Mechanic in SF Bay Area

Old April 12th 05, 08:09 AM
geoffers

Default Mechanic in SF Bay Area

Anyone in or around the San Jose, CA area know what happened to
VolksAuthority? I liked that place for parts or in-person advice or even
the occasional job or two. But, when I stopped by the other day, the
office area looked sorta cleaned out and there were *gasp* American cars
in the lot!

Did they relocate? I hope they didn't have to shut down. The guy in
charge there seemed to be a good guy.

Geoffe Elias
'74 Super Beetle

Old April 12th 05, 10:18 AM
Jan

geoffers wrote:
> Anyone in or around the San Jose, CA area know what happened to
> VolksAuthority? I liked that place for parts or in-person advice or
> even the occasional job or two. But, when I stopped by the other day,
> the office area looked sorta cleaned out and there were *gasp* American
> cars in the lot!
>
> Did they relocate? I hope they didn't have to shut down. The guy in
> charge there seemed to be a good guy.
>
> Geoffe Elias
> '74 Super Beetle

When was the last time you were there?
They relocated a couple of years ago

Hope Ray is still in business. Yes he's one of the good guys, good
reputation and a nice, helpful dude too.
Regarding the american cars on the lot: he did do some work on other
makes too, not just VW's. Mainly imports though, I think.. not sure. I
saw Porsche, and Honda engines under cosntruction when I visited his old
shop years ago.

Jan