Save on GAS. Stop paying so much! Read this..

Old October 31st 07, 07:05 PM posted to alt.autos.camaro,alt.autos.camaro.firebird,alt.autos.classic-trucks,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
lab~rat >:-)[_2_]

Default Save on GAS. Stop paying so much! Read this..

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 01:53:49 -0400, "Tom in Missouri"
> puked:

>There are a lot of scams and a lot of snake oil out there, but one thing I
>did try years ago did actually work. Unfortunately, the parts I used were
>not designed for such use or in the environment I was using them, and so
>after a few days, they failed. But during that time, gas on the test car
>(my daily commuter which was going about 80 miles per day) went from 22-23
>to 25. I had only gotten 25 a couple of times before - long flat non-stop
>highway trips at 55-60 mph. This was tested in mostly city driving.
>
>However, since it involved helping things atomize quicker/better, and the
>EFI/TBI/TPI all does that just as well today, there isn't any point in me
>trying to build one again.

The suspense is killing me...

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...
Old October 31st 07, 09:32 PM posted to alt.autos.camaro,alt.autos.camaro.firebird,alt.autos.classic-trucks,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Ric Seyler[_2_]

lab~rat >:-) wrote:

>On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 01:53:49 -0400, "Tom in Missouri"
> puked:
>

>>There are a lot of scams and a lot of snake oil out there, but one thing I
>>did try years ago did actually work. Unfortunately, the parts I used were
>>not designed for such use or in the environment I was using them, and so
>>after a few days, they failed. But during that time, gas on the test car
>>(my daily commuter which was going about 80 miles per day) went from 22-23
>>to 25. I had only gotten 25 a couple of times before - long flat non-stop
>>highway trips at 55-60 mph. This was tested in mostly city driving.
>>
>>However, since it involved helping things atomize quicker/better, and the
>>EFI/TBI/TPI all does that just as well today, there isn't any point in me
>>trying to build one again.
>>

>The suspense is killing me...

Swapping out a QuadraJet for a 1bbl Rochester?!? :-)

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old November 1st 07, 08:33 AM posted to alt.autos.camaro,alt.autos.camaro.firebird,alt.autos.classic-trucks,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
ZÿRiX[_2_]

"Ric Seyler" > wrote in message ...
lab~rat >:-) wrote:

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 01:53:49 -0400, "Tom in Missouri"
> puked:

There are a lot of scams and a lot of snake oil out there, but one thing I
did try years ago did actually work. Unfortunately, the parts I used were
not designed for such use or in the environment I was using them, and so
after a few days, they failed. But during that time, gas on the test car
(my daily commuter which was going about 80 miles per day) went from 22-23
to 25. I had only gotten 25 a couple of times before - long flat non-stop
highway trips at 55-60 mph. This was tested in mostly city driving.

However, since it involved helping things atomize quicker/better, and the
EFI/TBI/TPI all does that just as well today, there isn't any point in me
trying to build one again.

The suspense is killing me...
Swapping out a QuadraJet for a 1bbl Rochester?!? :-)

Hey my brother did that and it did not really help he had to floor it all of the time to move the car "Pontiac Bonneville Station wagon" it had a four barrel intake with a plate from 4 to 2 and a plate from 2 to 1 all polished inside and looked somewhat like a tunnel ram but unless you are hot rodding it and engine takes so much fuel and air to run... So I guess what I am saying that would not help it just looks funny...
Old November 1st 07, 08:45 AM posted to alt.autos.camaro,alt.autos.camaro.firebird,alt.autos.classic-trucks,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
ZÿRiX[_2_]

I do not know what happened to the other post and not word wrapping...
Hey my brother did that and it did not really help he had to floor it all of the time to move the car "Pontiac Bonneville Station wagon" it had a four barrel intake with a plate from 4 to 2 and a plate from 2 to 1 all polished inside and looked somewhat like a tunnel ram but unless you are hot rodding it and engine takes so much fuel and air to run... So I guess what I am saying that would not help it just looks funny...The 2 plates can be seen on this site...http://www.tdperformance.com/pdfs/12...rbAdapters.pdf
--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Swapping out a QuadraJet for a 1bbl Rochester?!? :-)

Old November 1st 07, 11:29 PM posted to alt.autos.camaro,alt.autos.camaro.firebird,alt.autos.classic-trucks,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Refinish King

LOFL!

I hope you aren't doing that with the El Camino?

RK

Old November 2nd 07, 02:56 PM posted to alt.autos.camaro,alt.autos.camaro.firebird,alt.autos.classic-trucks,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
lab~rat >:-)[_2_]

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:29:50 GMT, "Refinish King"
> puked:

>LOFL!
>
>I hope you aren't doing that with the El Camino?

Nah, it's still swallowing gas by the quart. How've ya been?

>RK
.. .

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...
Old November 2nd 07, 05:09 PM posted to alt.autos.camaro,alt.autos.camaro.firebird,alt.autos.classic-trucks,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Tom in Missouri

It was a trick with ultrasonics. There had been rumors of ultrasonic
carburetors in GM for several years, the so-called 30 mpg box, and it was
supposed to be wired with transducers and such. Of course, the guy I ran
into who claimed to really have one until the first service on his new '74
Impala could have just been describing an early test Q-Jet with the
electronics plugged in. He claimed he got around 20 mpg with his Impala and
then 13 when it was gone.

I positioned an ultrasonic transducer above the barrels and pumped in a
40khz signal. I really didn't have anything to base it on and was just
trial and error. The transducers I had were surplus electronics items and
were not designed for the heat, gas, or anything, so they failed after about
a week. I went through 4 of them.

The idea was that ultrasonics let the gas and air atomize better and that
would improve fuel economy. It appears that it did. With more time, money,
and equipment, it might have been a good deal, positioning them under the
carb, in the intake, or maybe above and below, but I didn't have the
resources to do all that. I never had the chance to really tune for mileage
as by the time I ran enough miles and gas, they had failed. If I had
transducers that could have lasted, I could have tried turning the carb for
the ultrasonics and seen if they actually

Since them, the EFI, TBI, and TPI all have created much better atomization
than carbs did so it is academic today. If it improved over the fuel
injection, it might only be 1 mpg or so, and that isn't really worth the
effort.

Old November 2nd 07, 09:59 PM posted to alt.autos.camaro,alt.autos.camaro.firebird,alt.autos.classic-trucks,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Refinish King

I've been great, Thank you.

How are those two slobs you drive, the Camaro and El Camino.

I hope all is well with you.

RK
"lab~rat >:-)" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:29:50 GMT, "Refinish King"
> > puked:
>
>>LOFL!
>>
>>I hope you aren't doing that with the El Camino?

> Nah, it's still swallowing gas by the quart. How've ya been?
>

>>RK
. ..

Old November 5th 07, 04:15 PM posted to alt.autos.camaro,alt.autos.camaro.firebird,alt.autos.classic-trucks,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
lab~rat >:-)[_2_]

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 21:59:17 GMT, "Refinish King"
> puked:

>I've been great, Thank you.
>
>How are those two slobs you drive, the Camaro and El Camino.

LOL Still drivin' them. No real progress on the Elky, unless keeping
it on the street and running strong is progress...

>I hope all is well with you.
>
>RK
.. .

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...
Old November 5th 07, 04:17 PM posted to alt.autos.camaro,alt.autos.camaro.firebird,alt.autos.classic-trucks,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
lab~rat >:-)[_2_]

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:09:25 -0400, "Tom in Missouri"
> puked:

>It was a trick with ultrasonics. There had been rumors of ultrasonic
>carburetors in GM for several years, the so-called 30 mpg box, and it was
>supposed to be wired with transducers and such. Of course, the guy I ran
>into who claimed to really have one until the first service on his new '74
>Impala could have just been describing an early test Q-Jet with the
>electronics plugged in. He claimed he got around 20 mpg with his Impala and
>then 13 when it was gone.
>
>I positioned an ultrasonic transducer above the barrels and pumped in a
>40khz signal. I really didn't have anything to base it on and was just
>trial and error. The transducers I had were surplus electronics items and
>were not designed for the heat, gas, or anything, so they failed after about
>a week. I went through 4 of them.
>
>The idea was that ultrasonics let the gas and air atomize better and that
>would improve fuel economy. It appears that it did. With more time, money,
>and equipment, it might have been a good deal, positioning them under the
>carb, in the intake, or maybe above and below, but I didn't have the
>resources to do all that. I never had the chance to really tune for mileage
>as by the time I ran enough miles and gas, they had failed. If I had
>transducers that could have lasted, I could have tried turning the carb for
>the ultrasonics and seen if they actually
>
>Since them, the EFI, TBI, and TPI all have created much better atomization
>than carbs did so it is academic today. If it improved over the fuel
>injection, it might only be 1 mpg or so, and that isn't really worth the
>effort.

Cool, but there are a lot of carbs still on the road...

.. .

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...