Tyre balancing...

Old April 10th 09, 05:14 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Tom E

Default Tyre balancing...

is carried out at 200 rpm or so I assume as most balancing machines quote
this in their spec.

My 16" rims have tyre OD's of 24" I calculate they are travelling at 14.28
mph during balancing.

Is this the ultimate speed for such a process. Or is this the safest speed
for a tech to run a machine with such a large OD object. From my personal
experience out of balance tyres always seems to occur between 60 and 70 mph.

dj

Old April 11th 09, 04:40 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie[_2_]

In article >,
"Tom E" > wrote:

> is carried out at 200 rpm or so I assume as most balancing machines quote
> this in their spec.
>
> My 16" rims have tyre OD's of 24" I calculate they are travelling at 14.28
> mph during balancing.
>
> Is this the ultimate speed for such a process. Or is this the safest speed
> for a tech to run a machine with such a large OD object. From my personal
> experience out of balance tyres always seems to occur between 60 and 70 mph.
>
> dj

The balance shouldn't change significantly with speed. If it seems to,
it might actually be tires that aren't perfectly round or centered.
That could be a defect, damage, or temporary deforming after being
parked.

--
I will not see your reply if you use Google.
Old April 14th 09, 07:58 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave[_42_]

"Tom E" > wrote in message
> is carried out at 200 rpm or so I assume as most balancing machines quote
> this in their spec.
>
> My 16" rims have tyre OD's of 24" I calculate they are travelling at 14.28
> mph during balancing.
>
> Is this the ultimate speed for such a process. Or is this the safest speed
> for a tech to run a machine with such a large OD object. From my personal
> experience out of balance tyres always seems to occur between 60 and 70
> mph.

In my experience, balance problems are down to poor workmanship on the part
of the fitter. They've always been rectified by a second balancing visit.

Old April 27th 09, 01:00 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Sure they go up to 300 RPM, and can resolve imbalances to 0.5g. So
it's not how fast they can go, but how accurately they can measure.

Hunter Engineering -- why would you want anything less?
http://www.hunter.com/PUB/product/ba...T/4159T-02.htm

On Apr 10, 9:14*am, "Tom E" > wrote:
> is carried out at 200 rpm or so I assume as most balancing machines quote
> this in their spec.
>
> My 16" rims have tyre OD's of 24" I calculate they are travelling at 14.28
> mph during balancing.
>
> Is this the ultimate speed for such a process. Or is this the safest speed
> for a tech to run a machine with such a large OD object. From my personal
> experience out of balance tyres always seems to occur between 60 and 70 mph.
>
> dj

Flywheel balancing question? [email protected] Ford Mustang 4 May 21st 07 07:11 AM
Half-shaft balancing Stekicar Dodge 4 February 21st 07 04:32 AM
Balancing or other? SilentBob BMW 11 February 16th 07 08:55 AM
Balancing TerryB VW air cooled 16 April 1st 05 04:43 PM
Balancing an engine.... XxJoSHiExX Ford Mustang 3 December 19th 04 01:06 AM