Wrangler start up problem

Old December 24th 04, 07:44 PM
69strat

Default Wrangler start up problem

Yesterday Mother Nature dumped a ton of snow on us. Well I figured it
be fun to drive my jeep in it. It wouldnt' start. But it was turning.
The battery seemed strong. I wiggled around the spark plug wires, and
battery connectors and it sluggishly started up. I figure with the high
winds and wet snow/rain, some condensation got on the connectors or
something. ??

okay now the weird part,

When I backed out I saw on the driveway, some bright yellow fluid which
leaked from the front of the jeep to the middle. Not just where the
radiator is but almost the full length of the jeep.?? Quite a few big
spots of it. I checked the coolant and it was low, so I added some.
Drove fine last night. Today, NO leak whatsoever.??

Okay now the really weird part,

well today my fiance backs her car out for the first time, and the same
EXACT thing under her car!! Not just by the radiator but down halfway
along the drive train.

She comes back and says here car shakes really bad if she's over 35
mph. ??? Could it be snow and ice stuck on her car, causing it to
shake?

Is this something to do with the cold weather or a strange
coincidence?

__________________

Old December 24th 04, 07:53 PM
DougW

69strat did pass the time by typing:
> Yesterday Mother Nature dumped a ton of snow on us. Well I figured it
> be fun to drive my jeep in it. It wouldnt' start. But it was turning.
> The battery seemed strong. I wiggled around the spark plug wires, and
> battery connectors and it sluggishly started up. I figure with the high
> winds and wet snow/rain, some condensation got on the connectors or
> something. ??
>
> okay now the weird part,
>
> When I backed out I saw on the driveway, some bright yellow fluid which
> leaked from the front of the jeep to the middle. Not just where the
> radiator is but almost the full length of the jeep.?? Quite a few big
> spots of it. I checked the coolant and it was low, so I added some.
> Drove fine last night. Today, NO leak whatsoever.??

Your mix was low, adding fresh antifreze brought it back into spec and
it did't freeze. Check your overflow bottle for cracks.

> Okay now the really weird part,
>
> well today my fiance backs her car out for the first time, and the same
> EXACT thing under her car!! Not just by the radiator but down halfway
> along the drive train.

Downhill? Could be radiator fluid. Could also be a real big dog
or a small one with a bladder condition.

> She comes back and says here car shakes really bad if she's over 35
> mph. ??? Could it be snow and ice stuck on her car, causing it to
> shake?

Yes. That and fenderbergs, rimcicles, etc.

> Is this something to do with the cold weather or a strange
> coincidence?

Check the mix. Sounds to me like your getting some ice buildup in the
coolant.

--
DougW

Old December 24th 04, 08:07 PM
Mike Romain

I would be checking the rims out for snow pack for the shake.

I don't know what to tell you about the marks....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's