Is the Ford Explorer good for illegal street races ???

Old October 26th 04, 05:15 AM
Karl-Hugo Weesberg

Default Is the Ford Explorer good for illegal street races ???

My friends say that my Fors Explorer is slow and I can never beat them.

Is that true ?

Can I upgrade the car for the street races?

It's important to be faster than the cops, that's rule #1!
Old October 26th 04, 12:44 PM
Dave Cilluffo

Karl-Hugo Weesberg wrote:
> My friends say that my Fors Explorer is slow and I can never beat them.
>
> Is that true ?
>
> Can I upgrade the car for the street races?
>
> It's important to be faster than the cops, that's rule #1!

The Explorer in my experience is the fastest thing on the street. I
would suggest pulling up to a stoplight next to a cop and leaving him in
your dust. Then post here and let me know how it worked out for you.
Old October 26th 04, 07:33 PM
Ulysses

Yea. The only time I ever got a ticket is when I pulled over cause I
thought it was an ambulance behind me.

Old October 26th 04, 07:47 PM
Big Shoe

Depends on the meaning of "good"!

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:33:51 -0700, "Ulysses"
> wrote:

>Yea. The only time I ever got a ticket is when I pulled over cause I
>thought it was an ambulance behind me.

. ..

Old October 26th 04, 08:05 PM
351CJ

Yes especially when you have added "much rice"!

m...

Old October 26th 04, 10:22 PM
Jonah

I've added a nitrous system, a turbocharger and a blower to mine, plus a
full race cam, .090" overbored pistons, racing stripes and a rear
spoiler to keep the slicks on the ground. My best 1/4 mile time is 6.22
sec @ 289 mph. Keep up with that flatfoot!

Old October 27th 04, 03:23 AM
Ron

Remove the muffler first if you need that NASCAR sound. Did I say that
#1 diesel fuel in the tank will add about 5000 BTU to the engine.

Enjoy-----------------------------

Old October 27th 04, 06:06 AM
Chief_Wiggum

Hell ya!

Just last week I left a Bounder, and 2 Winnebago's with V10's in the dust!

these sucka's are Q W I K!

Next week I'm gunning for the ice-cream truck

"Karl-Hugo Weesberg" > wrote in message
m...
> My friends say that my Fors Explorer is slow and I can never beat them.
>
> Is that true ?
>
> Can I upgrade the car for the street races?
>
> It's important to be faster than the cops, that's rule #1!

Good Good Deals! Brendan Carpenter Dodge 0 April 20th 04 04:05 AM
Ford Explorer tires Dan 4x4 2 February 28th 04 06:21 AM
FS 1996 Ford Explorer XLT (No. CA) John B. Parisi 4x4 0 January 4th 04 08:41 PM