Attn: Dave Henrie

Old February 24th 05, 07:47 PM
Ped Xing

Default Attn: Dave Henrie

Hi, have you seen this mod?

http://www.simhq.com/_motorsports/motorsports_046a.html

--
Ped Xing
Old February 25th 05, 01:35 AM
Dave Henrie

Ped Xing > wrote in news:Xns960796D3F3623pedx1nglycoscom@
140.99.99.130:

> http://www.simhq.com/_motorsports/motorsports_046a.html

Thankyou, yes...I have...I have a private demo even with ST. Pete and
Kali-For-nyuh. I'm excited about this..should be out soon...(of course if
you know anything about the history of CART/Champcar mods...the worst thing
you can read is...'out soon!')

dave henrie
ps..thanks for the link, I had NOT seen that.

Old February 25th 05, 04:18 AM
elrikk

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> Ped Xing > wrote in

> 140.99.99.130:
>
> > http://www.simhq.com/_motorsports/motorsports_046a.html

> Thankyou, yes...I have...I have a private demo even with ST. Pete and
> Kali-For-nyuh. I'm excited about this..should be out soon...(of course if
> you know anything about the history of CART/Champcar mods...the worst

thing
> you can read is...'out soon!')
>
> dave henrie
> ps..thanks for the link, I had NOT seen that.

This brings up a problem Dave.

You see what this sim (mod) is going to need is someone to oversee it,
someone to take care of it, to make sure that we get the full impact of all
that U.S. open wheel racing is all about.

I think that the first problem that will need some attention is the tracks.

What do you think Dave; Road courses or Ovals ?

Elrikk

PS. I know. And I'm already sorry. ;o)

Old February 25th 05, 01:53 PM
Dave Henrie

"elrikk" > wrote in
:

> This brings up a problem Dave.
>
> You see what this sim (mod) is going to need is someone to oversee it,
> someone to take care of it, to make sure that we get the full impact
> of all that U.S. open wheel racing is all about.
>
> I think that the first problem that will need some attention is the
> tracks.
>
> What do you think Dave; Road courses or Ovals ?
>

> Elrikk
>

> PS. I know. And I'm already sorry. ;o)

Given the way the current schedule has been crafted, it looks like the
bulk of the circuits will be city street tracks. San Jose, Calgary, Long
Beach, Denver, Toronto. Some of the classic US road courses have been
dropped, Mid Ohio and Laguna Seca and maybe even Road America, at least
Portland's road course is gonna stay.
One zinger that the review did not mention was the hack that allows the
'Push to Pass' button. I haven't seen this feature yet, but according to
the thread on RSC, it almost sounds like they made that option too
powerful.

At least one league is getting ready, but so far it looks like they will
be using the first F1c Champcar mod, based on the 2003 season as their
vehicle.
http://www.virtualmotorsport.net/Por...ge=3&league=34

IDT has already converted or crafted many of the tracks, They have a
reworked Vancouver ready for the mod and Denver I believe. THey plan to
create folders for most of the previously created third party tracks like
Laguna and Road America etc so that users can just copy the big mas file
into a circuits folder and the mod should then be able to run the tracks.
The Oval I'm looking forward to is Milwaukee. The flat one miler should be
a challenge. I still remember the SuperDownforce cars of Indycar Racing 1,
you could run Milwaukee flat out without braking or lifting for the
corners. It was kinda spooky how hard you could go there. From ICR2 on,
though, it was a much more difficult drive,

dave henrie
Old February 25th 05, 05:02 PM
Pickaxe

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> Ped Xing > wrote in
> I'm excited about this..should be out soon...(of course if
> you know anything about the history of CART/Champcar mods...the worst
> thing
> you can read is...'out soon!')

Finishing touches are being put on - correcting erroneous graphics, crossing
the t's, dotting the i's. Hopefully (!), it will be released within the next
few weeks.