134a Refrigerant

Old June 8th 05, 02:16 PM
Stephen Cowell

"L.W. (ßill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> Kerry lost Ohio by three thousand votes, it doesn't take a
> mathematician to figure out that is a direct result of thirty years Roe
> vs Wade. Moral Republicans keeping and taking responsibility their
> mistakes.

That's a huge margin! You're right, it was a complete
mandate from the American populace!

How come abortion-on-demand is still legal? W
is well into his second term... hell, we don't even
have prayer in school!
__
Steve
..

Old June 8th 05, 02:28 PM
Stephen Cowell

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
> m...
> > What refrigerant is in your late-model car?

> .....who do you call "mr president"? :-)

Not W!

> > Oh, if you're Libertarian... get off my damn
> > roads!

> ?

I paid for those roads... you don't want to
pay for them, then don't use them!

> > Don't you think we could have made more
> > points that way by invading Sudan?

> ...so take care of sudan next.

No... Saudi Arabia's next!

>> debacle? i love how you liberals (who claim to stand for human rights)
>> overlook that iraq is free from tyranny. iraqi women are now allowed to

GO
>> TO SCHOOL, to hold jobs, to live as equal citizens. no stephen, id say

iraq
>> has been an overwhelming success to date. that could change tomorrow,

but
>> as it is right now with bush leading the way iraq is a success.

> > That's why we went to Iraq? To free
> > their women?

> its certainly an added benefit, and one that you liberals always fail to
> mention or recognize. had it been clinton or kerry who invaded iraq under
> the same circumstances you would have celebrated the accomplishment.

An added benefit? For thousands dead, hundreds of
billions spent? It boggles the frickin' mind! Women
had it better under Saddam than they do now under
most other Arab countries... you NeoCons seem to
forget that W trashed one of the only secular governments
in the region. Perhaps you're confusing Afghanistan
with Iraq.... you certainly wouldn't be alone, W himself
got pretty confused about that.

http://www.sovereignty.org.uk/sitein...m/altview.html

<>
It was Saddam's revolution that ended Iraqi backwardness. Education,
including higher and technological education, became the top priority. More
important, centuries of vicious discrimination against girls and women was e
nded by one stroke of the modernizing dictator's pen.
I used to drive past the Mustansariya University on my way home from
downtown Baghdad. It was miraculous -- I use the word advisedly -- it was
nothing short of miraculous to see hundreds of girl-students thronging the
campus, none in "burkhas" or "chador" -- the head-to-toe black cape that
was, and is, essential dress for women in most of the Islamic world -- and
almost all in skirts and blouses that would grace a Western university.
</>

As you can see, Nate.... there was no 'liberation of
Iraqi women'... they were free before. Your ignorance
speaks volumes... shelves of volumes. Perhaps if
you'd educate yourself more, you'd get a different
perspective.
__
Steve
..

Old June 8th 05, 02:31 PM
Stephen Cowell

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
> > news
> >> Evidence exists that the polar vortex is a natural phenomenon and

existed
> >> before cfc's were widely used. Has to do with the large temperature
> >> variation between the Antarctic continent and the surrounding

ocean...the
> >> land mass is supercooled during the Antarctic winter, and the increased
> >> temperature varaiation causes massive upper-level winds that disperse

the
> >> atmospheric ozone over the Antarctic.

> > Exactly... the CFC's didn't cause the vortex, but the vortex
> > exacerbates the CFC problem. Glad to see you're finally
> > coming around...

> So you're admitting that cfc's don't cause the ozone hole. Thank you.

Matt, come back when you learn how to read. Of course,
CFC's don't cause the ozone hole... *God* caused the
ozone hole, to pay us back for Mormonism and 'Friends'.
__
Steve
..

Old June 8th 05, 02:47 PM
Stephen Cowell

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
> >> ?? thats the SAME CRAP youve been posting! ill quote and capitalize

my
> >> point that removes the whole "conclusive" thing im asking for: "They

have
> >> found that the emissions of the human-produced halocarbons, plus the

much
> >> smaller contribution from natural sources, COULD account for all of the
> >> stratospheric chlorine."
> >> "could". nothing conclusive there.

