Rear Window Wiper Motor

Old September 19th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Tom Rogers

Default Rear Window Wiper Motor

2005 Dodge Caravan - Does anyone know how to take apart the plastic in the
hatch so I can get in there and replace the rear window wiper motor?

TIA,

-Tom

Old September 19th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Tom Rogers wrote:
> 2005 Dodge Caravan - Does anyone know how to take apart the plastic in the
> hatch so I can get in there and replace the rear window wiper motor?
>
> TIA,
>
> -Tom

Unless you have gone over the mileage limit, your 2005 should still be
covered under the warranty.

-KM

Old September 19th 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Tom Rogers

I'm over the warranty.

oups.com...

Old September 19th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Tom Rogers wrote:
> I'm over the warranty.
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Tom Rogers wrote:
> >> 2005 Dodge Caravan - Does anyone know how to take apart the plastic in
> >> the
> >> hatch so I can get in there and replace the rear window wiper motor?
> >>
> >> TIA,
> >>
> >> -Tom

> > Unless you have gone over the mileage limit, your 2005 should still be
> > covered under the warranty.
> >
> > -KM

In that case, the plastic panel should be held on with some screws and
some clips that snap out. The screws may be covered with plastic caps
that have to be pryed out with a small screwdriver.

I assume that you have already figured out how to remove the wiper arm.
It either bolts on or has a clip holding it in place. When my wiper
motor went bad, I was able to replace it for $50 from Napa with a trade
in. It has worked fine for three years.

-KM

Old September 19th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Tom Rogers" > wrote in message
> 2005 Dodge Caravan - Does anyone know how to take apart the plastic in the
> hatch so I can get in there and replace the rear window wiper motor?
>
> TIA,
>
> -Tom

Just curious Tom, is the wiper just not coming on?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old September 19th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Tom Rogers

Glenn,

When I push the button, sometimes it doesn't move but i hear it wanting to
move. Other times, it moves about 3/4 of the way then stops, I push the
button again and it completes the swipe.

I would like to get the plastic covering off without damaging it, I don't
see any capped screws or anything that would suggest an easy removal.

-Tom

. ..

Old September 20th 06, 11:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

The panel has hidden fasteners that just pop lose.

Glenn Beasley

Old September 20th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Tom Rogers

Thanx! Any chance of damaging them when using a flat head screw driver?

lkaboutautos.com...

Old September 20th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Tom Rogers" > wrote in message
news
> Thanx! Any chance of damaging them when using a flat head screw driver?
>

> "damnnickname" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
> > The panel has hidden fasteners that just pop lose.
> >
> > Glenn Beasley

Normally just pulling on it will release the panel. I wouldn't use a
screwdriver.

Glenn

2000 Caravan Rear Vent Window won't open [email protected] Dodge 2 December 22nd 07 05:57 PM
Power window problem on a 2002 Dodge Caravan practicalsarah Dodge 19 December 6th 05 07:38 PM
Rear Wiper Motor CaravanGuy Chrysler 5 May 14th 05 01:15 AM
FS: Jeep TJ Soft side Rear window and rear side windows and Door Rail Kit [email protected] Jeep 0 April 25th 05 09:39 PM
Climatronic Diagnostic Controls Luís Lourenço Audi 1 November 12th 04 08:22 AM