Overhead Light?

Old June 1st 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
CWLee

Default Overhead Light?

In my 2000 Explorer the overhead light comes on when a door
is opened. My memory is that when I first purchased the car
new in 2000 that when the door closed the light stayed on
for 10-20 seconds, but I note now that it goes off
immediately. Is my memory faulty about this, or does
something break/wear out that changes that process, or have
I maybe changed some adjustment somehow to bring about this
immediate shutting off of the light.

Enlightenment appreciated.

--
----------
CWLee

Old June 3rd 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

If the ignition is in the "run" position, the lamp will go out immediately.
If the key isn't turned on, it should remain illuminated for a short time.

Old June 3rd 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
CWLee

Thanks, Jim.

Something must be broken in my Explorer then, since the
light goes out immediately after the door is closed
regardless of whether the key is in the ignition or not, and
regardless of which of the various positions the key is in
while in the ignition switch.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Overhead console Jeff DeWitt Jeep 37 April 4th 06 03:01 PM
Overhead cams have valve lifters ? Caprice85 Technology 4 March 13th 06 03:36 PM
help with overhead console install pchotspot Dodge 3 March 4th 06 04:07 AM
Overhead compass and Temperature 4-2LGW Ford Explorer 2 February 24th 06 11:02 PM
Add Overhead LCD to 82208272 DVD Changer [email protected] Chrysler 0 April 19th 05 05:02 PM