alfa gt vs alfa 147 suspension

Old July 16th 04, 12:09 PM
Pete

Default alfa gt vs alfa 147 suspension

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:54:23 +0200, "Djbase" >, wrote:

>Well hello all, I was just wondering if the alfa GT has better roadhandling
>capabiliteis then an alfa 147...
>
>I ask this because I read a lot , and they always compare it to the alfa
>156, and from what I read and tested myself is that I find that the alfa 147
>is more sure in coners then my ex alfa's 156... It is unlowered and has the
>super sport alloys (17" 215 tyres)... same as I used to have on al alfa
>156...
>
>It's just that I sometimes want to sell the alfa 147 and buy an alfa gt, but
>then I will have to get a loan and blabla, can't convince myself to do this
>as I still need to maintain my fiat coupe 20V turbo too... (which is
>ofcourse more expensive then an alfa 147 JTD, which is my every day runner.
>
>So who owns an alfa gt now, and owned an alfa 156 and alfa 147 before ?
>
>Greetz,
>
>Djbase

I think that it must depend upon roads and driver style. Living in a very
rural area with many narrow roads, with miles of arrow straight runs,
crossed with tortuous 120 deg bends, we both find the 156 holds the
bends at a good 20 KPH faster than we are happy with the 147.

The main reason that the magazines compare the GT with the 156 is that they
share the same chassis. In fact it is longer than the 156. Wheelbase is the
same. I have always felt that it is the wheelbase of the 156 that makes it
ride better on our local roads. 'Er out at work prefers her 147, and
although she agrees that she has to lift more in the bends, she prefers the
more engaging drive it gives her. Well, who's to argue. If a driver is
happy with their Alfa, then they Must be a happy driver :-)

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old July 17th 04, 08:09 PM
Pete

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:09:26 +0200, "Djbase" >, wrote:

>hmmm
>
>you are comparing the alfa 147 to an alfa 156 with sportpack, with the
>lowered suspension I guess ?

No both our cars are un lowered and have 17" alloys similar to the spec
that you quoted.

Pete

Alfa 155 Manual SteveH Alfa Romeo 10 March 17th 05 06:30 AM
Alfa 164 ABS Warning D & J Merrylees Alfa Romeo 0 May 24th 04 07:37 AM
Alfa 156 GTA vs A4 with sports suspension? MacIglebek Alfa Romeo 5 May 24th 04 05:47 AM
Light at the end of the tunnel for UK Alfa drivers?? Alfistagj Alfa Romeo 0 May 22nd 04 11:08 AM
Giulietta e Nuova 147 Plug-in Bourne Alfa Romeo 0 May 13th 04 01:16 PM