Most reliable SUV

Old November 25th 05, 07:12 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default Most reliable SUV

Coasty wrote:
> "TheSnoMan" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>
>>Coasty wrote:
>>
>>>"TheSnoMan" > wrote in message
thlink.net...

>>>Hate to break it to you but, today's Jeeps are far superior to
>>>pre-Chrysler-AMC-Jeep. Older ones rusted out as they drove off the lot,
>>>engines were very dirty burning, 100k was max life, they needed constant
>>>tinkering, they leaked, the soft top was poor design, gauges often
>>>failed, and god help you in a crash just to name a few.
>>>
>>>Today's jeeps are made of galvanized steel and last for many years with
>>>out rusting, they do not require the intensive maintenance the older ones
>>>did, the engines last beyond 300k, the new sail cloth tops are quieter,
>>>stronger, and last for may more years, the liberty is the only SUV on the
>>>market with a clean burn diesel, they are far superior in crash tests
>>>than older Jeeps, today's jeep engines are cleaner burning that the past
>>>and tougher than ever.
>>>
>>>Since you say older ones were pretty good compaired to today's Jeeps may
>>>I ask how many jeeps you have owned?
>>>

>>How about 4 so far and currently two and the AMC engines where far better
>>than the Chysler mills. I have a 79 J20 that I have had for about 20 years
>>now. It started life in farm service then when I got it it towed horse
>>trailers for many years and plowed snow too and it STILL runs good and
>>tranny works like new too. It has had a extremely hard life. AMC/Jeed used
>>to use a heaiver D44 than anybody else did in the front of full size
>>vehicles (thicker axle tubes) and mine has never broken any driveline
>>parts even pushing snow with 2000lbs in the bed up a drifted lane with 4
>>chained tires spining. Dodge did not hurt it too much but Dalhmer is
>>really kinda clueless as to what a Jeep is and stands for as the Liberty
>>proves.
>>--
>>
>>-----------------
>>www.thesnoman.com

> I agree about the AMC engines but over all the Wranglers are better today
> are better than they were a Rubicon is the altimate 4x4. As far as the
> Liberty, it is a grocery getter with minor 4x4 capability. The Cherokee and
> the unlimited are becoming the high $$ vehicles to comptet with Land Rover
> and Lexus. However, taken what they are I would own a Jeep before any other
> 4x4 SUV.
>
> I go to a place in PA that is an off road park called Paragon and overall
> the Jeep line kicks off road butt compaired to all others. Last week end I
> was in WV and we had a Ford explorer, a Chevy Trailblazer and a Dodge
> Dakota. Well, guess who kept getting stuck and bogged down it wasn't the
> JeepWranglers or the two Cherokees.

Thats because Dalhmer has not redesign the Wrangler yet and it still
goes back to its AMC roots with minor changes. Give them time and
Dalhmer will screw that one up too.

--

-----------------
www.thesnoman.com
Old November 25th 05, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:12:05 GMT, TheSnoMan > wrote:

>Thats because Dalhmer has not redesign the Wrangler yet and it still
>goes back to its AMC roots with minor changes. Give them time and
>Dalhmer will screw that one up too.

You mean Daimler, maybe? (Dahlmer was a clown who raped, killed, and ate people,
IIRC).
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old November 25th 05, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Charlie Choc wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:12:05 GMT, TheSnoMan > wrote:
>

>>Thats because Dalhmer has not redesign the Wrangler yet and it still
>>goes back to its AMC roots with minor changes. Give them time and
>>Dalhmer will screw that one up too.

> You mean Daimler, maybe? (Dahlmer was a clown who raped, killed, and ate people,
> IIRC).

A Typo, no big deal

--

-----------------
www.thesnoman.com
Old November 25th 05, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

no, that was Dahmer

:
: >Thats because Dalhmer has not redesign the Wrangler yet and it still
: >goes back to its AMC roots with minor changes. Give them time and
: >Dalhmer will screw that one up too.
:
: You mean Daimler, maybe? (Dahlmer was a clown who raped, killed, and ate people,
: IIRC).
: --
: Charlie...
: http://www.chocphoto.com

Old November 25th 05, 09:34 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

I reinterate the conversation was on Jeeps reguardless of if it is a 4x4
forum and there was no mention of a POS rover in the entire conversation.
Take a long walk off a short pier or learn to follow the conversation JAFDH.

