Chrome Fuel Filler Cap 90 Miata

Old June 15th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Chrome Fuel Filler Cap 90 Miata

I am interested in buying a Chrome Fuel Filler Cap for a 90 Miata. If
you have one for sale or of know where I might find one, please post on
this bulletin board. Email

Old June 15th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

bayman2222 wrote:
> I am interested in buying a Chrome Fuel Filler Cap for a 90 Miata. If
> you have one for sale or of know where I might find one, please post on
> this bulletin board. Email

Several of the miata vendors sell them.

http://miata.net/marketplace.html

From what I understand, there was a really nicely done one, (not sure
which brand), that used to be available, but the ones made now do not
have a very good chrome job done to them.
I may be wrong and things may have changed, but I do seem to remember
reading that the older ones are in high demand because of this, just
something to keep in mind and possibly research.
Someone here probably knows for certain. (Leon?)

Pat
Old June 17th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

pws > wrote:

>bayman2222 wrote:
>> I am interested in buying a Chrome Fuel Filler Cap for a 90 Miata. If
>> you have one for sale or of know where I might find one, please post on
>> this bulletin board. Email

>Several of the miata vendors sell them.

http://miata.net/marketplace.html

> From what I understand, there was a really nicely done one, (not sure
>which brand), that used to be available, but the ones made now do not
>have a very good chrome job done to them.
>I may be wrong and things may have changed, but I do seem to remember
>reading that the older ones are in high demand because of this, just
>something to keep in mind and possibly research.
>Someone here probably knows for certain. (Leon?)

I believe the new ones are highly polished aluminum, not chrome. Mine is
the original, pre-aluminum, Brainstorm one; a heavy cast iron piece that
is chromed. Frankly, I like the real chrome ones better and mine is *NOT*
for sale. But if you find one, buyer bewa casting is a tricky business
and reportedly some out there do not fit that well. (Which might be why
Brainstorm switched to aluminum.)

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata