Ford Explorer tires

Old February 28th 04, 04:25 AM
Dan

Default Ford Explorer tires

I have a 96 Ford Explorer,and am looking for some new tires.
My needs in order of importance a1 good in rain,snow,ice,2 tread
life,3 price,5 warranty. I am considering the Toyo 800 ultra,and the
Cooper Trendsetter SE.Any other suggestions/advice would be
appreciated
Old February 28th 04, 05:21 AM
.boB

Dan wrote:

>I have a 96 Ford Explorer,and am looking for some new tires.
>My needs in order of importance a1 good in rain,snow,ice,2 tread
>life,3 price,5 warranty. I am considering the Toyo 800 ultra,and the
>Cooper Trendsetter SE.Any other suggestions/advice would be
>appreciated

I have Micheling MTX M/S on my Dakota. Great tire. Drove through a
heavy snow storm in SW Colorado last month. Handled like a dream.
Cruising along at 40mph over Yellowjacket Pass, no slipping or sliding.
A very predictable, stable, quiet tire. Takes hard corners well, too.
From all reports, I expect to get at least 70,000 miles out of
these tires. They are an expensive tire, but with the high mileage
expected they end up being cheaper than most others in the long run.
Havn't done much off roading with them, just some muddy/snowy/icy
dirt roads. Didn't have any problems. They just dug in and went.

--
..boB
97 H-D FXDWG - Turbocharged!!

Old February 28th 04, 05:21 AM
.boB

Dan wrote:

>I have a 96 Ford Explorer,and am looking for some new tires.
>My needs in order of importance a1 good in rain,snow,ice,2 tread
>life,3 price,5 warranty. I am considering the Toyo 800 ultra,and the
>Cooper Trendsetter SE.Any other suggestions/advice would be
>appreciated

I have Micheling MTX M/S on my Dakota. Great tire. Drove through a
heavy snow storm in SW Colorado last month. Handled like a dream.
Cruising along at 40mph over Yellowjacket Pass, no slipping or sliding.
A very predictable, stable, quiet tire. Takes hard corners well, too.
From all reports, I expect to get at least 70,000 miles out of