--
Coasty
Remove The SPOOGE To Reply
news

Old November 25th 05, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

"TheSnoMan" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Coasty wrote:
>> "TheSnoMan" > wrote in message
>> ink.net...

rthlink.net...

> [...]
.. .

>>>How about 4 so far and currently two and the AMC engines where far better
>>>than the Chysler mills. I have a 79 J20 that I have had for about 20
>>>years now. It started life in farm service then when I got it it towed
>>>horse trailers for many years and plowed snow too and it STILL runs good
>>>and tranny works like new too. It has had a extremely hard life. AMC/Jeed
>>>used to use a heaiver D44 than anybody else did in the front of full size
>>>vehicles (thicker axle tubes) and mine has never broken any driveline
>>>parts even pushing snow with 2000lbs in the bed up a drifted lane with 4
>>>chained tires spining. Dodge did not hurt it too much but Dalhmer is
>>>really kinda clueless as to what a Jeep is and stands for as the Liberty
>>>proves.
>>>--
>>>
>>>-----------------
>>>www.thesnoman.com

>> I agree about the AMC engines but over all the Wranglers are better today
>> are better than they were a Rubicon is the altimate 4x4. As far as the
>> Liberty, it is a grocery getter with minor 4x4 capability. The Cherokee
>> and the unlimited are becoming the high $$ vehicles to comptet with Land
>> Rover and Lexus. However, taken what they are I would own a Jeep before
>> any other 4x4 SUV.
>>
>> I go to a place in PA that is an off road park called Paragon and overall
>> the Jeep line kicks off road butt compaired to all others. Last week end
>> I was in WV and we had a Ford explorer, a Chevy Trailblazer and a Dodge
>> Dakota. Well, guess who kept getting stuck and bogged down it wasn't the
>> JeepWranglers or the two Cherokees.

> Thats because Dalhmer has not redesign the Wrangler yet and it still goes
> back to its AMC roots with minor changes. Give them time and Dalhmer will
> screw that one up too.
>
> --
>
> -----------------
> www.thesnoman.com

Yep, it is only a matter of time. Like many good things they disappear.
2004 was the year they put the I-6 in the Cherokees. Now they come with the
V-6 same HP and torque and sucky gas milage. Thank goodness they have not
done it to the Wrangler yet.

--
Coasty
Remove The SPOOGE To Reply

Old November 25th 05, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

"Coasty" > wrote in message
>I reinterate the conversation was on Jeeps reguardless of if it is a 4x4
>forum and there was no mention of a POS rover in the entire conversation.
>Take a long walk off a short pier or learn to follow the conversation
>JAFDH.
>
> --
> Coasty
> Remove The SPOOGE To Reply
> "Lon" > wrote in message
> news
>> Coasty proclaimed:
>>
>>> A little OT we were talking about Jeeps not POS over priced rovers.
>>>

>> The newsgroup is rec.autos.4x4, not limited to jeeps.

The original poster asked about SUVs and didn't limit it to JEEPS.

I drive a Jeep but have used Discos and 110s in Nepal and they are much
better than Jeeps there but I agree very pricey - If I could afford one, I
would walk away - no make that run away - from DC products - nothing but
trouble generally but great 4x4

Bill

Old November 26th 05, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Coasty proclaimed:

> I reinterate the conversation was on Jeeps reguardless of if it is a 4x4
> forum and there was no mention of a POS rover in the entire conversation.
> Take a long walk off a short pier or learn to follow the conversation JAFDH.

Ahh, sorry, didn't recognize that I was daring to correct one so
intelligent, informed, and erudite. Now get off the computer before I
tell your big sister on you and she makes you wear those girlie pants to
kindergarten again.

Old November 26th 05, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Been happy w/ my ML430, 112k miles now and going strong. A bid of a
gashog though ;<)

Old November 27th 05, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:05:06 +0200, "Peter" >
wrote:

>What is considered the most reliable SUV out there (AND with decent
>handling!)? I have very good experience with Isuzu Trooper (and mediocre
>with Dodge), and would consider another Trooper but am unsure how their
>diesel engines perform (want turbo diesel this time)...
>
>Also, I hear Toyota Lancruisers are very reliable but they're one of the
>most expensive ones...
>
>TIA,
>Peter

something with the Toyota brand name...