Variable (50K) service on old A3 - UK price?

Old July 6th 04, 01:52 PM
Alex

Default Variable (50K) service on old A3 - UK price?

So my 2000 A3 1.6S has just told me to cue up the variable service, it's
done 50K miles. I live in the UK (Yorkshire), how much would this service
cost at an Audi dealer, in your view? What do they do at this service, btw?
I think I should maintain the Audi service history.

On another point my recent MOT advice was to replace two front tyres soon -
is it a good idea to have it done by Audi at the same time as the service,
in terms of cost? Presumably they will use use some 'Audi approved' tyres
(are they worth it?), but to be honest I would normally go to a good tyre
place nearby.

Cheers

Alex

Old July 8th 04, 06:50 PM
Chris Bartram

Alex wrote:
> So my 2000 A3 1.6S has just told me to cue up the variable service, it's
> done 50K miles. I live in the UK (Yorkshire), how much would this service
> cost at an Audi dealer, in your view? What do they do at this service, btw?
> I think I should maintain the Audi service history.
>
> On another point my recent MOT advice was to replace two front tyres soon -
> is it a good idea to have it done by Audi at the same time as the service,
> in terms of cost? Presumably they will use use some 'Audi approved' tyres
> (are they worth it?), but to be honest I would normally go to a good tyre
> place nearby.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alex

If you want to fit 'approved' tyres just fit the same as what is on
there now (chances are your rear tyres are still original?). Shop around
though. Get some prices elsewhere before phoning the dealer. You might
be pleasantly surprised (I was once at a seat dealer), but then again
you might get stiffed. Manufacturers fit various tyres, but always a
recognised brand: My A3 has Dunlops but I've seen newer ones with
Continentals as original fit IIRC.
As regards the service: If it's any help last year I paid about £360 for
a longlife variable service, a MOT test, and a set of rear brake pads on
my A3 TDi, at 40,000 miles. I think the pads counted for about £100 by
the time they were fitted, and the MOT probably about 30 quid at dealer
prices.

147 T-Spark Service problem redTed Alfa Romeo 20 October 29th 04 07:42 PM
Service David A Smith Alfa Romeo 4 October 19th 04 03:36 PM
Alfa Romeo Mechanic / Service? Brian Madden Alfa Romeo 1 August 30th 04 11:38 PM
Alfa 147 1.6 Service costs Jonathan Day Alfa Romeo 15 July 22nd 04 08:18 AM
Alfa Service Lenny Alfa Romeo 3 July 7th 04 11:34 PM