> > You won't be persuaded... we all realize this.

> TRANSLATION --> "i cannot provide conclusive evidence, nate"

You won't be persuaded... we all realize this.

> ......i already told you that! :-)

>> > Why is it not all Argon
>> > down here? By your ignorance, we should all be dead
>> > now... the Oxygen layer would be several thousand feet up.

> > It's one percent of the air
> > we breathe

> DUH! the concentration isnt high enough to cause a problem.

DUH! Keep saying it... it's a good look for you...

You want it both ways.... Chlorine can't rise, because it's
heavier than air. Argon doesn't fall, because it's concentration
is small. Just exactly what grade in school did you complete?

> > How about if I tell you that I've been a tech

> id have to ask you to prove it by showing your epa certification. id be
> glad to show you mine.

I didnt' say a 'licensed' tech...

> > How about if I tell you that
> > the effects of this vented refrigerant can't be
> > hidden, and are cumulative?

> i would ONCE AGAIN ask you for conclusive evidence.

You won't be persuaded... we all realize this.
I posted an article noting that CFC's had been
found in the stratosphere, along with their
breakdown products, in the right concentrations
to support the proposed mechanisms.

> > What do conservatives have, clusterf*cks?

> realistic goals. :-)

Like the liberation of Iraq? Like finding bin Laden?

> > No, refrigerant is vented so freely because the tech is
> > lazy... and doesn't give a damn.

> i cant believe that it all boils down to laziness. sure some of it does,
> but the majority knows better. ive never met another tech who believed

that
> refrigerant was hazardous to our environment. if i believed it were i

would
> take great precautions, and i know my fellow technicians would as well.

You already asserted that you follow the rules...
were you lying *then*, or are you lying *now*?

> > Yeah, I go to cheeseball HVAC techs for my
> > atmospheric science, just like you do... not.

> you claimed the hvac industry agrees with your idealogy. i know better.

Cite, or smoke crack.

> > kinda funny that it
> > ****es you off, saving your descendants from
> > skin cancer and all....

> it doesnt "**** me off". i simply hate bad information, particulary when
> its driven by ANY political agenda.

Bad information! BAD! Go to your room!
I posted stuff from scientists... can you post
stuff from scientists? You haven't, so far...
if wishes were fishes, you'd smell like the Fulton
Fish Market.

> > Then why is it there in conjunction with CFC's?

> show me something CONCLUSIVE that proves refrigerant cfc's are there.

until
> then ill continue to point out that youre spouting agenda driven

speculation
> and belief, but nothing factual or proven in any way.

http://www.al.noaa.gov/WWWHD/pubdocs...nt98/faq3.html

<>
Several pieces of evidence combine to establish human-produced halocarbons
as the primary source of stratospheric chlorine. First, measurements have
********shown that the chlorinated species that rise to the
stratosphere******* are primarily manufactured compounds [mainly CFCs,
carbon tetrachloride, methyl chloroform, and the hydrochlorofluorocarbon
(HCFC) substitutes for CFCs], together with small amounts of hydrochloric
acid (HCl) and methyl chloride (CH3Cl), which are partly natural in origin.
Second, researchers have measured nearly all known gases containing chlorine
in the stratosphere. They have found that the emissions of the
human-produced halocarbons, plus the much smaller contribution from natural
sources, could account for all of the stratospheric chlorine. Third, the
increase in total stratospheric chlorine measured between 1980 and 1998
corresponds to the known increases in concentrations of human-produced
halocarbons during that time.
</>

Post a link... this one *shows* that manufactured chlorinated species
*rise to the stratosphere*. It's from the NOAA... go ahead, impugn
them.
__
Steve
..

Old June 8th 05, 02:49 PM
Stephen Cowell

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
> You're making the assumption that I am a Bush-worshipping Dittohead.
>
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
> >> You're the kind of liberal that gives the rest of us a bad name. Rush

is
> >> pompous ass, so I didn't even know he had agreed with it.

