'07-'08 Wrangler?

Old October 1st 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jack Carter

Default '07-'08 Wrangler?

Anyone bought one? (I just did.) If so, what do you think of it?

Old October 2nd 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jack Carter

Thanx for the reply. (That does seem like a lot of boat to be pulling with a
Wrangler.) I'm on my 8th CJ or Wrangler. I bought a 2-dr X that's pretty
well loaded. (I don't like the painted fender flares and center section of
the front bumper on the Sahara.) The first thing I did was to pull off the
rear seat head restraints, so I could see out the back. You're right about
the new one being quiet. That's the first thing I noticed. The radio is much
improved over the '03 I had, which had the "big" radio with the sub-woofer
in the console - totally useless, it sounded really rotten! The new one is
much better, especially since they put the sub where it belongs. I haven't
made up my mind about the V-6 yet since mine only has 400 miles on it. I'm
thinking it might be a little "hotter" after it gets some more miles on it.
Mileage so far has averaged 19.9, according to the computer, which is much
better than my I-6. Mine has the 3.73 axles which should help the
acceleration somewhat. All things considered, I like it a lot better than
any CJ or Wrangler I've had. And it should be terrific off road.

Old October 2nd 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jack Carter

Hi Les: My window sticker says mine has the "tubular side steps" but there
sure isn't anything tubular about them. What's the difference between the
Sahara running boards and the tubular side steps? (My dealer doesn't have
any Wranglers in stock with either one.)