OT Dodge's New Super Bee

Old September 19th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Les Benn[_2_]

Default OT Dodge's New Super Bee

"Jeff Mayner" > wrote in message
> WindsorFox wrote:
>> dwight wrote:
>>> "My Name Is Nobody" > wrote in message

>>> Ah.
>>>
>>> I guess the one that I played with many years ago was either an
>>> aberration or the driver didn't know how to push the skinny pedal
>>> down. dwight
>>>

>> Nah, he's blowing smoke. Been there done it many times. The little
>> Hybrid V8 would keep up pretty good but that's about it. The SHO would
>> spin the front tires on take off and never catch up again until the
>> 5.0 let up.

> The Yamaha V6 car was better in almost every way, from an enthusiast's
> standpoint anyway.
>
> I'm not saying it was faster than the 5.0, especially with the 5-speed (I
> owned an '88 LX) but it was most deffinately a better all around car.
> Handled better, rode better, etc.
>
> The above assuming both cars were stock of course.

Screw the charger bring on the hemi Challenger with a 6 speed stick.

Old September 20th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Jeff Mayner wrote:
> WindsorFox wrote:
>> dwight wrote:
>>> "My Name Is Nobody" > wrote in message

>>> Ah.
>>>
>>> I guess the one that I played with many years ago was either an
>>> aberration or the driver didn't know how to push the skinny pedal
>>> down. dwight
>>>

>> Nah, he's blowing smoke. Been there done it many times. The little
>> Hybrid V8 would keep up pretty good but that's about it. The SHO would
>> spin the front tires on take off and never catch up again until the
>> 5.0 let up.

> The Yamaha V6 car was better in almost every way, from an enthusiast's
> standpoint anyway.
>
> I'm not saying it was faster than the 5.0, especially with the 5-speed (I
> owned an '88 LX) but it was most deffinately a better all around car.
> Handled better, rode better, etc.
>
> The above assuming both cars were stock of course.

I definitely saw (felt) a better ride, but IMHO the 5.0 still out
handled the SHO, by very little.

--
"....a couple of belts of .50 BMG individually
Old September 20th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Les Benn wrote:
>> The above assuming both cars were stock of course.
>>

> Screw the charger bring on the hemi Challenger with a 6 speed stick.

See, I want a 'Cuda. Sublime with a black strobe stripe. Since they
would probably never be able to out perform (or comparably perform) the
727 Torque-Flite, I'll say with a pistol grip 6 speed.

--
"....a couple of belts of .50 BMG individually
Old September 20th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Default OT Dodge's New Super Bee inferior

My Name Is Nobody wrote:

>> Blah blah blah, and your reading retention is sorely lacking. I only
>> mentioned it because it was faster and still didn't do what you claim the
>> V6 to do. That was the days when I went to the track EVERY weekend. You're
>> wrong.
>>

> You really do need to take a remedial reading course, one that concentrates
> on reading comprehension! Your are the one off base here, you are talking
> about 1/4 mile drag racing, something I haven't addressed, or eluded to,
> please try and follow along.

No I am NOT dumbass. I am talking about on the highway, on the way
to the track.

I'm not even goign to wade through all that other same old blah, blah,
blah....

> Like I have already said, untill you have actually driven a stock 3.0 liter
> SHO against a stock 5.0 liter Mustang of the same generation, you really
> don't have a dog in this fight...

For the 2nd or 3rd time, I have.

--
"....a couple of belts of .50 BMG individually