fuel gauge and check gauge light

Old September 25th 10, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Richard[_18_]

Default fuel gauge and check gauge light

I know this isn't an Explorer problem this time but maybe someone has
an idea before I get slammed.

2003 Ford Ranger.

My daughter called and says when she brakes moderatly hard the fuel
gauge pegs to the bottom and the check gauges light comes on and
almost instantly resets.
My guess is that what ever is making the gauge drop of course makes
the light come on .
Any ideas I can forward to her?

Thanks
Richard
Old September 27th 10, 04:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
C. E. White[_2_]

"Richard" > wrote in message
>I know this isn't an Explorer problem this time but maybe someone has
> an idea before I get slammed.
>
> 2003 Ford Ranger.
>
> My daughter called and says when she brakes moderatly hard the fuel
> gauge pegs to the bottom and the check gauges light comes on and
> almost instantly resets.
> My guess is that what ever is making the gauge drop of course makes
> the light come on .
> Any ideas I can forward to her?

Fill up the tank?

Ed

Old September 28th 10, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
PeterD

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:37:37 -0400, "C. E. White"
> wrote:

>"Richard" > wrote in message
>>I know this isn't an Explorer problem this time but maybe someone has
>> an idea before I get slammed.
>>
>> 2003 Ford Ranger.
>>
>> My daughter called and says when she brakes moderatly hard the fuel
>> gauge pegs to the bottom and the check gauges light comes on and
>> almost instantly resets.
>> My guess is that what ever is making the gauge drop of course makes
>> the light come on .
>> Any ideas I can forward to her?
>>

>Fill up the tank?
>
>Ed

And stop braking so hard, too?
Old October 13th 10, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Richard[_18_]

On Sep 27, 7:04*pm, PeterD > wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:37:37 -0400, "C. E. White"
>

> > wrote:
>
> >"Richard" > wrote in message
> >>I know this isn't an Explorer problem this time but maybe someone has
> >> an idea before I get slammed.

> >> 2003 Ford Ranger.

> >> *My daughter called and says when she brakes moderatly hard the fuel
> >> gauge pegs to the bottom and the check gauges light comes on and
> >> almost instantly resets.
> >> * My guess is that what ever is making the gauge drop of course makes
> >> the light come on .
> >> * Any ideas I can forward to her?

> >Fill up the tank?

> >Ed

> And stop braking so hard, too?- Hide quoted text -

Very funny! But the answer and solution to her problem was
much different. It was the oil pressure gauge instead of the fuel.
And yes the obvious solution was to but OIL in the truck. (roll
eyes) no comment after that.....