> > ??
> >

> This
> > means that CFC's hang around for hundreds of
> > years, until they hit the upper atmosphere.
> > __
> > Steve

> CFC's haven't been around for hundreds of years, that's why the model is
> flawed.

Top-posting *and* bottom posting... that's a new one on me!

Matt, when you can hang with the big dogs, come back...
otherwise, just get back on the porch.
__
Steve
..

Old June 8th 05, 06:05 PM
Jeff Strickland

"JohnM" > wrote in message
m...
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
> >
> > "JohnM" > wrote in message
> > m...

am

windows

which

it

system

> >> Not to be disputatious, but that's not at all what you said earlier.
> >> I'm not going to quote you, just go back and look.

> > It is what I said. Well, I said that R12 and R134 do not paly well
> > together. I did not give a time span for the failure to occur. The point
> > is that R12 and R134 can not be mixed.

> I smell fudge.
>
> And who says they don't play well together? Or that they cannot be
> mixed? Here, read this page- the guy giving the advice there knows quite
> a lot about refrigerants..
>
> http://yarchive.net/ac/oils.html

YOU, for one said that they can't be mixed.

Everybody that I have ever talked to, for two.

> >> I'm not sure I agree with that. Market pressure does not always affect
> >> price- when the circle of producers is small enough market pressure
> >> can simply affect production; if the supply is high, sometimes it's
> >> more profitable to decrease production and allow the price to remain
> >> high. Eventually it'll sell. I'm not saying that you are absolutely
> >> wrong, I'm saying that there are exceptions to the supply/demand law
> >> and it's never safe to assume otherwise.
> >>

> > The topic here is R12, a declining market in the USA. If the captured
> > R12 is collected, then it has value that offsets the cost of new R12.
> > This is the same as lowering the operating costs for the AC shops. If
> > R12 was sold at a high price, and there was no credit given for the
> > captured product, then the operating costs would be high. But if the
> > captured product is credited against purchases of new product, then the
> > actual cost of the new product is lowered. If somebody goes in and buys
> > a 30 pound tank of R12, it will cost upwards of $900, but I have no idea
> > what the captured product is worht in terms of a credit. What I will say
> > is that the odds are good that the OP hasn't got a tank of used R12 to
> > turn in, and he isn't going to use 30 pounds of R12 in a single car in
> > his entire life, and the life of his decendants. This means that he
> > isn't going to get his hands on R12 anytime soon in a quantity that is
> > actually useful to a guy working on his car in the driveway.

> I'm sorry, I misunderstood your statement concerning new and used
> refrigerants. I thought you were referring to new and used 134, not 12.
>
> 12 won't ever be reasonably priced again, unless the laws change.
> Prohibition of anything wil generally ensure the price of it goes up,
> and concentration of it in a few hands (those who own the approved
> machine) will tend to keep the price up, regardless of the value of used
> stuff.

> >> The reason why the recovery equipment is expensive is due to
> >> government regulation. The cheapest recovery device I've heard of was
> >> a R12 tank, with a line to the system, in a bucket; fill the bucket
> >> with liquid nitrogen and give it a few minutes.. the refrigerant will
> >> not only condense in the tank, it'll freeze. You won't get any more
> >> out with any pump, no matter what. Pretty cheap, but not approved.
> >>

> > I don't give a rat's ass why the equipment is expensive. It is
> > expensive, and most guys that work on the car in the driveway are not
> > going to have the equipment that is needed. And nobody is going to have
> > a bucket of liquid nitrogen that they can use to suck the R12 out of the
> > family sedan with.

> You don't care? You just accept the fact with a whipped "oh, well" and
> that's all? Interesting..
>
> Nobody has liquid N2? Bull****. I can get it, and I'll bet you can too.

get

another.

