'07 Wrangler 2-door - Sunrider problem?

Old August 9th 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
frenchy[_1_]

Default '07 Wrangler 2-door - Sunrider problem?

I just bought a 2007 Wrangler 2-door with the sunrider top option,
however the manual doesn't have ANY description of how to use the
sunrider for the 2-door, only the 4-door. I figured out that I had to
slide the two plastic retainers forward on the side bows on the 2-
door, so that I could then fold the header portion back. But where am
I supposed to attach the straps to secure it as the 4-door does? The
top doesn't fold up into a W like on the four door, the front portion
just flips back like a lid. Or do I just leave it as is and not use
any straps? It came with two loops with a snap button on them, and
two velcro-locking straps in the glove box. Thanks!
Frenchy

Old August 9th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_1268_]

I would guess they're not needed. Call the maker: Bestop:
http://www.bestop.com/installation_guides/51719.pdf
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

oups.com...

Old August 9th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_1283_]

I would guess they're not needed. Call the maker: Bestop:
http://www.bestop.com/installation_guides/51719.pdf
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

oups.com...

Old August 9th 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
x[_1_]

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 21:28:12 -0700, L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote:

> I would guess they're not needed. Call the maker: Bestop:
> http://www.bestop.com/installation_guides/51719.pdf
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/

Definitely contact the maker; Mr. Hughes' advice can occasionally be
dangerous.

Old August 9th 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobile.pictures
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_1295_]

This from the biggest loser of them all! The jealous, really jealous, I
can't believe how jealous this little draft dodging coward schizophrenic
psychopath liar hiding in Vancouver via S0106000ea6ba70e7.vn.shawcable.net
24.86.24.251 who's only way to get attention is to make
a fool of its self. With an obsession with perverts and goats, where it
writes via remailers, @news.alt.net, and cross posts to other perverts to no
one's surprise. With extreme jealous ranting over my documents, possessions,
successes, manliness and fine, Southern California surfing body, beard, and
loving Christian family. Committing forgery over many of my posts, proving
I'm a responsible American man. You remind me of a little rat dog, like a
Mexican Chiwawa with its senseless barking, me too, me too. You're even more
senile than I first thought. And the poor thing, you're too girlie to take
responsibility for yourself again, by signing your statement like a man.
That really thinks the group's members are so stupid not to know it's
the same coward, posting over and over again using a schizophrenic
psychopath forged up names?
You're not worth any more time when a cut and paste this same
paragraphs it fits so well!
But, now worth a forwarding to:
,
, , , ,
for forgery.
Who said it also likes baby monkeys sucking their penis, like his buddy
posted on an auto picture group at:

I thought this traitor's attacks were just over personal disagreements,
but in reality these attacks stemming from my love of God and America on
Independents Week, I realized you are actually attacking my country, and
that's what you've been doing all along is declaring your hatred for the
United States of America, with each declaration of my signature, but just
too cowardly and stupid to be a terrorist. It's America, love it, or leave
it, so keep the f*ck out!
Or let me know when you cross my American border, so I may arrest you!
YOU ARE A TRAITOR and lost all rights to my American border, and
someday I'll have you in jail where you belong! Any time, I'll fly and meant
with other patriots guarding our borders against vermin like you.
Forwarded to: alt.binaries.pictures.autos,
alt.binaries.automobile.pictures groups so they may to see what an a**hole
you, aka SW really is!!!!!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old August 9th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
frenchy[_1_]

On Aug 8, 9:28 pm, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III"
> wrote:
> I would guess they're not needed. Call the maker: Bestop:
> http://www.bestop.com/installation_guides/51719.pdf

This top looks different than mine... I figured out that there are two
spring-loaded levers on the top of each door sill. It has a small pin
that locks into a very large hole in brackets that are on each bow,
behind where the sunrider part folds back. So this looks like how it
is supposed to be secured. That one in the pdf is secured with
straps.
Great - except when I tried the sunrider mode, the driver side pin is
locking, but the passenger side is not, even when the top is fully
locked down. Looks like the bracket is just smidge too far back for
it's pin to go in the hole. Even if I push hard forward on the header
when locking down, that pin might go in (I can tell it has grabbed
into the edge of the hole) but when I release the header, it pops back
out. What I'm thinking is I could drill out that hole a little
towards the front to give the pin more clearance. The pin is tiny
compared to the hole. I don't see any way to adjust the position of
the pin mechanism or the bracket.
Either that or I can just secure the bow some other way with a strap
around the door sill and the bow. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Old August 9th 07, 06:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jesus H. Chrysler, Esq.

Default '07 Wrangler 2-door - brain problem?

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 22:01:23 -0700, L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote:

> Forwarded to: alt.binaries.pictures.autos,
> alt.binaries.automobile.pictures groups so they may to see what a GOD
> you, aka SW really is!!!!!

Aw ****, Billie, you know I wanna say 'Oh, shucks, ma'am' when you talk
like that.

But worry not, they are all well aware of what I am, just as they know
what you are not.

Fortunately, humbleness is one of my greatest talents, so your words won't
flatter me, even though they be true.

Bless you, My errant *******.

JC

Old August 9th 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
frenchy[_1_]

OOOps, I found an addendum in the owner's packet that explains the 2-
door sunrider. It is indeed secured with the straps, I was not
folding the fabric up correctly as explained in the addendum.
Since the four door doesn't have these locking mechanisms I'm assuming
they are just for extra lockdown of the top due to the sunrider hinge
being there. Probably not to actually lock the top down in sunrider
mode, so I won't worry about the one that isn't locking. I'll just
watch it while driving and see if it looks like it's wanting to lift
up there at higher speeds or not.

Old August 9th 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobile.pictures
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_1305_]

Old August 9th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Pink Freud

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 22:23:05 -0700, frenchy wrote:

> Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Just a repeat.

When dealing with Billie, remember that his brain is only as strong as
his weakest Link.

All his answers are links.

Many are outdated, and many are just plain wrong.

There are many very knowledgeable people here, you just lost the luck of
the draw first time around.

Ask Mike Romaine or some of the other regs, what few Billie hasn't chased
away.