96 Buick - No Hot Start

Old May 21st 09, 12:00 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
PeterD

Default 96 Buick - No Hot Start

On Wed, 20 May 2009 12:04:18 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
> wrote:

>"ben91932" > wrote in message
>> Wow...
>> I've read this thread through and 3 things come to mind:
>> 1 If me or countless others on this group had spent as much time
>> diagnosing that car as you have spent at the keyboard the car would be
>> fixed several times over.
>> 2 Does it rain in your world?
>> 3 I quick re-read of 'How to win friends and influence people' may
>> serve you well.
>>
>> Once again,
>> Good Luck!
>>
>> Ben

>It's helpful to include the attributes and the appropriate sections of text
>in a reply, so others understand who you are responding to, and what
>specific comment.

If the OP had as much skill at fixing cars as he has at sniping at
those who try to help him, the car would have been fixed long ago
too...

Sadly, he was a troll, not worth the time anymore.
Old May 21st 09, 03:26 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
snuckfoe

"aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Snuckfoe" > wrote:
>
> > 1996 Buick Regal, 3.8L NA, ~ 85K Miles
> >
> > Starts and runs fine until fully warm (approx. 1/4
> > temp. sweep range), then dies and won't restart
> > despite cranking fast (normal), having spark (at
> > coil pack secondaries) and fuel sprays at rail
> > bleeder shrader valve when depressed. It will
> > run while using starting fluid, but again stops
> > when that spray is discontinued. It starts and
> > runs fine again when cold. This scenario is fully
> > repeatable everytime it reaches full temp and
> > restarts everytime it's cold. The "service engine"
> > light does not come on (although the bulb works
> > and illuminates normally during the key on test)
> > and an Auto Zone scan doesn't show any stored
> > fault codes. I've not yet checked the fuel pump
> > or its relay but expect those may not be the issue,
> > although I realize the pressure COULD be too
> > low or the relay might be losing its signal/power
> > supply. Other guesses are that the injectors aren't
> > receiving a signal to open or spark is occurring
> > at the wrong time (unlikely as it neither backfires
> > nor cranks too fast or too slow).
> >
> > Any advice, thoughts, opinions or experience
> > with this type of problem that you may have to
> > share would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanx for your time.

> Obviously either a fuel delivery or fuel supply problem.
>
> You need to test the fuel pressure when the failure occurs. it's
> possible based on your description that the fuel pump is failing as it
> heats up.
>
> Injector signal, the injectors are easy to get to, you can connect a
> test light across a few of them to see if injector pulse is being lost.
>
> Use a stethoscope to listen to the injectors, do you hear them click?
>
> If the failure pattern is as repeatable as you state, it shouldn't take
> more than a half hour to track it down.

It's neither my car nor do I have easy access, that much
time to devote to it or anyone to assist me if and when
that need should arise .Thank for your reply and advice.

Old May 21st 09, 03:28 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
snuckfoe

"ben91932" > wrote in message

> > Your input has yet again proved to be worthless in
> > toto; let me guess, you've heard that before and it
> > is in fact the story of your life.

> Good luck and Godspeed my friend!

A clearly cynical, religious hypocrite implicitly subscribing
to and espousing a belief in fables and children's fairy tales.
How truly precious. I somehow knew that you too would
be good for at least one more (and hopefully not your last)
if not an unrestrained guffaw,.then surely a healthy chortle.

Old May 21st 09, 03:32 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
snuckfoe

"PeterD" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 May 2009 12:04:18 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
> > wrote:
>

> >"ben91932" > wrote in message
> >> Wow...
> >> I've read this thread through and 3 things come to mind:
> >> 1 If me or countless others on this group had spent as much time
> >> diagnosing that car as you have spent at the keyboard the car would be
> >> fixed several times over.
> >> 2 Does it rain in your world?
> >> 3 I quick re-read of 'How to win friends and influence people' may
> >> serve you well.
> >>
> >> Once again,
> >> Good Luck!
> >>
> >> Ben

> >It's helpful to include the attributes and the appropriate sections of

text
> >in a reply, so others understand who you are responding to, and what
> >specific comment.

> If the OP had as much skill at fixing cars as he has at sniping at
> those who try to help him, the car would have been fixed long ago
> too...
>
> Sadly, he was a troll, not worth the time anymore.

Nonsense! With an incompetent protagonist like
you, an antagonist would surely be redundant.

But didn't you ALREADY promise that you were
done with this topic? I, for one, knew better, didn't
take you at your word on that either, and of course
was yet again proven to be right. So do finally and
kindly spare us all from your chronic obsessive
compulsion and crocodile tears, accept your losses
and move on. Or not. But don't do it for me. (The
truth of the matter being I don't really care, much
of what I pen is intended as an outre snicker born
of ennui, specifically designed for delivery to the
pompous and humor impaired.) Palatably stated
as possible, do it for yourself; I wouldn't be at all
surprised to later learn that it was of benefit to you.

Old May 21st 09, 03:55 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
80 Knight[_7_]

"Snuckfoe" > wrote in message
> "ben91932" > wrote in message
>>
>> > Your input has yet again proved to be worthless in
>> > toto; let me guess, you've heard that before and it
>> > is in fact the story of your life.

>> Good luck and Godspeed my friend!

> A clearly cynical, religious hypocrite implicitly subscribing
> to and espousing a belief in fables and children's fairy tales.
> How truly precious. I somehow knew that you too would
> be good for at least one more (and hopefully not your last)
> if not an unrestrained guffaw,.then surely a healthy chortle.

Umm...Have you managed to fix your vehicle yet? I must admit, when you
first came in the GM group, you seemed to honestly be looking for help at
repairing an automobile. You have since then, gone so far off topic, I'd be
surprised if anyone even recalls what exactly it was. You use a lot of big,
pretty words, in long, drenched out post's, but in the end, I see you as no
better then the person you are replying too.

Old May 21st 09, 06:49 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
snuckfoe

"80 Knight" > wrote in message

> >> Good luck and Godspeed my friend!

> > A clearly cynical, religious hypocrite implicitly subscribing
> > to and espousing a belief in fables and children's fairy tales.
> > How truly precious. I somehow knew that you too would
> > be good for at least one more (and hopefully not your last)
> > if not an unrestrained guffaw,.then surely a healthy chortle.

> Umm...Have you managed to fix your vehicle yet?

Once again for the reading comprehension challenged,
it's not my vehicle, and I haven't had an opportunity to
return to it as yet, but thanx for asking.

> I must admit, when you
> first came in the GM group, you seemed to honestly be looking for help at
> repairing an automobile.

I was actually no more than soliciting opinions.

> You have since then, gone so far off topic, I'd be
> surprised if anyone even recalls what exactly it was.

If making that discovery renders that much of a difficulty
for readers, then they're quite certain to be of little value..

> You use a lot of big,
> pretty words, in long, drenched out post's,

Oh please. This is beginning to resemble: 'when you can't
argue the facts, argue the vocabulary'. And when that
occurs, could 'and when you can't argue the vocabulary,
call your opponent names' really be all that far behind?

> but in the end, I see you as no
> better then the person you are replying too.

Should you have somehow not noticed and require spoon-
feeding I am in fact, to those deserving, respectful to a fault.
Some might even charge my approach as being obsequious.
But in the final analysis, as you alluded to, I'm not exactly a
shrinking violet, don't particularly suffer fools (or those that
play games, are disrespectful, denigrate, make light of
what I say or do ...) all that gladly and haven't the slightest
problem with doling out to them "at least as good as I get".

Old May 21st 09, 07:22 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
80 Knight[_7_]

"Snuckfoe" > wrote in message
> "80 Knight" > wrote in message

>> > A clearly cynical, religious hypocrite implicitly subscribing
>> > to and espousing a belief in fables and children's fairy tales.
>> > How truly precious. I somehow knew that you too would
>> > be good for at least one more (and hopefully not your last)
>> > if not an unrestrained guffaw,.then surely a healthy chortle.

>> Umm...Have you managed to fix your vehicle yet?

> Once again for the reading comprehension challenged,
> it's not my vehicle, and I haven't had an opportunity to
> return to it as yet, but thanx for asking.
>
>> I must admit, when you
>> first came in the GM group, you seemed to honestly be looking for help at
>> repairing an automobile.

> I was actually no more than soliciting opinions.
>
>> You have since then, gone so far off topic, I'd be
>> surprised if anyone even recalls what exactly it was.

> If making that discovery renders that much of a difficulty
> for readers, then they're quite certain to be of little value..
>
>> You use a lot of big,
>> pretty words, in long, drenched out post's,

> Oh please. This is beginning to resemble: 'when you can't
> argue the facts, argue the vocabulary'. And when that
> occurs, could 'and when you can't argue the vocabulary,
> call your opponent names' really be all that far behind?
>
>> but in the end, I see you as no
>> better then the person you are replying too.

> Should you have somehow not noticed and require spoon-
> feeding I am in fact, to those deserving, respectful to a fault.
> Some might even charge my approach as being obsequious.
> But in the final analysis, as you alluded to, I'm not exactly a
> shrinking violet, don't particularly suffer fools (or those that
> play games, are disrespectful, denigrate, make light of
> what I say or do ...) all that gladly and haven't the slightest
> problem with doling out to them "at least as good as I get".

If this is the way you act in real life, I doubt you have many friends
either. You are absolutely free to do what you want, but if you come into a
newsgroup for the first time, and act the way you are acting, I wouldn't
plan on getting much more assistance down the road. Then again, you have
claimed you don't require any assistance, and can solve any problem on your
own, which makes me think you are a mere Troll, here to annoy the people of
the group. May I introduce you to "Canuck", "Jim Higgins", and
"Bjorn/Gosi". Perhaps you four can have at it.