> >> Of course it matters what I think about the issue. You would surrender
> >> your opinions for a rulemaker who would tell you what to do, and how?
> >> Not me.
> >>
> >> I disagree that the "rules that have been developed" have much at all
> >> to do with the ozone issue. Perhaps that's just my natural skeptcism,
> >> but that's my opinion.
> >>
> >> Now, don't go telling me that what I think doesn't matter, and then go
> >> on to tell me what you think, which, based on your reasoning, doesn't
> >> matter? Leave the bank's money alone..
> >>

> > What I think doesn't matter either. NOBODY is going to walk into an auto
> > parts store inthe USA and buy a can of R12 and take it home and squirt
> > it into his car.

> Sad but true. But what I think still matters..
>

> > R12 and R134 do not mix. You can not revert back to R12 in a system that
> > has been made to take R134, but you can still change an R12 system to
> > take R134.
> >
> > R134 is readily available at any auto parts store, and if they don't
> > have any it's only due to being out of stock at the moment.

> I did some googling and apparently the supply *is* an issue. I'm not
> sure anyone believes it's anything but a manufactured issue though..

switch

Old June 8th 05, 06:11 PM
Jeff Strickland

"JohnM" > wrote in message
m...

> I smell fudge.
>
> And who says they don't play well together? Or that they cannot be
> mixed? Here, read this page- the guy giving the advice there knows quite
> a lot about refrigerants..
>
> http://yarchive.net/ac/oils.html

This link makes it clear that the lubricant in R12 is not suitable in a R134
system. It suggests there are cheaper options than buying a new car, but it
is clear that the R12 system will not function after R134 is installed
unless some sort of modification is made. Basically, the oils used in each
are the problem.

Old June 8th 05, 07:20 PM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
m...
>> .....who do you call "mr president"? :-)

> Not W!

go ahead and admit it. you are an anti-american socialist. you wear it,
own it.

> I paid for those roads... you don't want to
> pay for them, then don't use them!

the depths of your ignorance are obvious. if you _really_ want to learn
about libertarians see http://harrybrowne.org

> http://www.sovereignty.org.uk/sitein...m/altview.html

if youre going to consider blatent liberal publications as credible sources
of information than im going to start quoting rush. dont make me do it.
:-)

> As you can see, Nate.... there was no 'liberation of
> Iraqi women'... they were free before.

so are you saying that the dictators own sons really didnt drive around
raping young virgin girls at will, or are you saying thats just part of your
socialist version of freedom? are saying that iraqi women really could be
educated, or that they didnt need education in your socialist version of
freedom?

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old June 8th 05, 07:28 PM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
m...
> You won't be persuaded... we all realize this.

TRANSLATION --> "i cannot provide conclusive evidence, nate"

> You want it both ways.... Chlorine can't rise, because it's
> heavier than air.

sure it can be blown around in the wind but it wont reach the stratosphere.
not without a volcanic push.

> Argon doesn't fall, because it's concentration
> is small.

i hope youre just changing what i say to fit your argument, and that you
really arent that dense. i never said that it doesnt fall. i said that its
concentration wasnt enough to cause a problem.

TRANSLATION --> "im full of ****, nate". :-)

> You already asserted that you follow the rules...
> were you lying *then*, or are you lying *now*?

i stated that i follow the rules. HOWEVER, if i thought that what i did was
harmful to the environment i stated that i would take greater precautions
(such as low loss hose fittings which arent required under the current
rules). now, unless youre trolling you shouldnt try so hard to be an ass
and actually try to read what someone says.

>> you claimed the hvac industry agrees with your idealogy. i know better.

> Cite, or smoke crack.

you yourself admitted to hearing the tech vent in your garage. on the
surface the hvac industry has to play the game but in the field its another
matter entirely.

> I posted stuff from scientists

lol and you think that gives your statements ANY credibility at all? :-)
once upon a time your "scientists" thought the earth was flat! for every
liberal scientist there is a conservative scientist who knows better.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old June 8th 05, 07:41 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

And your point is? Really Stephen, you aren't going to change any minds
here, and the more you try the more of an asshole you become. You've become
what you love to hate...most Conservatives resort to personal attacks when
they can't win an argument on facts.

Buh-bye. (plonk)