How do repair shops price the parts they put in your car

Old November 22nd 07, 12:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
philthy[_1_]

Default How do repair shops price the parts they put in your car

you have 3 grades of parts. ok, china cheap ****, autozone sells
good such as parts master
and better such as moog and factory
then there is the question of control arm relacement i would have pushed
you towards that because the bushings in the control arms crack and wear
out changing alignment and ride really suffers new arms sets things back
to new! really
in car parts you get what pay for if you feel you were took! call around
then go bac and ask for a adjustment all they can say is no

Old November 26th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Refinish King

How would you know this?

RK

Old December 1st 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
aarcuda69062

In article >,
Ashton Crusher > wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 02:23:05 GMT, "Refinish King"
> > wrote:
>
> >How would you know this?
> >

> How do I know how the shops do business??? I've read the training
> material they use to increase profits.

There are a lot of different shop management training vendors out
there, are you saying that you've read the materials from all of
them?
Old December 4th 07, 05:54 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Refinish King[_2_]

Sorry to reply so late:

no computer for a few days.

A rule of thumb is about the 25 to 30 % range.

But, there isn't that much profit in parts anymore, when the customer can go
buy for about the same price we do.

RK
"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 02:23:05 GMT, "Refinish King"
> > wrote:
>
>>How would you know this?
>>

> How do I know how the shops do business??? I've read the training
> material they use to increase profits.
>

>>RK
. ..

Old December 6th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Refinish King[_2_]

I've never replaced a seal in 15 seconds:

You have to remove parts to access the seal.

I run my business honestly, if my customers want to bring their own parts, I
just don't give them a 30 day labor included warranty.

RK
"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 05:54:15 GMT, "Refinish King"
> > wrote:
>
>>Sorry to reply so late:
>>
>>no computer for a few days.
>>
>>A rule of thumb is about the 25 to 30 % range.
>>

>>But, there isn't that much profit in parts anymore, when the customer can
>>go
>>buy for about the same price we do.
>>

> Apples and oranges. If you are having the shop do the repairs you pay
> the shops price for the parts. I've seen them charge $15 for a $3 seal
> PLUS half an hour labor for the 10 seconds it takes to tap it into
> place. If you don't want to pay their price they usually won't
> accept you bringing in your own parts and I don't blame them. they
> are in business to make money and I have no quibble with it when they
> are an honest shop but a lot of them are crooks.
>

>>RK
>>"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 02:23:05 GMT, "Refinish King"

>>> How do I know how the shops do business??? I've read the training
>>> material they use to increase profits.

m...