Remember the Trucks That Burned in California Tunnel?

Old November 3rd 07, 11:39 AM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.veterans
Ted

Default Remember the Trucks That Burned in California Tunnel?

Old November 3rd 07, 12:56 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.veterans
Mr. Sardonicus

On Nov 3, 4:39?am, Ted > wrote:

> > Iconoclast wrote:
> > > Why hasn't the government come up with a report on which trucks were
> > > incinerated in that tunnel on Highway 5 in California a few weeks ago.

> > Maybe someone that lives in that area would have more information. The
> > last I read, nine drivers were missing.

Nine drivers, missing in a "tunnel" that doesn't exist? Sounds like
"Twilight Zone"
fodder.

Old November 3rd 07, 04:03 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.veterans
I am gonna tell you what

On Nov 3, 6:56 am, "Mr. Sardonicus" >
wrote:

> > > Maybe someone that lives in that area would have more information. The
> > > last I read, nine drivers were missing.

> Nine drivers, missing in a "tunnel" that doesn't exist? Sounds like
> "Twilight Zone"
> fodder.

Can you give us a site or a story ...that tells us about it ?
Thnks

Old November 3rd 07, 05:13 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.veterans
Mr. Sardonicus

On Nov 3, 9:03?am, I am gonna tell you what >
wrote:

> Can you give us a site or a story ...that tells us about it ?

What bugs me about this story is that the newsmedia keeps calling this
freeway underpass a "tunnel".

To me, you dig a tunnel through a *mountain*, you don't build an earth
embankment
for a freeway and call the underpass a "tunnel".

I have driven the I-5 frequently ever since it was built, and I never
heard of any tunnel on the I-5 South, so I wondered how in hell this
tunnel got dug without me even noticing it.

The accident was caused by rain slick pavement, and I was wondering
how the heck it rains in a tunnel.

But I have driven through the so-called "tunnel" myself. It's
strangely named. If you're on *Highway 14* headed south at Newhall,
you can get into the "I-5 truck tunnel".

I suppose they have to call it "I-5 truck tunnel" because Highway 14
ends where it joins I-5.

http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnis538...298&fid=238335

This map is centered on Newhall Tunnel, which is an old railroad
tunnel. Now that's a *real* tunnel.

Move south, enlarge the view and use the hybrid view.

Move east of where Gentil Ranch Road intersects San Fernando Road and
you will see the shadow where I-5 Trk passes under the Golden State
Freeway and comes out again.

I guess the underpass is about a quarter of a mile long.

Old November 4th 07, 03:49 AM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.veterans
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

On Nov 3, 11:13 am, "Mr. Sardonicus" >
wrote:

> The accident was caused by rain slick pavement, and I was wondering
> how the heck it rains in a tunnel.

NO - it was caused by people driving too fast for conditions.

Old November 4th 07, 04:38 AM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.veterans
MLOM

On Nov 3, 10:49 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> On Nov 3, 11:13 am, "Mr. Sardonicus" >
> wrote:
>

> > The accident was caused by rain slick pavement, and I was wondering
> > how the heck it rains in a tunnel.

> NO - it was caused by people driving too fast for conditions.

Sort of like the 100 Left Coast drivers in the big fog-induced pileup
on CA99? BTW: has your vehicle operating speed exceeded the number
posted on the nice white sign off the side of the road?

Old November 4th 07, 06:27 AM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.veterans
Timberwoof

In article . com>,
MLOM > wrote:

> On Nov 3, 10:49 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> > wrote:
> > On Nov 3, 11:13 am, "Mr. Sardonicus" >
> > wrote:
> >

> > > The accident was caused by rain slick pavement, and I was wondering
> > > how the heck it rains in a tunnel.

> > NO - it was caused by people driving too fast for conditions.

> Sort of like the 100 Left Coast drivers in the big fog-induced pileup
> on CA99? BTW: has your vehicle operating speed exceeded the number
> posted on the nice white sign off the side of the road?

Are east-coasters immune from piling up in the fog?

--
Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com>
faq: http://www.timberwoof.com/motorcycle/faq.shtml
Old November 4th 07, 01:57 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.veterans
Lee Cooper

"Ted" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Nov 2, 7:09 pm, "johnny@." <johnny@.> wrote:
>> Iconoclast wrote:
>> > Why hasn't the government come up with a report on which trucks were
>> > incinerated in that tunnel on Highway 5 in California a few weeks ago.
>> > They should have been able to run serial numbers from axels or engine
>> > blocks
>> > and figured out who died in the fire. I'd bet that the trucks that
>> > caused
>> > the huge crash and inferno were part of Bush's "Pilot Program" to put
>> > Mexican truckers on U.S. highways so there's an official coverup.

>> Maybe someone that lives in that area would have more information. The
>> last I read, nine drivers were missing.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Tancredo for Presidenthttp://teamtancredo.org/http://tancredo.house.gov/

>I agree!!

You do know that Bushie has a room at the white house that he goes to so he
can control world events.
A lot of people do not realize he moved those hurricanes that moved across
Florida a few years ago, if you Google it you will see that ALL the counties
that voted for him were spared, and those that he did not carry
.........destroyed...........and lets not even talk about Katrina,the wild
fires in cali, the drought in the south......... yep , you guessed
it.....the control room, just Google and you will see
America................
Sincerely,
Lee

Old November 4th 07, 02:26 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.veterans
Rocky

"Lee Cooper" > wrote in message

> "Ted" > wrote in message
> ups.com...

ago.

> >> Maybe someone that lives in that area would have more information. The
> >> last I read, nine drivers were missing.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Tancredo for

Presidenthttp://teamtancredo.org/http://tancredo.house.gov/

> >I agree!!

> You do know that Bushie has a room at the white house that he goes to so

he
> can control world events.
> A lot of people do not realize he moved those hurricanes that moved across
> Florida a few years ago, if you Google it you will see that ALL the

counties
> that voted for him were spared, and those that he did not carry
> ........destroyed...........and lets not even talk about Katrina,the wild
> fires in cali, the drought in the south......... yep , you guessed
> it.....the control room, just Google and you will see
> America................
> Sincerely,
> Lee

"Sincerely?" Hmmm.

I know it has been a while ago, but do you also give credit for the
destruction of Building Seven to Bush?

http://zeitgeistmovie.com

As for the original subject. I never have found an updated story about it.

Old November 4th 07, 08:27 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.veterans
Refinish King

YES!

RK
"Timberwoof" > wrote in message
> In article . com>,
> MLOM > wrote:
>
>> On Nov 3, 10:49 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
>> > wrote:

>> > NO - it was caused by people driving too fast for conditions.

>> Sort of like the 100 Left Coast drivers in the big fog-induced pileup
>> on CA99? BTW: has your vehicle operating speed exceeded the number
>> posted on the nice white sign off the side of the road?

> Are east-coasters immune from piling up in the fog?
>
> --
> Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com>
> faq: http://www.timberwoof.com/motorcycle/faq.shtml
> It's easy to say a war is so important your neighbor should go fight it
> for you.

I got burned Out Taking These 2 Dave C Auto Photos 1 August 21st 07 03:38 AM
I got Burned Out Taking These 3 Dave C Auto Photos 5 August 20th 07 07:45 PM
Burned Out teem Saturn 2 March 7th 06 03:32 AM
California and non-California 1974 Super Beetle azazel scratch VW air cooled 1 January 15th 06 05:49 PM
Was I burned and not even KNOW it? NoName Chrysler 14 July 20th 05 12:57 AM