Removing RTV from Paint

Old December 4th 04, 10:22 PM
SoK66

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message

> Bud, you played 'Chicken Little' and lied off the bat on this thread. <

No, Mike, I did not, I asked an honest question. For my trouble, Bill
imediately called me a troll for no reason, then you went to attack mode in
due fashion.

> That is why Bill called you a Troll, he was right and spotted it.>

He was wrong and at least has had the good sense to shut up about it. You
apprently are very immature and can't stop until you get the last word.

> I was really patient and tried to walk you threw it slowly figuring you
> were some 16 year old with his first Jeep or something, only to have you
> come back and call me 'condescending.'>

You weren't patient, you insisted what I had was "not RTV", despite my twice
telling you that it was. I knew it was RTV because the installer at Avalance
told me what he used. What was I supposed to do, mail you a friggin' sample?

> Here is your lie quoted:>

> Thanks everyone for your feedback. So far I've got "nothing", fingers,
> erasers, old credit cards, alcohol and gasoline. Something has to work!
>
> End quote.
>
> This means to me anyway, you have tried all the above and nothing.....>

No, Mike, once again you shot from the hip. You have attempted to twist
everything around I wrote, you've called me a liar an and I really resent
it.

What I clearly meant was 1) thank you to everyone who responded, 2) I now
had a list of suggestions I could try, including doing "nothing". "Something
has to work!" meant that with all those kindly offered suggestions I was
certain to have an answer to my problem. Indeed, one respondent said nothing
would work without damaging the paint. No one but you, not even Bill,
misinterpreted what I meant.

Over the next few days I tried all of the suggestions, which meant I ran out
and bought 3M Adhesive Remover, a 3M Stripe Remover wheel, etc. In the end
your suggestion to use gasoline worked and I thanked you, along with
everyone else for their suggestions.

> This is in response to me saying: 'Maybe an eraser? If it 'is' RTV, it
> will rub off with your finger. An old credit card works. You can also get
> a liquid gasket remover stuff that is supposed to dissolve it. Gasoline
> will dissolve it, but it takes a little while.'>

> End quote.
>
> Then I came back and said: 'Then you don't have RTV there'..
>
> Bill said the same, Roy figured the same, Snow figured the same, Paul
> figured the same.
>
> If you had of just told the truth that you never tried squat, instead you
> just were too busy complaining, we wouldn't be having this exchange right
> now.>

You misunderstood my response & then have the audacity to call me a liar,
that's pretty low, Mike!

> Then when I insist on still politely calling your bull ****, by saying
> once again: 'I will say again. You 'cannot' have RTV there!' <

And, Mr. Shoot-From-The-Lip, you were wrong. I was not "bull****ting", at
that point I was at a stage where nothing that I'd tried so far that had
been suggested worked. As I explained, for safety reasons I hadn't yet tried
your suggestion to use gasoline, for obvious safety concerns.

>Then 'you' call 'me' condescending and a know it all.<

Because you were.

> All this BS because you told us a lie.<

You have a lot of nerve, Mike, to call me a liar for absolutely no reason
other than to justify your own inappropriate behavior. I really resent it.

> I will leave this alone now, hopefully you get the point.<

I sure do, you've behaved inappropriately, you can't admit you're wrong,
you've insulted me repeatedly and I now have a totally different opinion of
you than I've had for some time. That probably won't change. You can start
with an apology.

Old December 4th 04, 10:22 PM
SoK66

Old December 4th 04, 11:00 PM
SoK66

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
> More F**Kin' BULL SH*T! Anyone with that amount of modifications on
> a YJ knows what "Room-Temperature Vulcanizing" is, and how to work with
> it! Like all trolls, you haven't the balls to sign your posts, nor use a
> real address, and further spoof your address with "newsdawg", therefo
> you are a TROLL and LIAR! And frankly, insulting to our intelligence.
> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Ok, Bill, I've had enough, here goes: I've posted on this forum for years as
Jerry McG. Not that it's any of your friggin'
business, but I changed my screen name to SoK66 a few weeks ago and altered
the e-mail to stop all the God damn usenet-scanned porno and other bull****
from filling up my in box, viruses and all.

I know fully well what "Room Tempreature Vulvanizing" is and I've worked
with it for as many or more years as you. HOWEVER, BILL, I've never had to
get a stripe of it approx. 4' long and 1/2" wide off of a visible painted
surface. Nor has anyone else I know locally, including my body man.

I thought before I had him strip it to the metal and reshoot it, as some
suggested, it would be a simple GOD DAMN question to ask on this PUBLIC
FRIGGIN' JEEP FORUM! I didn't expect to be insulted by you or anyone else
simply for asking this simple question!

If you don't believe I have two the Jeeps, then here's an old link to
Webshots with some shots of them that I set up last spring for an online
article.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...37932612OWzeZc

There you go, wise ass.

As for my qualifications, I'm a retired Ford / Jaguar Service executive, I'm
a former ASE and VW Master Tech, and I'm now President of the Creeper
Jeepers Gang of Durango Colorado. I don't have to tell you all this, but
I've been insulted enough to stuff it right in your arrogant face. Match me,
Mr. "Real Jeep" know-it-all with your qualifications if you dare. I may
accept your apology, once it's given. Until then, Bill, understand
that I think you're a friggin' idiot.

Old December 4th 04, 11:00 PM
SoK66

Old December 5th 04, 12:56 AM
mark

Jerry,
Moderated forums are usually just as productive, as usenet, anymore, without
all the self-appointed Gods jumping you from all sides. Coming in this place
requires steel-plated egos and a HIGH tolerance for abuse.

--
mark

Old December 5th 04, 12:56 AM
mark

Old December 5th 04, 03:08 AM
SoK66

"mark" > wrote in message
> Jerry,
> Moderated forums are usually just as productive, as usenet, anymore,
> without all the self-appointed Gods jumping you from all sides. Coming in
> this place requires steel-plated egos and a HIGH tolerance for abuse.

> mark

Thanks, Mark. Never had this kind of crap happen here before, an attitude
adjustment is definitely in order for a couple of people.

Best,
Jerry McG.

Old December 5th 04, 03:08 AM
SoK66

Old December 5th 04, 03:40 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Where's the fifty grand in that YJ? That's one more lie!
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 5th 04, 03:40 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III