Ever wonder what the word "Patriot" as in Patriot Act really means?

Old May 22nd 07, 06:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Default Ever wonder what the word "Patriot" as in Patriot Act really means?

One might be led to believe that this is a government double-talk
way of getting a cute word to encourage people to rally around a
new program, in this case, one in which the Executive Branch is
granted extraordinary powers to abrogate great heaping parts of
the Bill of Rights, the base Articles and Sectioons of the
Constitution, and later Amemdments, as well as key agency and
rule making bodies such as the NSA (National Security Act, as
well as National Security Advisor).

A truly juicy one is is the Patriot Act, which should really be
written the PATRIOT Act, as it is indeed an acronym, and we all
know how much the government loves acronyms, especially the
Pentagon. In this case, here's the background:

Investopedia Says: USA PATRIOT is an acronym for Uniting and
Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to
Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act. Since its inception, the
Patriot Act has been shrouded in controversy. Proponents of the
act believe that it is a necessary evil in the face of new
threats to America in the ever-changing international political
climate. Civil libertarians see it as an unpatriotic means of
limiting civil rights, infringing on free-speech, interfering
with freedom of the press and infringing on individual privacy
rights.

So, it should really read USA by PATRIOT Act. Who could possibly
argue with a name like that? And, it's warrant powers come from
yet anothe good one, FISA. I'd bet that Jay Leno in his oft-
repeated segment Jay Walking where he tries to find incredibly
dumb people to tell him really obvious things. Wonder what a
typical Jay Walker would come up with for FISA or FISA Court or
FISA Judge, or even a FIS without the A warrant?

I bring up this stuff not as an oblique way to bring politics
into a NG which eschews such obvious attempts, but it seems
germane to the discussion going on about libel and slander and
which a Usenet news group vs. a live chat room might be viewed as
when considering which part of the law to apply.

Let's see how many acronyms we can string together: FISA begat
USA PATRIOT which then begat a two different kinds of FSAs, and
so forth. During the height of the Cold War, it was often argued
that one could talk for hours without ever completeling a
sentence without a TLA, FLA, or FLA vs FLA, meaning Three Letter
Acronym, Four Letter Acronym, or Five Letter Acronym vs Four
Letter Acronym. But, who cares? None of the 20, perhaps by now,
21, 22, maybe 24 candidates cannot define any of this and we are
going to have to make one of them CinC over CentCom to protect us
from IEDs, and modern day MAD scenarios. Isn't life today really
great?!

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old May 22nd 07, 07:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

BIG TIME OFF TOPIC for this group!
I'm not surprised you don't know what a patriot is!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 22nd 07, 08:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
§qu@re Wheels[_5_]

> BIG TIME OFF TOPIC for this group!

YOU, Llewdellen Williams Hughes III, are /always/ off topic for this group.

Go away.

[for rant or leash]

From: (via teranews)

> > Reported to:
, ,

> And they are very tired of you.

Yes, there's a bitch that replies to me, kinda telling me the
problem's with the Canadian Shaw's personnel. But prescience pays off and
long as you violate the groups charter, or just Usenet's common decency,
I'll be there to report you. You being a traitor is a especial incentive.

Old May 23rd 07, 12:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

There you go again, from the biggest loser of them all! The jealous,
really jealous, I can't believe how jealous this little draft dodging coward
schizophrenic psychopath liar hiding in Vancouver via
S0106000ea6ba70e7.vn.shawcable.net 24.86.24.251 who's
only way to get attention is to make a fool of it's self. With an obsession
with perverts and goats, where it writes via remailers, and cross posts to
other perverts to no one's surprise. With extreme jealous ranting over my
documents, possessions, successes, manliness and super Southern California
body. Committing forgery over many of them proving I'm a responsible
American man. You remind me of a little rat dog, like a Mexican Chiwawa with
it's senseless barking, me too, me too. You're even more senile than I first
thought. And the poor thing, you're too girlie to take responsibility for
yourself again, by signing your statement like a man.
You're not worth any more time when a cut and paste this same paragraph
it fits so well!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 23rd 07, 03:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

http://www.interviewwithgod.com/patriotic/highband.htm

Old May 23rd 07, 11:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Today, when L.W. (Bill) Hughes III uttered these immortal words,
such was the importance of this profound pronouncement, that is
is being saved for future reference

> BIG TIME OFF TOPIC for this group!
> I'm not surprised you don't know what a patriot is!
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/

sunk the trolling hook into you so painlessly, billie boi, that
you didn't even realize you were on the hook. who do you suppose
I posted this specifically for, the man in the moon? as to
knowing what a patriot is, I have more knowledge of that and
appreciation for it than you can possibly ever fathom. now, for
the quiz: did you even know that "PATRIOT" is an acronym? I
seriously doubt it, as you're way too busy claiming you are one
to be bothered with facts.

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old May 24th 07, 01:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Knowing you as a coward, bleeding heart liberal whacko limp traitor, I
would say you would be for anything that would overthrow my United States of
America. Are you for: Provide Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and
Obstruct Terrorism Act?

Opinion of Patriot EIEIO 4x4 1 March 27th 07 03:28 AM
Patriot Mark E. Bye Jeep 3 March 22nd 07 01:19 AM
"Patriot lives up to its Jeep label" Mike Jeep 6 February 25th 07 04:56 PM
Jeep Patriot Jeff DeWitt Jeep 20 April 21st 06 06:08 AM