WTB or Trade for a good 86 CIS-E unit

Old June 16th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default WTB or Trade for a good 86 CIS-E unit

looking for a good CIS-E unit for an 86 1.8lt. I have alot of A-2
cabrio parts if someone needs something.

Old June 17th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

What component are you looking for?
Fuel Distributor?
ECM?
???

oups.com...

Old June 21st 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Jun 16, 10:50?pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
> What component are you looking for?
> Fuel Distributor?
> ECM?
> ???

I'm looking for a fuel distributor. The pin is sticking and the bus
gets flooded or starved for fuel.

Is there some place to buy these new ? I'm finding some A1 & A2 parts
not avalable.

any help is appreciated.

Mario

Old June 21st 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
One out of many daves

Did you consider removing that pin/plunger and polishing it up?
You might have to note it's depth or position before you disassemble it.
I think I have successfully done this a couple of times before, esp. if the
vehicle has sat for many months or years.

#s on the fuel distributor might help find one from a different vehicle.
Maybe one from a Golf might work.
Or you might be able to find a rebuilt one at http://busdepot.com/
I know NOTHING about the Busses. <:-)

Old June 22nd 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Jun 21, 10:52?am, "One out of many daves"
> wrote:
> Did you consider removing that pin/plunger and polishing it up?
> You might have to note it's depth or position before you disassemble it.
> I think I have successfully done this a couple of times before, esp. if the
> vehicle has sat for many months or years.
>
> #s on the fuel distributor might help find one from a different vehicle.
> Maybe one from a Golf might work.
> Or you might be able to find a rebuilt one athttp://busdepot.com/
> I know NOTHING about the Busses. <:-)
>
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > On Jun 16, 10:50?pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
> >> What component are you looking for?
> >> Fuel Distributor?
> >> ECM?
> >> ???

> > I'm looking for a fuel distributor. The pin is sticking and the bus
> > gets flooded or starved for fuel.

This is a cis for an 86 cabrio that I put into an 85 Vanagon, Have
had it run perfectly but now its acting up.

Mario

Old June 23rd 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

http://tinyurl.com/ytwe4q

ups.com...

Old June 23rd 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Jun 22, 10:00?pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/ytwe4q

Thanks dave AKA I happen to call a VW dealer that still had a new on
in stock that was all to happy to sell it to me... for $72

Mario

Old June 23rd 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

WOW
You have some GOOD connections! <BG>

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jun 22, 10:00?pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/ytwe4q

> Thanks dave AKA I happen to call a VW dealer that still had a new on
> in stock that was all to happy to sell it to me... for $72
>
> Mario

78 rabbit fuel level sending unit / good repair manual? ascus_lsil VW water cooled 0 January 18th 06 09:38 PM
78 rabbit fuel level sending unit / good repair manual? ascus_lsil VW water cooled 2 January 17th 06 05:43 PM
AWA [OFFER] International trade company which speciaized in trade of all kinds of mater [email protected] General 0 December 9th 05 04:55 AM
Trade: 3.73 for 3.27 MP Ford Mustang 0 June 23rd 05 04:17 AM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good [email protected] BMW 0 April 21st 05 10:01 PM