H.I.D. Lighting and best forum discussion sites

Old September 7th 04, 05:05 AM
Robinson

Default H.I.D. Lighting and best forum discussion sites

I have a 2000 Corvette.

Are there any aftermarket headlights available that give off that bluish
color like H.I.D. lights?

Where can I get them?

Also, which are the best forum type discussion sites for Corvettes?

Thanks!

Rob

Old September 7th 04, 12:43 PM
RWDoyle

I can answer the 2nd question: www.corvetteforum.com

It's free to join and members can get some nice discounts on parts, etc.
from their sponsors. There a TONS of experts willing to share advice and a
great search tool to find previous discussions about virtually anything
Corvette related.

The best part: it's moderated. That means you won't waste nearly as much
time reading uninteresting bickering between people who don't like each
other. In fact, the recent addition of content from SAPguru and I-zheet
M'drurz is just about to cause me to remove this newsgroup from my
subscription list. What a waste of everyone's time.

Ryan

Old September 7th 04, 12:43 PM
RWDoyle

Old September 7th 04, 03:29 PM
Dad

"RWDoyle" > wrote in message
>I can answer the 2nd question: www.corvetteforum.com

Actually a waste of time if you don't have a fast connection to download all
of the pictures they need to massage their egos. I was signed on many years
ago and seldom if ever go back, You are correct that there is a great amount
of information there and it has a great search ability also. Same with the
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/ and some really great people there
also.Then you have the http://www.idavette.net/ which has tons of
information, no disscusion capabilities but a great site. If you search this
site, alt.autos.corvette, you will find the answer to the questions you ask
about the lighting.

> The best part: it's moderated. That means you won't waste nearly as much
> time reading uninteresting bickering between people who don't like each
> other. In fact, the recent addition of content from SAPguru and I-zheet
> M'drurz is just about to cause me to remove this newsgroup from my
> subscription list. What a waste of everyone's time.

Very easy to dump them into the kill file unless you have a need to follow
their junk. That's one of the problems with the forum and the actioncenter,
you can't shut off the fat heads as easy as you can here.

Both medias are useful, use them for what they can give you and enjoy your
Corvette.

--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51

Old September 7th 04, 03:29 PM
Dad

Old September 7th 04, 03:53 PM
RWDoyle

"Dad" > wrote in message

> Actually a waste of time if you don't have a fast connection...

Good point. I've had broadband for 6 years and occasionally forget that
there are still dial-up folks out there. LOL. I'm sure the Corvette Forum
is slow for dial-up users. My appologies.

> Very easy to dump them into the kill file...

Yes. Easy to kill file them, but unfortunately there seem to be a lot of
morons replying to their crap. So, worthless messages still show up. Oh
well.

> Both medias are useful, use them for what they can give you and enjoy your
> Corvette.

Agreed.

Old September 7th 04, 03:53 PM
RWDoyle

"Dad" > wrote in message

> Actually a waste of time if you don't have a fast connection...

Good point. I've had broadband for 6 years and occasionally forget that
there are still dial-up folks out there. LOL. I'm sure the Corvette Forum
is slow for dial-up users. My appologies.

> Very easy to dump them into the kill file...

Yes. Easy to kill file them, but unfortunately there seem to be a lot of
morons replying to their crap. So, worthless messages still show up. Oh
well.

> Both medias are useful, use them for what they can give you and enjoy your
> Corvette.

Agreed.

Old September 11th 04, 12:37 AM
Nate Nagel

Robinson wrote:

> I have a 2000 Corvette.
>
> Are there any aftermarket headlights available that give off that bluish
> color like H.I.D. lights?
>
> Where can I get them?
>
> Also, which are the best forum type discussion sites for Corvettes?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rob

Please don't. read this first before you make any purchases:

http://danielsternlighting.com/tech/...blue/blue.html

yeah, he's opinionated, but I tend to agree with him. If nothing else,
blue bulbs make you a target for the police and I'd think driving a
'vette you'd have had enough of that already.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel