, '13 Taurus, & Evos
Concept, and dare I say '12 Fiesta.)

Telling was the statement at the LA Car Show by Mustang chief designer
Darrell Behmer, “This latest Mustang design is very respectful of its
heritage while continuing to look forward with a more powerful and
modern look.” The '05 was unabashedly retro styled, but now Ford is
simply being "respectful" of heritage, but "looking forward" to a
"more modern look." Say goodbye to heritage. Get your 2013's while
they are hot!
Old November 18th 11, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Nov 17, 9:37*am, Jeff > wrote:
> It will be interesting to see how much of a sales spike the across-the-
> board Shelby nose will result in. We were both of the opinion that
> Camaro has been kicking Mustang's butt in sales largely to Ford's
> insistence on downgraded cosmetics on V6 packages, while Chevy blessed
> the their six will all of the styling panache of the show car hit and
> movie star. (IMHO, the base Camaro is actually better looking than the
> SS, with its nose slit and large jowls breaking up an otherwise clean
> design.)
>
> Meanwhile Ford had always reserved their most stylish presentation for
> the Shelby, giving us obvious Good, Better, Best options...until now.
> I had been waiting for the right 2011 to go on the used market...but
> it's 2013 or bust for me now. I hope others agree & Ford's decision is
> rewarded with a Camaro-whipping sales boost.
>
> Unfortunately the 2013 will likely be a one-year wonder as I have a
> bad feeling the 50th Anniversary 2014 is going to look like a Taurus
> Coupe. Surely the 50th Anniversary Mustang will proudly display the
> "new face of Ford"--a dominant trapezoid grille, thin back-swept
> headlights, and secondary bumper skirt grille that subtly blends with
> the shape of the main grille (see '12 Focus, '13 Taurus, & Evos
> Concept, and dare I say '12 Fiesta.)
>
> Telling was the statement at the LA Car Show by Mustang chief designer
> Darrell Behmer, “This latest Mustang design is very respectful of its
> heritage while continuing to look forward with a more powerful and
> modern look.” The '05 was unabashedly retro styled, but now Ford is
> simply being "respectful" of heritage, but "looking forward" to a
> "more modern look." Say goodbye to heritage. Get your 2013's while
> they are hot!

I don't know, Jeff. I'm optimistic about the upcoming look. And
here's why. For about the last 10 years, Team Mustang has proven
again and again, how dialed in they are with what we enthusiasts
want. Cases in point: The Bullitt cars, the '03-'04 Mach 1s, the
Terminators, the '05 redesign, the GT500s, the new 5.0 motor and the
Boss 302s. It's been just hit after hit. Frankly each year I keep
wondering how much better can it get? And I just don't see them, as
talented as they are, suddenly falling down on a project as big as the
50th anniversary. I just don't see it happening.

Patrick
Old November 18th 11, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jeff[_59_]

On Nov 17, 10:55*pm, "
> wrote:
> On Nov 17, 9:37*am, Jeff > wrote:
>

> > It will be interesting to see how much of a sales spike the across-the-
> > board Shelby nose will result in. We were both of the opinion that
> > Camaro has been kicking Mustang's butt in sales largely to Ford's
> > insistence on downgraded cosmetics on V6 packages, while Chevy blessed
> > the their six will all of the styling panache of the show car hit and
> > movie star. (IMHO, the base Camaro is actually better looking than the
> > SS, with its nose slit and large jowls breaking up an otherwise clean
> > design.)

> > Meanwhile Ford had always reserved their most stylish presentation for
> > the Shelby, giving us obvious Good, Better, Best options...until now.
> > I had been waiting for the right 2011 to go on the used market...but
> > it's 2013 or bust for me now. I hope others agree & Ford's decision is
> > rewarded with a Camaro-whipping sales boost.

> > Unfortunately the 2013 will likely be a one-year wonder as I have a
> > bad feeling the 50th Anniversary 2014 is going to look like a Taurus
> > Coupe. Surely the 50th Anniversary Mustang will proudly display the
> > "new face of Ford"--a dominant trapezoid grille, thin back-swept
> > headlights, and secondary bumper skirt grille that subtly blends with
> > the shape of the main grille (see '12 Focus, '13 Taurus, & Evos
> > Concept, and dare I say '12 Fiesta.)

> > Telling was the statement at the LA Car Show by Mustang chief designer
> > Darrell Behmer, “This latest Mustang design is very respectful of its
> > heritage while continuing to look forward with a more powerful and
> > modern look.” The '05 was unabashedly retro styled, but now Ford is
> > simply being "respectful" of heritage, but "looking forward" to a
> > "more modern look." Say goodbye to heritage. Get your 2013's while
> > they are hot!

> I don't know, Jeff. *I'm optimistic about the upcoming look. *And
> here's why. *For about the last 10 years, Team Mustang has proven
> again and again, how dialed in they are with what we enthusiasts
> want. *Cases in point: The Bullitt cars, the '03-'04 Mach 1s, the
> Terminators, the '05 redesign, the GT500s, the new 5.0 motor and the
> Boss 302s. *It's been just hit after hit. *Frankly each year I keep
> wondering how much better can it get? *And I just don't see them, as
> talented as they are, suddenly falling down on a project as big as the
> 50th anniversary. *I just don't see it happening.
>
> Patrick

I'm glad you're optimistic Patrick. Surely I can be a bit of a
pessimist. I'm just a child of the 70's who wished he were born in
another era, wistfully dreaming about those gorgeous and bad ass cars
of the 60's. I literally cried the day I first saw the then alien 1979
Fox body "Mustang" (as much as the 5.0 did for Mustang history, I
still feel compelled to use quotes because a real Mustang would never,
NEVER have quad headlamps and/or a hatchback, nor share a chassis with
grandma's Ford Grenada.)

For me the '94 was a low-slung, long-hooded, short decked breath of
fresh air, but the knockout 2005 retro style was an absolute godsend.
This time it was tears of joy as I witnessed all the crystal clear
homages to the glorious original Mustangs of the 60's. The nose
screamed '67 Mustang; rear quarter windows looked to have come right
out of a '66 Shelby GT350; and a rear end just like a '70 which so
many other cars would get a good look at. Its long hood, short deck, A
& B pillar & fastback rakes, even the "hockey-stick", all in near-
perfect proportions to the 1st generation Mustangs that started it
all.

Oh well, time marches on and it's been a great run with nostalgic
looks. Plus I have to admit the EVOS concept is pretty sexy. The
writing is on the wall that the '14 will draw a lot of inspiration
from it...not necessarily a bad thing, sigh. I guess I should just be
happy Ford isn't going to continue down the retro path into '70's.
Old November 19th 11, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Nov 18, 11:10*am, Jeff > wrote:
> On Nov 17, 10:55*pm, "

> > > It will be interesting to see how much of a sales spike the across-the-
> > > board Shelby nose will result in. We were both of the opinion that
> > > Camaro has been kicking Mustang's butt in sales largely to Ford's
> > > insistence on downgraded cosmetics on V6 packages, while Chevy blessed
> > > the their six will all of the styling panache of the show car hit and
> > > movie star. (IMHO, the base Camaro is actually better looking than the
> > > SS, with its nose slit and large jowls breaking up an otherwise clean
> > > design.)

> > > Meanwhile Ford had always reserved their most stylish presentation for
> > > the Shelby, giving us obvious Good, Better, Best options...until now.
> > > I had been waiting for the right 2011 to go on the used market...but
> > > it's 2013 or bust for me now. I hope others agree & Ford's decision is
> > > rewarded with a Camaro-whipping sales boost.

> > > Unfortunately the 2013 will likely be a one-year wonder as I have a
> > > bad feeling the 50th Anniversary 2014 is going to look like a Taurus
> > > Coupe. Surely the 50th Anniversary Mustang will proudly display the
> > > "new face of Ford"--a dominant trapezoid grille, thin back-swept
> > > headlights, and secondary bumper skirt grille that subtly blends with
> > > the shape of the main grille (see '12 Focus, '13 Taurus, & Evos
> > > Concept, and dare I say '12 Fiesta.)

> > > Telling was the statement at the LA Car Show by Mustang chief designer
> > > Darrell Behmer, “This latest Mustang design is very respectful of its
> > > heritage while continuing to look forward with a more powerful and
> > > modern look.” The '05 was unabashedly retro styled, but now Ford is
> > > simply being "respectful" of heritage, but "looking forward" to a
> > > "more modern look." Say goodbye to heritage. Get your 2013's while
> > > they are hot!

> > I don't know, Jeff. *I'm optimistic about the upcoming look. *And
> > here's why. *For about the last 10 years, Team Mustang has proven
> > again and again, how dialed in they are with what we enthusiasts
> > want. *Cases in point: The Bullitt cars, the '03-'04 Mach 1s, the
> > Terminators, the '05 redesign, the GT500s, the new 5.0 motor and the
> > Boss 302s. *It's been just hit after hit. *Frankly each year I keep
> > wondering how much better can it get? *And I just don't see them, as
> > talented as they are, suddenly falling down on a project as big as the
> > 50th anniversary. *I just don't see it happening.

