newbie

Old October 25th 04, 10:13 PM
Classy

Default newbie

Ok. I'm new to Miatas (well, got it in January)
I'm new to the group.

Question:

Does anyone else downshift in tunnels and drive in parking garages in first
gear near the redline every now and then just to hear the exhaust note? or
is it just me?

I always thought I was quite sensible until now.

Oh, and why do people in NA's wave back but others in NB wear a frown with a
I'm cool, Jimmy dean type look that does not befit them and not wave back?
Was ther a modification to all NB's escept mine that places an erectile
object on the driver seat that penetrates the anal pore, giving one the
something up the rectum look? or again, is it just me. I don't think I smell
bad? anyway, if anyone is in the Philadelphia area and sees a classic red
with a happy mid twenties asian guy, please wave to me. I'm developing
quite the complex.

Oh, and just came back from a great drive through the merrit parkway in a
great mountain drive in CT if anyone is interested in the details. That was
a GREAT drive.

Old October 25th 04, 10:22 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2004-10-25, Classy > wrote:

> Oh, and why do people in NA's wave back but others in NB wear
> a frown with a I'm cool, Jimmy dean type look that does not
> befit them and not wave back?

Whaddaya mean? Jimmy Dean is grinning like fool everytime I
see a picture of him. Unless you're not talking about the
ex-country-singer who sells sausage....

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! How's it going in
at those MODULAR LOVE UNITS??
Old October 25th 04, 11:06 PM
Tom Howlin

Poor NB owners are bemoaning the fact they don't have an NA! Actually,
a lot of them haven't been in the Miata culture from way back when the
whole wave started and so aren't aware of miataetiquette. I also notice
the same thing but wave anyway.

Tom
92 Red

Old October 26th 04, 12:15 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

don't take it personally, people can be strange. Believe it or not some
people drive these little cars ONLY because they are 'cute' and get 'good
gas mileage'. They actually have no idea what an awesome platform they
posess or what a cult classic it really is.

Also, some of us older guys can't see as good as you young studs and might
not recognize the friendly wave. I must admit I have noticed this tendancy
you mention though.

Chris
92BB&T