amsoil vs other synthetics?

Old June 6th 15, 12:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default amsoil vs other synthetics?

Feel free to contact us at

www.sythenticsolutionsUSA.com

servicing all of North America including Canada ~ the USA is because it's made in the USA.

Building trust in #AMSOIL as your CHAMPIONS of #performanceandprotection for your vehicles

Old June 6th 15, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brian Gordon

In article >,
> wrote:
>Feel free to contact us at
>
>www.sythenticsolutionsUSA.com
>
>servicing all of North America including Canada ~ the USA is because
>it's made in the USA.
>
>Building trust in #AMSOIL as your CHAMPIONS of #performanceandprotection
>for your vehicles

Does Amsoil still refuse to have their oils rated/labeled - SAE whatever - like
everyone else does? Doesn't using unrated oils void any warranty your car
might have? That was the case years ago, anyway.

--
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
| Brian Gordon <-- brian dot gordon at cox dot net |
Old June 6th 15, 04:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Brian Gordon > wrote:

>Does Amsoil still refuse to have their oils rated/labeled - SAE whatever - like
>everyone else does? Doesn't using unrated oils void any warranty your car
>might have? That was the case years ago, anyway.

I believe so. It's worse than it used to be today because there are so many
different ratings out there; your oil might pass the Mercedes-specific standard
but not the Subaru-specific one.

And unfortunately there is no rating body which is testing some of the
parameters that might improve performance in older engines.
--scott

Old December 13th 16, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Saturday, June 6, 2015 at 11:58:28 AM UTC-4, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Brian Gordon > wrote:
> >
> >Does Amsoil still refuse to have their oils rated/labeled - SAE whatever - like
> >everyone else does? Doesn't using unrated oils void any warranty your car
> >might have? That was the case years ago, anyway.

> I believe so. It's worse than it used to be today because there are so many
> different ratings out there; your oil might pass the Mercedes-specific standard
> but not the Subaru-specific one.
>
> And unfortunately there is no rating body which is testing some of the
> parameters that might improve performance in older engines.
> --scott

AMSOIL offer 14 API certified motor oil and offers European car oils certified by BMW, MB, VW and Porsche.

Oil Change Interval for Synthetics The Doctor Technology 23 September 4th 08 02:13 AM
Synthetic BLENDS or full synthetics? [email protected] Technology 13 September 13th 07 04:03 PM
synthetics Bryan Jeep 15 April 22nd 05 07:21 PM
"Full Synthetics" Rudy Hiebert Technology 4 December 12th 04 07:57 AM