> I'm glad you're optimistic Patrick. Surely I can be a bit of a
> pessimist. I'm just a child of the 70's who wished he were born in
> another era, wistfully dreaming about those gorgeous and bad ass cars
> of the 60's.

I too am from that era. And I grew up just 50 miles north of the
Motor City, Detroit Mi., an area with a following for 50's hot rods
and 60's muscle cars that was/is stronger than many
religions.

>I literally cried the day I first saw the then alien 1979
> Fox body "Mustang"

I too have a similar experience. A girl on my street bought a brand-
new powder-blue '79. My brother and I looked it over and laughed at
how ugly it was. Funny then how 8 years later I found myself special
ordering an '87, 5-liter. 5-speed LX hatch, because I just HAD to have
one.

>(as much as the 5.0 did for Mustang history, I
> still feel compelled to use quotes because a real Mustang would never,
> NEVER have quad headlamps and/or a hatchback, nor share a chassis with
> grandma's Ford Grenada.)

I view/viewed it this way. The original Mustang was also based on a
very humble foundation. As for the rest of the details, it was just
evolution/survival of the breed.

And historically, you could say the 80's 5.0s were the '64 GTOs of the
second generation of muscle cars.

> For me the '94 was a low-slung, long-hooded, short decked breath of
> fresh air,

I wasn't a fan. Too me they were over-styled and underpowered. I
hated seeing the F-bodies so easily wrestle the performance crown away
from the Mustang, after the Fox bodied cars had worked so hard to
establish the Mustang as king.

> but the knockout 2005 retro style was an absolute godsend.
> This time it was tears of joy as I witnessed all the crystal clear
> homages to the glorious original Mustangs of the 60's. The nose
> screamed '67 Mustang; rear quarter windows looked to have come right
> out of a '66 Shelby GT350; and a rear end just like a '70 which so
> many other cars would get a good look at. Its long hood, short deck, A
> & B pillar & fastback rakes, even the "hockey-stick",

I agree. I only wished Ford would have introduced the '05 a few years
earlier, because it seemed right around the late 90s-early 2000s,
there were a ton of boomers looking for a true retro Mustang. The
'05's styling at that time, I think, would have been a HUGE
sensation.

> all in near-
> perfect proportions to the 1st generation Mustangs that started it
> all.

Truth be told, beside the early fastbacks, I wasn't much of a fan of
Mustangs. I always thought the Camaro looked better. (Though when
Hot Rod magazine featured a Camaro on every damn cover in the 70's, I
couldn't stand to look at Camaros.) But my true love belonged to
another breed: Mopars -- the '68-'70 Chargers, Demons, Darts, 'Cudas,
Challengers, Roadrunners, Super Bees, they were the ones that got my
heart pounding.

> Oh well, time marches on and it's been a great run with nostalgic
> looks.

Yep, it'll be time for something new... time for the next generation
to carry the torch and put their stamp on the breed. And I'm
confident they'll do a good job, if we don't view their work with
biased eyes.

>Plus I have to admit the EVOS concept is pretty sexy. The
> writing is on the wall that the '14 will draw a lot of inspiration
> from it...not necessarily a bad thing, sigh. I guess I should just be
> happy Ford isn't going to continue down the retro path into '70's.

Exactly!

And when you hear Team Ford say, they're not about to let Chevy, with
the new ZL1, top the GT500, you can bet Ford also isn't about to screw
up the 50th anniversary redesign.

Patrick
Old November 20th 11, 09:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
jim stewart

" > wrote in message
> Hard to complain about any of the changes. Shows Team Mustang is
> fully dialed in!

sorry but it looks stupid from all angles...........why do Ford always mess
with a good original design ? .....

Old November 20th 11, 09:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
jim stewart

"jim stewart" > wrote in message

> " > wrote in message
>> Hard to complain about any of the changes. Shows Team Mustang is
>> fully dialed in!
>>

> sorry but it looks stupid from all angles...........why do Ford always
> mess with a good original design ? .....

the rear view is disgusting ........

2013 GT500 to be Turbocharged Gill Ford Mustang 7 July 1st 11 11:40 PM
Speculation on 2013 GT500. NoOp[_2_] Ford Mustang 0 June 10th 11 01:58 AM
2013 GT500 NoOp[_2_] Ford Mustang 0 March 20th 11 02:28 AM
Talk About 2013 Mustang NoOp[_2_] Ford Mustang 5 October 16th 10 01:13 PM