A3 Jetta with VW Premieum Sound System

Old March 7th 05, 03:37 AM
Lee

Default A3 Jetta with VW Premieum Sound System

My car has the VW Premieum Sound System with the tape deck with cd changer
controls. Thinking of chaning the deck but I was told by the local stereo
shop the stock amp will need to be disconnected. so I was wondering what
others have done. do you just remove the stock amp and put in your own amp?
if so what amp did you use and did you change the stock speakers? what size
speakers are in those? looks like a couple 6.5's and some other sizes then
tweats.. it sounds good I just want mp3 & cd player deck in there.

Thanks

-Lee

Old March 7th 05, 11:33 PM
Lee

so then my question would be, can i just buy a adapter/wire hardness and
plug into my deck and use the exisiting amp/speakers that came stock from
vw?

-Lee

Old March 8th 05, 01:17 AM
John

Infinity Sound System hachiroku Dodge 3 February 18th 05 04:31 PM
DTC: P0172 System too Rich on '01 Jetta 1.8T Mike Brophy VW water cooled 9 February 3rd 05 06:03 AM
2001 Jetta - Grinding Sound w/ Engine dnilsson VW water cooled 6 December 14th 04 09:36 PM
1990 V8 Sound system S William Mote Audi 3 November 6th 04 05:24 PM