alfa 159

Old December 24th 05, 05:21 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default alfa 159

Can you give me your feed back about the neww159.

Old December 24th 05, 02:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 06:21:19 +0100, "Franck PAULUZZI"
> wrote:

>Can you give me your feed back about the neww159.

If you check the archive for the group, you'll see there isn't much
feedback to give yet. However I drove one for half an hour and was
sufficiently impressed to order one. Was there something special you
wanted to know?

--
Stephen Poley
Old December 24th 05, 04:05 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"Stephen Poley" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 06:21:19 +0100, "Franck PAULUZZI"
> > wrote:
>
>>Can you give me your feed back about the neww159.

> If you check the archive for the group, you'll see there isn't much
> feedback to give yet. However I drove one for half an hour and was
> sufficiently impressed to order one. Was there something special you
> wanted to know?
>
> --
> Stephen Poley

I'm extremely impressed with them, build quality looks superb and they've
addressed pretty much everything that was an issue with the 156, ie
suspension, variators, timing belts, gearboxes etc etc

Old December 24th 05, 06:31 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:05:23 GMT, "Spark" >
wrote:

>I'm extremely impressed with them, build quality looks superb and they've
>addressed pretty much everything that was an issue with the 156, ie
>suspension, variators, timing belts, gearboxes etc etc

er..correction..they *claim* they have! ;-)

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old December 24th 05, 06:49 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"Zathras" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:05:23 GMT, "Spark" >
> wrote:
>
>>I'm extremely impressed with them, build quality looks superb and they've
>>addressed pretty much everything that was an issue with the 156, ie
>>suspension, variators, timing belts, gearboxes etc etc

> er..correction..they *claim* they have! ;-)

> Scotland
> Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
> 'Oil' be seeing you..
> (Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)

well having seen most of the above in pieces I'd have to agree with their
"claims"

Old December 24th 05, 06:57 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Well, my 2000 156SW which I drove until this Febraury had absolutely no
problem over 165.000km (100.000mi), only oil, tyres and brake pads.
My present GT prooves they have gone even further.
So the 159 will meet that at least.
"Zathras" > schreef in bericht

Old December 24th 05, 11:02 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"alfistagj" > wrote in message
. ..
> Well, my 2000 156SW which I drove until this Febraury had absolutely no
> problem over 165.000km (100.000mi), only oil, tyres and brake pads.
> My present GT prooves they have gone even further.
> So the 159 will meet that at least.
> "Zathras" > schreef in bericht
>> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:05:23 GMT, "Spark" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm extremely impressed with them, build quality looks superb and they've
>>>addressed pretty much everything that was an issue with the 156, ie
>>>suspension, variators, timing belts, gearboxes etc etc

>> er..correction..they *claim* they have! ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Scotland
>> Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
>> 'Oil' be seeing you..
>> (Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)

well the GT has a few refinements over 147/156 designs, however the 159 has
radical rethinks on most of the major trouble causing problems of its
predecessors, ie suspension is totally diffrerent, variators are totally
different, no petrol timing belts etc etc

Old December 25th 05, 08:57 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 23:02:16 GMT, "Spark" >
wrote:

>well the GT has a few refinements over 147/156 designs, however the 159 has
>radical rethinks on most of the major trouble causing problems of its
>predecessors, ie suspension is totally diffrerent, variators are totally
>different, no petrol timing belts etc etc

'Different' doesn't automatically mean 'better'. In fact 'different'
is one of the reasons I wait a couple of years after launch of a new
model so the manufacturer actually has a handle on the teething
troubles. No manufacturer tests like thousands of customers do all
over the world.

Anyway, their parts supply chain is still very dodgy (part on order
for a month and no sign yet - and I'm not alone) so some things are
not obviously changing for the better. Alfa assured me four and a half
years ago that their poor parts supply was a thing of the past and
that the 156 was built to German standards - experience now tells me
to take *everything* Alfa says with a pinch of salt.

YMMV!

Old December 25th 05, 09:20 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:57:41 +0100, "alfistagj"
> wrote:

>Well, my 2000 156SW which I drove until this Febraury had absolutely no
>problem over 165.000km (100.000mi), only oil, tyres and brake pads.
>My present GT prooves they have gone even further.

Strange! I always thought you were the Gert-Jan who posted numerous
posts in 2001 about the 'V-Max' problems of a 1.8SW? There's even a
website dedicated to it he

http://go.to/mysportwagon

;-)

Old December 25th 05, 09:21 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 20:57:58 GMT, Zathras
>, wrote:

>Anyway, their parts supply chain is still very dodgy (part on order
>for a month and no sign yet - and I'm not alone) so some things are
>not obviously changing for the better. Alfa assured me four and a half
>years ago that their poor parts supply was a thing of the past and
>that the 156 was built to German standards - experience now tells me
>to take *everything* Alfa says with a pinch of salt.

Yep. Like waiting 12 weeks for a front door hinge that sheered off
under warranty less than 10K miles on the road. OK so maybe the weld
could have failed on any make, but 12 weeks to even obtain the part
for there most popular model? That is not service to smile at.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso