Hazet Reproduction Tool Kit?

Old April 27th 05, 08:37 PM
Tom Nakashima

Default Hazet Reproduction Tool Kit?

I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of the Hazet Reproduction Tool Kit.
The repro-D kit price runs from $80.00-$135.00. How are the quality of the
tools compared to the original? The original Hazet tool kit is priced
pretty high, from $500.00- over $1K. What makes these original tool kits so
popular?

http://www.oldspeed.net/prix/images/...tool_kit_g.jpg

http://www.thebugshop.org/images/site/rndtools.jpg

-tom

Old April 27th 05, 09:00 PM
Howard Rose

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:37:04 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"
> wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of the Hazet Reproduction Tool Kit.
>The repro-D kit price runs from $80.00-$135.00. How are the quality of the
>tools compared to the original? The original Hazet tool kit is priced
>pretty high, from $500.00- over $1K. What makes these original tool kits so
>popular?

Bear in mind one thing, Tom. These toolkits where designed for the
1965 and older wheels, so will not fit 1966 cars. The way the hubcap
fits on the '66 wheel means that apparently these toolkits will not
fit them. Apparently there is a '66 version, but I've never seen one.

The reproduction toolkits are nice, but lets just say the tools in
them look more ornamental than practical!

--
Howard Rose
1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe
Old April 27th 05, 09:37 PM
Tom Nakashima

"Howard Rose" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:37:04 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"
> > wrote:
>
> >I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of the Hazet Reproduction Tool

Kit.
> >The repro-D kit price runs from $80.00-$135.00. How are the quality of

the
> >tools compared to the original? The original Hazet tool kit is priced
> >pretty high, from $500.00- over $1K. What makes these original tool kits

so
> >popular?

> Bear in mind one thing, Tom. These toolkits where designed for the
> 1965 and older wheels, so will not fit 1966 cars. The way the hubcap
> fits on the '66 wheel means that apparently these toolkits will not
> fit them. Apparently there is a '66 version, but I've never seen one.
>
> The reproduction toolkits are nice, but lets just say the tools in
> them look more ornamental than practical!
>
> --
> Howard Rose
> 1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe
> 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe
> 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
> http://www.howard81.co.uk/ (cars on website)

Thanks for the update Howard, I will never pay $500-$1k for a set of VW
tools.
Didn't know about the older Hazets designed for '65 and older.
I was looking for the cheap set of original VW tools in the pouch, but they
seem pretty high in price also.
The repro-d Hazet tire hub kit caught my eye so that's why I was questioning
the tools.
Think it's a good idea to carry an extra set of tools, fuses, and belt in my
'66.
-tom

Old April 28th 05, 01:31 AM
jjs

It's a non-functional piece of ****.

Old April 28th 05, 08:39 AM
P.J. Berg

jjs wrote:
> "Tom Nakashima" > wrote in message
>
>>I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of the Hazet Reproduction Tool Kit.

> It's a non-functional piece of ****.

Yup!

J.
Old April 29th 05, 09:15 AM
Kevin Holzer

Pouch wise -- check out Karmann Ghia Parts and Restoration.
One can get a set for 30 dollars, including the pouch.
-Kevin