U.S.seeks 16.4 million fine against Toyota

Old April 6th 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default U.S.seeks 16.4 million fine against Toyota

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=287035

fed govt, Always got their mitts in everybodys pockets!
cuhulin

Old April 6th 10, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

wrote in
:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=287035

> fed govt, Always got their mitts in everybodys pockets!
> cuhulin

That's ok, I'm sure Toyota will get their money back - and more
the same way eventually.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
Old April 6th 10, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=287035
>
> fed govt, Always got their mitts in everybodys pockets!
> cuhulin

That really isnt a lot of money in the greater scheme of things. Now,
whether anything at all is justified is another question.

Old April 6th 10, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_2_]

> wrote in message
> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=287035
>
> fed govt, Always got their mitts in everybodys pockets!
> cuhulin

NHTSA should fine itself. I am sure Toyota had a unintended
acceleration problem and I am sure Toyota worked to minimize the NHTSA
response to the complaints of unintended acceleration, BUT NHTSA had
tons of complaints and was warned by State Farm Insurance that there
was a problem. NHTSA decided to accept a half-baked Toyota explanation
and let things slide. Only after the press jumped on Toyota did NHTSA
go into ass covering mode and try to pretend they were shocked that
there was a problem.

If NHTSA had done it's job in 2007, there would have been no media
feeding frenzy over Toyota UA this year.

Ed

Old April 7th 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 16:26:25 -0400, C. E. White wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=287035
>>
>> fed govt, Always got their mitts in everybodys pockets! cuhulin

> NHTSA should fine itself. I am sure Toyota had a unintended acceleration
> problem and I am sure Toyota worked to minimize the NHTSA response to the
> complaints of unintended acceleration, BUT NHTSA had tons of complaints
> and was warned by State Farm Insurance that there was a problem. NHTSA
> decided to accept a half-baked Toyota explanation and let things slide.
> Only after the press jumped on Toyota did NHTSA go into ass covering mode
> and try to pretend they were shocked that there was a problem.
>
> If NHTSA had done it's job in 2007, there would have been no media feeding
> frenzy over Toyota UA this year.
>
> Ed

They need the money to shore up Government Motors.

Old April 7th 10, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 14:05:48 -0500, hls wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=287035
>>
>> fed govt, Always got their mitts in everybodys pockets! cuhulin

> That really isnt a lot of money in the greater scheme of things. Now,
> whether anything at all is justified is another question.

Add to that all the Class Action Lawsuits that will prop up (that will pay
the lawyers ~$23M, the pricnipals ~$4M, and everyone else gets a coupon
for an oil change...)

Old April 8th 10, 12:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_2_]

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 14:05:48 -0500, hls wrote:
>

>> > wrote in message
>>> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=287035
>>>
>>> fed govt, Always got their mitts in everybodys pockets! cuhulin

>> That really isnt a lot of money in the greater scheme of things.
>> Now,
>> whether anything at all is justified is another question.

> Add to that all the Class Action Lawsuits that will prop up (that
> will pay
> the lawyers ~$23M, the pricnipals ~$4M, and everyone else gets a
> coupon
> for an oil change...)

Were you complaining about these sorts of lawsuits when GM had to pay
out millions as a result of the side saddle gas tank Class Action
Lawsuits? There was never any statistical evidence to back up the
claim that those tanks were more dangerous than frame mounted tanks,
yet GM still had to pay million in civil judgements (like you say,
millions to lawyers and discount coupons to truck owners - a CROCK).

Ed

Old April 8th 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 07:46:37 -0400, C. E. White wrote:

>>> That really isnt a lot of money in the greater scheme of things. Now,
>>> whether anything at all is justified is another question.

>> Add to that all the Class Action Lawsuits that will prop up (that will
>> pay
>> the lawyers ~$23M, the pricnipals ~$4M, and everyone else gets a coupon
>> for an oil change...)

> Were you complaining about these sorts of lawsuits when GM had to pay out
> millions as a result of the side saddle gas tank Class Action Lawsuits?
> There was never any statistical evidence to back up the claim that those
> tanks were more dangerous than frame mounted tanks, yet GM still had to
> pay million in civil judgements (like you say, millions to lawyers and
> discount coupons to truck owners - a CROCK).
>
> Ed

But, they had it on TV showing one of those tanks blowing up!!!

Old April 8th 10, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_2_]

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 07:46:37 -0400, C. E. White wrote:

>>> Add to that all the Class Action Lawsuits that will prop up (that
>>> will
>>> pay
>>> the lawyers ~$23M, the pricnipals ~$4M, and everyone else gets a
>>> coupon
>>> for an oil change...)

>> Were you complaining about these sorts of lawsuits when GM had to
>> pay out
>> millions as a result of the side saddle gas tank Class Action
>> Lawsuits?
>> There was never any statistical evidence to back up the claim that
>> those
>> tanks were more dangerous than frame mounted tanks, yet GM still
>> had to
>> pay million in civil judgements (like you say, millions to lawyers
>> and
>> discount coupons to truck owners - a CROCK).
>>
>> Ed

> But, they had it on TV showing one of those tanks blowing up!!!

You mean after they spread around some gas and used model rocket
engines to get it buring?

Didn't ABC claim the Toyota were running away becasue of the
electronics?

Don't trust TV news shows!

Ed

Old April 8th 10, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 15:49:50 -0400, C. E. White wrote:

> "Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message

>>> Were you complaining about these sorts of lawsuits when GM had to pay
>>> out
>>> millions as a result of the side saddle gas tank Class Action Lawsuits?
>>> There was never any statistical evidence to back up the claim that
>>> those
>>> tanks were more dangerous than frame mounted tanks, yet GM still had to
>>> pay million in civil judgements (like you say, millions to lawyers and
>>> discount coupons to truck owners - a CROCK).
>>>
>>> Ed

>> But, they had it on TV showing one of those tanks blowing up!!!

> You mean after they spread around some gas and used model rocket engines
> to get it buring?

Yeah. Truth in reporting. "We may have dramatized it a little bit..."