Strange problem while turning left

Old June 20th 08, 06:16 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
HangaS

Default Strange problem while turning left

Hi,

Recently I’ve hit a concrete mile post on the roadside (about 60cm
tall) breaking the plastic bumper and the right headlight.

I had these parts replaced and esthetically it was everything ok. but
since then when I do a tight turn left (like when starting a U turn or
when going on a small roundabout at some speed) I hear a strange noise
and the car looses power until I completely leave the gas pedal and
press it again. Then it suddenly regains power in a very irregular way
for a few seconds.

It is a '95 316i E36. Any idea of what is causing this strange
situation?

I've tried doing the same thing whilst turning right and it is ok, but
every time I do it to the left, it happens.

Thanks,
HangaS
Old June 20th 08, 09:32 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
HangaS

Hi again!

I think I sorted the problem out.

It turned out to be a loose rubber tube between the air filter and the
engine manifold.
So when the engine tilted right when doing an hard left turn it would
create a leak confusing the air flow meter.

The engine was taking air directly, so the air flow meter would
indicate a lower value then it realy was, causing the ECU to cut fuel
acordingdly.

At least this is my theory

http://a1.vox.com/6a00e398d4505c000300fad6933e690004-pi
(the slack was not so big, you'd barely notice it. I pulled it away
just for the picture)

Thanks anyway.

Hope this helps anyone with similar sintoms in the future.

Hangas