Clicking noise near right headlamp door

Old November 26th 06, 07:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Vern

Default Clicking noise near right headlamp door

Hi,

I have a 92 LT1 coupe.

When I turn the headlights off or go from parking lights to off, the
doors close OK but afterwards there is a clicking noise for about 5
secs.

I haven't looked at it real close yet.

Anyone experience that ?

Thanks, Vern

Old November 26th 06, 09:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Charlie[_1_]

Yes, it's common when one of the internal parts of the mechanism is on the
way out. I've totally rebuilt both sides on my 93 vert., it's not that hard
to do. I replaced the plastic gear with a set of the brass ones from one of
the mail order places and got knew nylon bushings from the dealer. I had
one other problem and that was the part that was on the shaft stripped, I
drilled a small hole through both and used a roll pin. It's now better than
knew. Be sure to clean out the old plastic from the old gear, it looks like
yellow dust and gets packed everywhere. Hope this helps. Knew motors are
expensive and you end up with the same bad design as you are trying to
recover from.

ups.com...

Old November 27th 06, 01:27 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Vern

Ok, Thanks Charlie.
I figured about as much. In all I've been real lucky since I bought it
2 years ago with 106K mi, all I have had to repair is the water pump
and a new battery.

I'm not very handy but will look into that.

Old November 27th 06, 03:21 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Charlie[_1_]

Where are you located?

oups.com...

Old November 27th 06, 04:51 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

You need new nylon bushings in the headlight motor transmissions.
There is a great tutorial on the web for C4 headlight bushing replacement.
Maybe someone will post the link. Or "i'll look later when I get a chance.
I did mine and it really wasn't hard at all.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson
Old November 27th 06, 06:10 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

.. .

http://www.corvettefever.com/howto/33098/

Old November 27th 06, 11:40 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Vern

Thanks Dad !

That's what I need !

Charlie, I'm in Virginia...great weather today...72 tomorrow....may
take the top off !

~ Vern

Old November 29th 06, 02:41 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Scubabix

I think it was Corvette magazine last month had a step-by-step article on
how to fix it. Check their website, it might have the article.

Rob

oups.com...