Is possible...?

Old April 22nd 11, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
kirita

Default Is possible...?

Buy a mustang in America and translate to sPAin?
Is very expensive?
i looking for a this car for the year 90
The price in europe is most expensive than America, more expensive

Old April 22nd 11, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 4/21/2011 18:20, kirita wrote:
> Buy a mustang in America and translate to sPAin?

Yes, but there may be laws there about what you can and can not
import and what has to be done to it for safety regulations.

> Is very expensive?

That's relative, to me when I price importing a car from Australia
it was expensive.

Old May 2nd 11, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake "WindsorFox<SS>" > :

>On 4/21/2011 18:20, kirita wrote:
>> Buy a mustang in America and translate to sPAin?

> Yes, but there may be laws there about what you can and can not
>import and what has to be done to it for safety regulations.

I found it interesting a while back that some US requirements don't
exist in Europe and some European requirements are done in the US. And
emissions are crazy since each measures things differently and have
different goals and objectives.

But he says 1990, so there might be some grandfather clauses. I might
only have to meet 1990 specs. Or maybe it has to perform as a 2011
model. (choke, chortle)

>> Is very expensive?

> That's relative, to me when I price importing a car from Australia
>it was expensive.

Yeah. As soon as the car rolls on to the ship, you're already in a
couple of grand. And this is before you tell the shipping company
where you're going with it.

--

- dillon I am not invalid

An object's desireability to a dog is directly
proportional to its desireability to another dog.

Old May 2nd 11, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-04-21, kirita > wrote:
> Buy a mustang in America and translate to sPAin?
> Is very expensive?
> i looking for a this car for the year 90
> The price in europe is most expensive than America, more expensive

I figure it depends on EU law these days. Spain may have additional
requirements. I am not sure if the EU has an antique exemption. In the
USA we can import a car over 25 years old without most of the hassle
that makes importing cars impossible here. Since it is a 1990 model it
would be best to check, if the cut off is 20 years that would be great,
but you probably won't be that lucky.

For regular cars EU requirements involve changing the car's lighting
to meet EU specs. This means you'll need to find a way to fit ECE
headlamps and amber turn signals. But I do believe that 1990 Mustangs or
some other year fox mustang had amber turn signals which would make that
part easy. Side turn signal repeaters would also need to be installed.
Those wouldn't be difficult. The big problem will be head lamps.

That's about everything I know on the subject.

Old May 2nd 11, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess[_2_]

"Brent" > wrote in message
> On 2011-04-21, kirita >
> wrote:
>> Buy a mustang in America and translate to sPAin?
>> Is very expensive?
>> i looking for a this car for the year 90
>> The price in europe is most expensive than America, more expensive

> I figure it depends on EU law these days. Spain may have additional
> requirements. I am not sure if the EU has an antique exemption. In the
> USA we can import a car over 25 years old without most of the hassle
> that makes importing cars impossible here. Since it is a 1990 model it
> would be best to check, if the cut off is 20 years that would be great,
> but you probably won't be that lucky.
>
> For regular cars EU requirements involve changing the car's lighting
> to meet EU specs. This means you'll need to find a way to fit ECE
> headlamps and amber turn signals. But I do believe that 1990 Mustangs or
> some other year fox mustang had amber turn signals which would make that
> part easy. Side turn signal repeaters would also need to be installed.
> Those wouldn't be difficult. The big problem will be head lamps.
>
> That's about everything I know on the subject.

On one of the Mustang message sites there was a fellow writing questions
from España, a year or so ago. Seems to me had a 2006 GT. Someone out there
knows how to get a Mustang to Iberia.

--
Frank ess

Old May 3rd 11, 10:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D E Willson

On Sun, 01 May 2011 17:02:31 -0700, Dillon Pyron
> wrote:

>Thus spake "WindsorFox<SS>" > :
>
>>On 4/21/2011 18:20, kirita wrote:
>>> Buy a mustang in America and translate to sPAin?

>> Yes, but there may be laws there about what you can and can not
>>import and what has to be done to it for safety regulations.

>I found it interesting a while back that some US requirements don't
>exist in Europe and some European requirements are done in the US. And
>emissions are crazy since each measures things differently and have
>different goals and objectives.
>
>But he says 1990, so there might be some grandfather clauses. I might
>only have to meet 1990 specs. Or maybe it has to perform as a 2011
>model. (choke, chortle)
>
>>> Is very expensive?

>> That's relative, to me when I price importing a car from Australia
>>it was expensive.

>Yeah. As soon as the car rolls on to the ship, you're already in a
>couple of grand. And this is before you tell the shipping company
>where you're going with it.
>

>>> i looking for a this car for the year 90
>>> The price in europe is most expensive than America, more expensive

We have the same kinds of problems between the states. California
emission standards are stricter than many other states. On top of
that, there are vehicle codes restricting modifications to vehicles.
For example, how high or low a bumper is permitted. Headlight
restrictions. Taillight restrictions. Just as the guys at Mustangs
Plus where a Mustang brought into the state, which met US smog (which
was the same for all states for that model year), and California
demanded that they show proof the car met the CA standards or remove
the car from the state. They just would not accept that the same smog
equipment existed on all Mustangs of that year model in all the
states.

It's crazy!