Old May 21st 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Rodan

"Snuckfoe" wrote: <Paraphrased>

For the reading-comprehension challenged:

1.) I am not a shrinking violet.
2.) I am respectful to those who "deserve" my respect.
3.) I dole out to fools "at least as good as I get".
4.) I was actually no more than soliciting opinions.

Actually, Violet, you are a troll. You solicit opinions,
then use personal slurs against those who respond.
Your advantage over sincere posters is that they are
cursed with a disease called Courtesy, and they are
unable to 'give at least as good as they get'.

Rodan.

Old May 22nd 09, 03:37 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
snuckfoe

"80 Knight" > wrote in message
> "Snuckfoe" > wrote in message

> >> Umm...Have you managed to fix your vehicle yet?

> > Once again for the reading comprehension challenged,
> > it's not my vehicle, and I haven't had an opportunity to
> > return to it as yet, but thanx for asking.
> >
> >> I must admit, when you
> >> first came in the GM group, you seemed to honestly be looking for help

at
> >> repairing an automobile.

> > I was actually no more than soliciting opinions.
> >
> >> You have since then, gone so far off topic, I'd be
> >> surprised if anyone even recalls what exactly it was.

> > If making that discovery renders that much of a difficulty
> > for readers, then they're quite certain to be of little value..
> >
> >> You use a lot of big,
> >> pretty words, in long, drenched out post's,

> > Oh please. This is beginning to resemble: 'when you can't
> > argue the facts, argue the vocabulary'. And when that
> > occurs, could 'and when you can't argue the vocabulary,
> > call your opponent names' really be all that far behind?
> >
> >> but in the end, I see you as no
> >> better then the person you are replying too.

> > Should you have somehow not noticed and require spoon-
> > feeding I am in fact, to those deserving, respectful to a fault.
> > Some might even charge my approach as being obsequious.
> > But in the final analysis, as you alluded to, I'm not exactly a
> > shrinking violet, don't particularly suffer fools (or those that
> > play games, are disrespectful, denigrate, make light of
> > what I say or do ...) all that gladly and haven't the slightest
> > problem with doling out to them "at least as good as I get".

> If this is the way you act in real life, I doubt you have many friends
> either.

It boggles the mind to imagine why a total stranger would
possbily care enough to pontificate about such a matter.
What exactly might it be that leads you to expect that anyone,
anywhere could care less about your self-absorbed personal
opinions? You're not an iota shy of thoroughly delusional.

> You are absolutely free to do what you want,

Thanx much for your apparently requisite permission.

> but if you come into a
> newsgroup for the first time, and act the way you are acting, I wouldn't
> plan on getting much more assistance down the road.

I sincerely regret to inform you that I've been an irregular
in and out of untold numbers of usenet newsgroups, to
include this and others now defunct, since the early '90s.
It has always been (for me) the ever increasing numbers of
spammers, dilettantes, and other clowns such as yourself
that can and do so effectively exacerbate disinterest.

> Then again, you have
> claimed you don't require any assistance, and can solve any problem on

your
> own,

What I've IN FACT said on the subject was:

"Trust me, my track record provides proof positive that I'm
significantly more than simply reasonably "compentent" (sic)."

and

"You may rest assured in the most certain knowledge and
I personally guarantee that, as with every such problem I
approach (I can't recall the last time I needed to resort to
bringing ANY item to others for repair), I will yet once
again successfully effect repairs."

and

"I rely very little upon and luck plays and resultingly has
an exceedingly small role in the problems I encounter
and resolve."

and

"... regarding its successful repair upon the next
occasion of my return to the project (it isn't my vehicle),
as 'Baretta' used to say, "you can take that to the bank".

And absolutely none of it is now, nor has it ever been,
an idle claim or the most minute exaggeration junior.

> which makes me think you are a mere Troll, here to annoy the people of
> the group.

If I annoy the netcops, the pretentious, the supercilious,
the disrespectful, the pompous asses, the self-appointed
leaders and spokespersons (again, like yourself) ... that's
simply a bonus, and all the better from my perspective.

> May I introduce you to "Canuck", "Jim Higgins", and
> "Bjorn/Gosi". Perhaps you four can have at it.

"I'm forever in debt to your (unsolicited) priceless advice"
about how I should manage my personal affairs. I can't
fathom actually having made it lo these three score plus
years without your invaluable guidance and counseling.

Old May 22nd 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
snuckfoe

"Rodan" > wrote in message
> "Snuckfoe" wrote: <Paraphrased>
>
> For the reading-comprehension challenged:
>
> 1.) I am not a shrinking violet.
> 2.) I am respectful to those who "deserve" my respect.
> 3.) I dole out to fools "at least as good as I get".
> 4.) I was actually no more than soliciting opinions.
>
> Actually, Violet, you are a troll. You solicit opinions,
> then use personal slurs against those who respond.
> Your advantage over sincere posters is that they are
> cursed with a disease called Courtesy, and they are
> unable to 'give at least as good as they get'.
>
> Rodan.

You're repeating yourself again; and as always, wholly
unsuccessfully. Do try to get either some competent
professional help or at least some therapeutic rest.